Fashion question - asking for my wife…

johnbob7

22 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Oh NO, 50 degrees outside is way too cold for open toed sandles.  Better head to the shoe store. 

To be fair, they were silent on whether or not socks would also be worn.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

My dress shoe is an open-toe sling back that I will wear.  Can't decide if I want to bring canvas tennis shoes for other nights or an open toe/closed back sandal.  It will be Alaska.  Start packing soon.

Since you said you can’t decide… 😏. Canvas tennies perfect for daytime and evening at the buffet. Less so for MDR in the evening or specialty restaurants. 

• Like 1

Just back from out first cruise on Celebrity and to be honest I was slightly worried about what to wear in the evenings given all the differing opinions on this forum. My advice- wear whatever you want, whatever you feel comfortable in, really nobody cares.  I have worn open toed sandals on cruises to Baltic, Norway and Alaska with no problem. Out of all these cruises, Alaska was most casual.  I do find you need a cardigan/long sleeves though as the public areas can be really cold with air conditioning. Maybe we are just not used to it -  funnily enough air conditioning isn’t really a thing in Scotland 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

My dress shoe is an open-toe sling back that I will wear.  Can't decide if I want to bring canvas tennis shoes for other nights or an open toe/closed back sandal.  It will be Alaska.  Start packing soon.

Canvas tennis shoes/sneakers are good anytime, any where no matter the venue or itinerary. 

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

The only place you need closed toed shoes is if you are invited to a helipad sail away.

I've seen people mention this before... how does one get invited to this?  Do you need to have a certain CC level?  (If so I can forget it as October is our first Celebrity Cruise 😛 )

11 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Thanks for the help.  I will be wearing jeans on non-chic nights.  

Jeans are fine, but if its a Caribbean cruise, jeans are pretty heavy for daytime use. I take lighter pants that are OK most nights and slacks for Chic. Just me. 

Den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Jeans are fine, but if its a Caribbean cruise, jeans are pretty heavy for daytime use. I take lighter pants that are OK most nights and slacks for Chic. Just me. 

Den

Agree. I don't even take jean (Levi) shorts on our Caribbean cruises. Light weight shorts. Some are cargo style shorts and some are regulars style shorts. Dockers every night in the MDR for me. 

Edited by davekathy

19 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Thanks for the help.  I will be wearing jeans on non-chic nights.  

That's what we did. For chic nights we wore jeans but maybe just a little dressier top.

Some people talk about jeans being too heavy, I don't know what kind of jeans they are Wearing but my jeans are no heavier than any other pair of pants. Besides the point you are inside and sometimes the air conditioning is really turned up.

• Like 1

I need to go and unpack all of the black dresses and beautiful ____insert name____ scarves I have packed for “chic” night. BTW - I don’t do chic - elegant/classic yes. This is a HUGE topic in the Cunard forums causing threads to be closed after 4 pages of posts. Better get upstairs now…oh…what to take? What to take?