Diamond drink for Johnny Rockets?

Hi

Last time I was on cruise I wanted to get the buy one get the other 1/2 price or something like that at Johnny Rockets . I told the guy at the register that we were diamond and he applied 2 of our 4 drinks and we didn’t have to pay anything. 

I was wondering if I was lucky or if I can use my diamond drinks for shakes as well. 

thanks 

15 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi

Last time I was on cruise I wanted to get the buy one get the other 1/2 price or something like that at Johnny Rockets . I told the guy at the register that we were diamond and he applied 2 of our 4 drinks and we didn’t have to pay anything. 

I was wondering if I was lucky or if I can use my diamond drinks for shakes as well. 

thanks 

You certainly can...policy not luck :classic_wink:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

On the Allure in June my daughter was NOT allowed to use a diamond voucher for her shake...My cousin paid, I was not there...if I was there it would have been a different outcome...

My husband was also not allowed to use his diamond voucher on Allure.

Unfortunately, the only way to know is to go directly to the JR manager and ask directly once you get on board. Every ship is different it seams. To make matters worse, it may even change from week to week on the same ship. aauggh. I completely struck out on both of my sailings on the Adventure (but someone the week after me said they changed policy and they were able to use their 4 coupons for milkshakes at JR) but have been able to use them on Liberty of the Seas (but also heard someone say they were not able to). Typical Royal Carribean: consistently unconsistent. 

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That's why I use them for "adult" shakes ($11)

True story...

We were having a drink at Playmakers (JR is just across the boardwalk on the Symphony), a family next to us wondered loudly if they can use their vouchers at JR...so I thought, hmmmm someone on Cruise Critic will want to know.

So I went, and they were happy to accept the vouchers. When I finally got my chocolate and strawberry milkshakes...I handed him a  couple of dollars for tip and started walking out. He politely stopped me and handed me a receipt to sign. * I have never received a receipt for alcoholic drinks, so this caught me by surprise.

I walked back to Playmakers, as happy as can be with the 2 milkshakes and gave tbe receipt to my wife...she said sarcastically with rolling eyes,  "You do realize you just used a $13 voucher for a $5 milkshake?".....ooops :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

The Diamond Voucher did not work for my kids who are also Diamond.  We used the 1/2 price coupon for the milkshakes.  My kids don't drink anything other than water and the occasional milkshake. I was loving using their vouchers for bottled water.  And the staff loved me since I tipped for each bottled water they gave me.

16 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

We used our vouchers  for shakes at JR on the Symphony...no problems.

* IMHO, what a waste of vouchers.

Excuse me, but IMHO it can be a great way to use vouchers if you happen to be Diamond, but can’t/don’t drink alcoholic beverages due to medications you may be on.

Yes I am that person happily using my vouchers for bottled water and virgin Pina coladas, and now maybe milk shakes too.

• Like 3

We had lunch at JR on Liberty and ordered shakes to drink with our food. They (without asking) used our vouchers to pay for the shakes. When we saw the bill, we told them we didn't want to use the vouchers and he needed to redo the bill so that we paid for them. We wanted to use the vouchers on something more worthwhile than a milkshake.

On our Allure cruise in July last month,  our daughter use diamond vouchers to get milkshakes at Johnny Rocket through out the cruise without any issues.

I did also asked the diamond lounge concierge lady about using the voucher for milkshake at JR and she said yes you can.   I guess if you have any issue of using it, just ask your diamond lounge concierge to resolve it.

Edited by StrikeEagle
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 5:13 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi

thanks 

Just a question on the original post , it sounds like you are saying you get 4 vouchers per couple per day ...Is this the case or is it 4 vouchers per person per day as I had understood ?

7 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

4 voucher per person per day.  That person must be a diamond member even though they are in the same cabin.

Thx .

Also , Does anyone know are you able to stack them ? As in , my wife and I both use 0 on day 1 , would we accumulate 8 each for use day 2 ..? or do the expire at end of each day ?

34 minutes ago, StrikeEagle said:

vouchers do not carry over,  they expired at the end of the day.  At the end of the day, with unused voucher,  we get a can of soda or beer to go (unopened)

ahh yes , perfect, great plan... beers keep well !

Are these vouchers a permanent perk? Have they always been part of the diamond package or are they maybe a temporary perk , used in trying to encourage return to sailing ?

The way I read it on the website it was under "ENHANCED BENEFITS".  Wasnt sure what that meant exactly..? 

Enhanced Benefits

Drink Vouchers

We’re excited to offer our Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members beverage vouchers for drinks up to $13. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the lounges during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!