Changed the bed configuration & it nearly doubled the price.

Stockjock

Booked a new cruise through the CC desk today.  Logged in to make sure the reservation looked okay and it was fine.

it asked what bed configuration I wanted, so I answered "together".  Instantly, it added several thousand dollars to the price.

Anyone had that happen before?  Looks like another long hold time calling Celebrity.  Last one was over 90 minutes.

Edited by Stockjock

Makes no sense. This is a tech error for sure. Get hold of them, or move it over to a TA and let them handle it…no wait for you.

Edit: did you mean you booked with CruseCritic? If so, call them.

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Makes no sense. This is a tech error for sure. Get hold of them, or move it over to a TA and let them handle it…no wait for you.

Edit: did you mean you booked with CruseCritic? If so, call them.

den

Most likely meant Captains Club..?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Apparently you booked an empty cabin, and when you changed the bed configuration, that added the beds to the cabin and raised the price.  Maybe next time choose sleeping bags…. EM

That must be it.  After 1.5 hours on hold, agent came on and then promptly disconnected the call.  I'll see if it's sorted out by Monday, and if not, call them again.

Don’t worry about it - they will easily sort it. I’ve had it happen many times when I change it to separate beds - I travel with my mum. I have a celebrity agent who I now just email and we always laugh about it. My one at the moment is I’ve booked a suite and it shows as a suite on the invoice (and is priced as one!) but the manage reservation has it as an inside stateroom! 
Wendy 

• Like 1

Did it cost more apart or together?  Never thought of pricing it both ways.  If it’s cheaper apart,  my spouse might object. It’s ok with me.
New way to make money? What’s next?  Buying tickets to use elevators or tenders?  More exercise incentive to climb stairs and swim to shore. Rental fee for chaises…extra near the pool?   Celebrity has a reputation of having lots of extra charges.   

FWIW, I did call Celebrity today and they sorted it out and adjusted the price to what it should be.  Yesterday, I asked if they could throw in some OBC due to all of the issues and dropped calls (3, 1.5 hour calls, misdirected calls, 2 dropped calls, etc) and the supervisor gave me $200, which works for me.

Then, after all of the dropped calls yesterday at Celebrity, I called MSC to make a final payment and my first 2 calls were dropped.

I thought all of this new technology was supposed to make things easier, better and more reliable?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

FWIW, I did call Celebrity today and they sorted it out and adjusted the price to what it should be.  Yesterday, I asked if they could throw in some OBC due to all of the issues and dropped calls (3, 1.5 hour calls, misdirected calls, 2 dropped calls, etc) and the supervisor gave me $200, which works for me.

Congratulations on the OBC! 

• Like 1