Your Time Dining

dmcfad2

For Your Time Dining, I’m wondering if you can just show up at the MDR when you are ready to eat or do you have to make a reservation first in the Hub app? 

Edited by dmcfad2
  • Like 1

You have to make a reservation on the Hub app.  I have seen people just show up, and the staff at the restaurant either helped the person make their reservation on the app or went ahead and made it on their computer.  They greatly appreciate those who have made their reservation before showing up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmcfad2 said:

For Your Time Dining, I’m wondering if you can just show up at the MDR when you are ready to eat or do you have to make a reservation first in the Hub app? 

You can do whatever you want. There will be busy times but it's called your time dining for a reason. Enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

That's a great idea. Thanks.

Also, know that the app may be glitchy. There would be times where I booked it, had a reservation, and I showed up only to be told that my reservation didn't go through. In turn, I had to wait another 20 minutes for a table to open up. 

Other times, the app wouldn't let me book the reservation. I had to open my phone and let the hostess try to attempt to book it. It wouldn't go through. Then I would have to wait for them to make the reservation manually on their ipad.

Another hiccup is that I sometimes wanted to sit by myself. My guests LOVE seafood, and I lose all my appetite smelling fish or lobster or any seafood. So I will book a table for one. But when it says my table is ready, it will automatically book me with my other guests, even though they are already sitting down and eating for over 45 minutes. 

The app is trash. Plus, a lot of the dinning times on the app are just flat out wrong. 

You may end up wasting your time bc of the app through no fault of your own. 

• Thanks 1

Just off the Spirit and our experience was that you had to check in on the hub app and once your table was ready, you had 10 minutes to arrive at the MDR. Sometimes we waited less than 5 minutes for a table to be ready and others (elegant nights) it was 30-40 minutes. They were turning away anyone without a table confirmation at the door. Our complaint was that we specified we didn't want a shared table yet they seated us at one. After that, I asked for confirmation at the door that it was a table for 2. We enjoy spending our cruise as a couple and having intimate time together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ray98 said:

Just showing up without a reservation will only waste your time.

This, you'll just be standing around blocking up the area and in the way. The app is the way to go for sure. If one does not want to "deal with technology", set-time dining is the way to go. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhyIsTheRumGone23 said:

Our complaint was that we specified we didn't want a shared table yet they seated us at one. After that, I asked for confirmation at the door that it was a table for 2. We enjoy spending our cruise as a couple and having intimate time together.

I'm going to chalk that one up to a possible human error somehow.  As you know,the App gives you a choice.  We've never had it make a mistake.  I'm sure a quick mention to your Hostess as you were about to be seated would have had it corrected immediately.

40 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I'm going to chalk that one up to a possible human error somehow.  As you know,the App gives you a choice.  We've never had it make a mistake.  I'm sure a quick mention to your Hostess as you were about to be seated would have had it corrected immediately.

Nah....happened to me also.

21 hours ago, dmcfad2 said:

The function of the app has two uses. One to make a reservation, the second a wait time until your reservation and then alerting you when your reservation is ready. Going to the MDR and checking in gets you nowhere, your placed in line with everyone else. Sometimes the five minute wait works, sometimes it doesn't.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, dmcfad2 said:

To be clear, you are not "making a reservation" in the HUB app.  You are checking in, the same as you would be if you walked up to the hostess in a land-based restaurant and they take your name.  Making  a reservation implies that you are reserving a table for a specific time.  With the HUB app, you simply check in when you are ready to go and you will be notified when your table is ready.  At that point, you have 10 minutes to show up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you go down and then check in there you will end up just standing there waiting for a table.  Some nights/times this may not be bad and could take just a couple minutes, other nights it can be PACKED and miserable to do so.

It is so much easier to just check in on your phone and then wait for it to alert you when your table is ready and walk down.  We usually start walking down from our room right after checking in and by the time we get close we are alerted our table is ready.  We figure if we make it most of the way and don't get the alert we will just sit down and relax somewhere and people watch if need be.  Either way, no matter where you are on the ship, you have time to get there once you are alerted, so staying away from the dining room area until your table in confirmed ready is the best option.

I LOVE the new way they do this, so much more efficient then the lines, chaos, etc. you had to deal with before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

To be clear, you are not "making a reservation" in the HUB app.  You are checking in, the same as you would be if you walked up to the hostess in a land-based restaurant and they take your name.  Making  a reservation implies that you are reserving a table for a specific time.  With the HUB app, you simply check in when you are ready to go and you will be notified when your table is ready.  At that point, you have 10 minutes to show up.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying! 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:22 PM, dmcfad2 said:

That's a great idea. Thanks.

Of course those are the people clogging up the stairway, elevator lobby, and entrance when people who have tables assigned are trying to get in the dining room. I like to sit somewhere on the promenade. Then just walk down two flights of stairs when my table is assigned.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Thank you

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Of course those are the people clogging up the stairway, elevator lobby, and entrance when people who have tables assigned are trying to get in the dining room. I like to sit somewhere on the promenade. Then just walk down two flights of stairs when my table is assigned.

Clogging? They walk up, and want to eat. They are given a waiting time for their table.  If it's my time dining, nobody has reservations. Of course, there are never lines on a cruise ship

3 minutes ago, 6aces said:

Clogging? They walk up, and want to eat. They are given a waiting time for their table.  If it's my time dining, nobody has reservations. Of course, there are never lines on a cruise ship

That's why it's encouraged to check in on the app, to prevent the clogging up around the dining room. You stay away until your table is ready. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1