Regent Cronuts

A very serious question.😆   We discovered the cronuts on the Explorer in the Coffee Connection.  It became my duty to retrieve one each morning with a cup and return to our cabin - before breakfast. 😋  They changed the flavors each day. 

Needless to say - my wife is asking me if they exist on the Mariner and the Navigator (our next several cruises)?  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yankeeclipper1 said:

A very serious question.😆   We discovered the cronuts on the Explorer in the Coffee Connection.  It became my duty to retrieve one each morning with a cup and return to our cabin - before breakfast. 😋  They changed the flavors each day. 

Needless to say - my wife is asking me if they exist on the Mariner and the Navigator (our next several cruises)?  

Voyager too if you please. I had my first cronut on Splendor las last month. Yumm!

Our next two cruises are on Voyager and Mariner. 

Until encountering them on our first Regent cruise on the Explorer, I never knew such culinary perfection existed!  I thought of them first thing each morning when I woke!  And missed them sorely when we departed.  I give them 50 stars!

Joanie

@Guerncruising is right...  I don't need TOO many of these on a cruise.

On the Explorer recently, I found them to be a little chewy and dense compared to previous cruises, but then again most of the breads and pastries on that sailing were not quite as good as I'd remembered.  Maybe a new pastry chef?

Will definitely give them another try next cruise.

They have not reached this remote part of the UK yet - I guess a cross between a croissant and a doughnut?  Didn't like the look of the icing, but the rest just looks sinfully gorgeous.

I daresay once per cruise could be forgiven.

We can buy them from a local baker here in Gloucestershire where they are known as Scruffins 🙂  (yummy too!)  But they look more like a muffin than a doughnut (no hole).  I think maybe croissant/muffin in our case?

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

We can buy them from a local baker here in Gloucestershire where they are known as Scruffins 🙂  (yummy too!)  But they look more like a muffin than a doughnut (no hole).  I think maybe croissant/muffin in our case?

@Gillythe cronuts on Regent ships are light and airy with layers so more like a cross between a croissant and donut.  Those you describe sound interesting. 

I scrape off the icing on top and prefer the cinnamon ones myself.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gilly said:

@NCCruzQueen I tried one of Regent's last week on board Navigator and (sshhh!) I found it a little dry.  Perhaps I needed to try another one, "just to make sure"?  😉

Yes, @Gillyit's always good to give them another try.  I am particular about the flavors as well.  Enjoy your taste testing and report back here!!

• Like 2

I just want to give a shout out to my two favorite Regent breakfast treats:

fresh mini chocolate croissants (preferably in CR)

pecan sticky buns in La Verandah

I discovered that CR seems to have the freshest croissants the last few days of our Navigator cruise, but the ones in Coffee Connection are usually fine to go with my daily iced latte.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, Clutj said:

They are a bit overstuffed with creme for my taste. Has anyone had ones on RSSC that aren’t filled? 

I am sure you can just ask them to make you some without filling or icing.  Or just filling and no icing (someone mentioned they did not like icing)