Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

7 hours ago, Love2cruisewkids said:

When sailing with unvaccinated children can they testy with the antigen or does it still have to be the Pcr? The third bullet point on the announcement says all testing is the same, but isn’t specific. I need clarification because the protocol was Pcr was the only test they’d accept for kids. 

Royal has updated their protocols in the Healthy Sail section.  Click on the Updated Testing link in the left-hand corner to access the Healthy Sail Center page.  In the Starting with August 8th Departures, the bullet point about testing standard has another link Learn More, click that.  Scroll down to the section for Required Testing for Guests from US Starting August 8th.  Gives the requirements for kids.  They will now accept the proctored Antigen test.

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS STARTING AUGUST 8, 2022

For All Sailings from U.S. Homeports with no Stops in Bermuda or Canada

If your cruise sets sail August 8 or later, you’ll have the revised test protocol below, as long as your cruise does not visit Bermuda or Canada (if it does, you need to look at the section above).

Revised test protocol:

Guests 2 to 11 years of age who are not fully vaccinated must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. These guests will no longer be required to take a second test at the terminal.  

Fully vaccinated guests must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 6 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries.

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must be completed using a PCR or antigen test that is supervised by a healthcare professional or a home test kit that is conducted under live video supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

Royal has updated their protocols in the Healthy Sail section.  Click on the Updated Testing link in the left-hand corner to access the Healthy Sail Center page.  In the Starting with August 8th Departures, the bullet point about testing standard has another link Learn More, click that.  Scroll down to the section for Required Testing for Guests from US Starting August 8th.  Gives the requirements for kids.  They will now accept the proctored Antigen test.

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS STARTING AUGUST 8, 2022

For All Sailings from U.S. Homeports with no Stops in Bermuda or Canada

If your cruise sets sail August 8 or later, you’ll have the revised test protocol below, as long as your cruise does not visit Bermuda or Canada (if it does, you need to look at the section above).

Revised test protocol:

Guests 2 to 11 years of age who are not fully vaccinated must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. These guests will no longer be required to take a second test at the terminal.  

Fully vaccinated guests must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 6 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries.

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must be completed using a PCR or antigen test that is supervised by a healthcare professional or a home test kit that is conducted under live video supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense. 

That was updated last week. 

• Like 1

NCL has now dropped their vaccine requirement for all but a few destinations effective Sept 3. They have also dropped testing for vaccinated travelers.

🙂 

It's almost over 🙏🏻

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Watch for Royal's in the next day or so.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

In response to garyjames 220 on his Rome trip - Continuing relaxed protocols or your cruise will come first . Time will tell . More information on the 14th . We have same dilemma  as many others do , leave in couple of weeks to go overseas before we have to test . We also have  certificates of recovery.  We have had three cruises cancelled on us , because of testing positive since April . Keeping a good attitude. 

Edited by ssb
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

NCL has now dropped their vaccine requirement for all but a few destinations effective Sept 3. They have also dropped testing for vaccinated travelers.

🙂 

It's almost over 🙏🏻

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Watch for Royal's in the next day or so.  

Prepare for an onslaught of thread being started by new folks that are asking for information about  testing and how it works.  😇

Edited by Tree_skier

On 8/6/2022 at 11:13 PM, mpk said:

Did the 'shaming' do any good?  😀

Was just going to say the same thing. I am a huge hand washer but I know some who NEVER and barely ever get sick so sometimes that goes out the door and if they don't do it, your shaming won't make them change their mind. lol

NCL just set the bar, September 3rd, so it's likely Royal will do something very similar:

For Norwegian Cruise Lines effective September 3, 2022 include:

• Vaccinated guests aged 12 and older will no longer have any pre-cruise COVID-19 related protocols
  • Unvaccinated guests, aged 12 and older, or those who cannot or decline to provide proof of vaccination, will need to present a negative medically administered PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding
  • Guests aged 11 and under will not be subject to vaccination requirements or testing protocols of any kind
  • Vaccinated guests must meet the generally-accepted definition of “fully vaccinated” based on the destination they are embarking and/or traveling to and must provide proof of vaccination
Edited by atricks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Apparently you aren’t a doctor. Just a shaman. 

I guess Dr., can't be wrong, eh!  I could, probably within just a few minutes reference where the medical community, including Drs, were totally wrong about something.  Think Thalidomide as just one of the earlier examples.

I don't know you!  I have no opinion of you personally!  But, I don't put Doctors on a pedestal, like hospitals require of their non-doctor employees are required to do.  I'm not an enemy of the profession, I just question a lot of what they say and do because most people won't question them.  A doctor's go to answer is, "I follow the science".  My question is what science?  Harvard's?  Stanford's?  What journal and what articles?  Why will one doctor do one treatment or surgery and another say that they wouldn't do it, for whatever reason?  Because they graduated from different medical schools and/or read different trade rags.  Not science.  

And, for every doctor that say one thing, there is another that will disagree.  Doctors aren't universally agreeing with COVID PPE and Jabs, period.  When you all are on the same sheet of music, let's talk.

Edited by Ret MP
Follow the science: They mean the science they follow it. This science is not "SETTLED".
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, ober134 said:

I know this probably won't be popular opinion and I won't engage any arguments. Retired health care worker..  And now since the majority Population (meaning more than half) has received the vaccine, the non vaxxers are in the minority. Keep vaccine requirement in place but drop testing. if you choose to forego the vax, I respect your choice (but I still dont understand) but your choice does come with consequences

I don't understand why it is more dangerous for a vaccinated person if non vaccinated people are allowed onboard.  I thought that the danger would be for the non vaccinated person getting sicker.  Am I missing something?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, tampadee said:

I don't understand why it is more dangerous for a vaccinated person if non vaccinated people are allowed onboard.  I thought that the danger would be for the non vaccinated person getting sicker.  Am I missing something?

The danger is that it breaks the narrative of the last 2 years and people cant admit they were wrong and the Public Health officials were all wrong about the vaccines and the boosters. 

People are in no more danger from catching Covid from unvaccinated passengers vs vaccinated passengers. Public Health officials from the start have downplayed natural immunity acquired through prior Covid infection because they thought it would contribute to vaccine hesitancy. 

The fear is that unvaccinated people could get sicker and cause medical emergencies on the ship that would require evac which could alter a sailing. But we have no breakdown of vaccinated people that were Covid positive on sailings that required a medical emergency and evac. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, atricks said:

NCL just set the bar, September 3rd, so it's likely Royal will do something very similar:

For Norwegian Cruise Lines effective September 3, 2022 include:

• Vaccinated guests aged 12 and older will no longer have any pre-cruise COVID-19 related protocols
  • Unvaccinated guests, aged 12 and older, or those who cannot or decline to provide proof of vaccination, will need to present a negative medically administered PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding
  • Guests aged 11 and under will not be subject to vaccination requirements or testing protocols of any kind
  • Vaccinated guests must meet the generally-accepted definition of “fully vaccinated” based on the destination they are embarking and/or traveling to and must provide proof of vaccination

Accuracy please. NCL's statement starts by stating unless required by the countries being visited. Country requirements can change at any time. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Accuracy please. NCL's statement starts by stating unless required by the countries being visited. Country requirements can change at any time. 

And, they have been.  By decreasing, not increasing.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

The danger is that it breaks the narrative of the last 2 years and people cant admit they were wrong and the Public Health officials were all wrong about the vaccines and the boosters. 

People are in no more danger from catching Covid from unvaccinated passengers vs vaccinated passengers. Public Health officials from the start have downplayed natural immunity acquired through prior Covid infection because they thought it would contribute to vaccine hesitancy. 

The fear is that unvaccinated people could get sicker and cause medical emergencies on the ship that would require evac which could alter a sailing. But we have no breakdown of vaccinated people that were Covid positive on sailings that required a medical emergency and evac. 

Funny how no one remembers when the vaccinated were told they could have get togethers, unmasked but the unvaccinated could not. Then all the vaccinated starting spreading it amongst themselves. I  know unvaccinated who got less sick then the vaccinated so there is no real answer of who will get it worse. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, the penguins said:

That can be true about just about any cruise.  Look, if NCL has an itenerary to let's say, Aruba, St. Kitts, CocoCay, and Bermuda, only one requires COVID testing.  Well, guess what, COVID testing will be required to get on the ship.  

If a country requires every male tourist to wear a red hat (regardless if you get off the ship or not) but other countries that will be visited doesn't, guess what.  You'll have to produce a red hat at embarkation.  It's just the nature of the beast.

And I don't see where anything wasn't accurate.  The poster stated that Royal may follow.  And then cut and pasted.  He didn't make a blanket statement about anything!  He just posted something he got from somewhere else that said exactly, or close to it, what you are making issue of.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 3

RCCL needs to get it together. NCL, Oceania, Regent just implemented clear guidelines. For sailings after September 3rd, unvaccinated adults can sail with a test from US ports.

RCCL's guidelines are about as clear as Ganges river water.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, CoffeeBoy said:

RCCL needs to get it together. NCL, Oceania, Regent just implemented clear guidelines. For sailings after September 3rd, unvaccinated adults can sail with a test from US ports.

RCCL's guidelines are about as clear as Ganges river water.

Royals guidelines say 12 and over need a vaccine to sail. 

Everyone needs a test 3 days prior to embarkation on trips 6 days or longer 

Trips 5 days or shorter require no tests for vaccinated individuals. 

All guidelines at the discretion of destination protocols. 

seems pretty clear to me  

• Like 5

On 8/5/2022 at 6:20 AM, Ret MP said:

Yep, exactly right.  That's why everyone shouldn't rely on one call to one person.  Call several times at different times and talk to different people. If you inconsistent answers, ask for a manager or supervisor.  Also, check their own official website (FAQs).  I not only check the website, I copy and print it, just prior to sailing.  Use their own words against them if they try to play games at the terminal.  It worked for met at Pier 91 in Seattle, last May, when the terminal security employees tried to tell me that I couldn't take my drone on the ship.  I had the info on paper stating that I could, I just couldn't fly it while on the ship.   

Mp's and their toys😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Royals guidelines say 12 and over need a vaccine to sail. 

Everyone needs a test 3 days prior to embarkation on trips 6 days or longer 

Trips 5 days or shorter require no tests for vaccinated individuals. 

All guidelines at the discretion of destination protocols. 

seems pretty clear to me  

When did testing change to 3 days ?