No More Quest?

moposh

20 hours ago, kidz_rn said:

We stopped going after the first 2 or 3 times cause it got silly, repetitive, and out-of-control. I suppose there's a direct correlation between guests' alcohol consumption and Quest enjoyment 😂

CD skill is actually showcased here.  I've been to Quest where the CD just followed a script and it shows.  I've been to other quests where activities may have been similar, but how the CD deals with it can make or break it.  Sure, alcohol consumption helps, but how the CD deals with the drunken unpredictability, THATs the skill there.  A good CD keeps it in control, but makes feel like its out of control.  A bad CD lets it really get out of control and just lets it languish.  Its noticeable and can turn Quest into a repetitive show, or something truly fun.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BND said:

Kind of like the people who cruise a lot on the same ship and go to all the trivia and know the answers so they can win a stupid key chain.  

I had a guy yell at me because he thought I was looking at his trivia card on our last cruise. He was seriously ticked off and his wife had to settle him down. Probably didn’t help that I couldn’t stop laughing over it all. 

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, kidz_rn said:

We stopped going after the first 2 or 3 times cause it got silly, repetitive, and out-of-control. I suppose there's a direct correlation between guests' alcohol consumption and Quest enjoyment 😂

yup I agree just a silly mess and folks got hurt as well.

I have been on 4 RCI ships this year and no Quest thank goodness.   I like the majority rules game or some of the others just as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If thinking the bellyflop contest is over it’s usefulness date and may need to be relegated to times passed makes me an old geezer, then oh well I guess that makes me an old geezer (a fairly young one).  But, I can’t imagine anyone younger than me thinking it is the best thing ever either. Some things are worth carrying forward and some thing aren’t. It’s a silly thing to to judge someone on either way.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

If thinking the bellyflop contest is over it’s usefulness date and may need to be relegated to times passed makes me an old geezer, then oh well I guess that makes me an old geezer (a fairly young one).  But, I can’t imagine anyone younger than me thinking it is the best thing ever either. Some things are worth carrying forward and some thing aren’t. It’s a silly thing to to judge someone on either way.

I always enjoy the belly flop contest.  It's funny and the CD (or whoever hosts it) always makes it fun.  My daughter tried to get me into it but there was no way (but I'll bet I would've won it!)  .  She did once rope me into the cornhole competition.  My opponent was a drunk guy we called Capt. Jack (Sparrow) because we was always stumbling around with a drink in hand the whole time.  Now I'm not really good at cornhole, but I figure against a drunk guy, I was in like Flint!  Um, no.  He beat me - badly!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I always enjoy the belly flop contest.  It's funny and the CD (or whoever hosts it) always makes it fun.  My daughter tried to get me into it but there was no way (but I'll bet I would've won it!)  .  She did once rope me into the cornhole competition.  My opponent was a drunk guy we called Capt. Jack (Sparrow) because we was always stumbling around with a drink in hand the whole time.  Now I'm not really good at cornhole, but I figure against a drunk guy, I was in like Flint!  Um, no.  He beat me - badly!

Sorry I missed it 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Any other reports of Quest on other ships? Specifically checking for Symphony. I will check in Roll Calls as well. Anyone read anything on that big social media site about Quest? I'm not desiring to participate. I am taking a first time cruiser on Symphony in a few weeks and it would be interesting to watch it for a few minutes and see their reaction, lol. 

14 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Any other reports of Quest on other ships? Specifically checking for Symphony. I will check in Roll Calls as well. Anyone read anything on that big social media site about Quest? I'm not desiring to participate. I am taking a first time cruiser on Symphony in a few weeks and it would be interesting to watch it for a few minutes and see their reaction, lol. 

If you don’t have luck on roll calls, google ‘Sym cruise compass’ and search there. We’ve had success getting the latest compass doing that. 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:14 AM, BND said:

Kind of like the people who cruise a lot on the same ship and go to all the trivia and know the answers so they can win a stupid key chain.  

On a couple of recent cruises several trivia hosts have said something similar to if you want to cheat go ahead, all the prizes are crap. I thought it was funny and also set the tone that winning doesn’t really matter, it’s about having fun. 

We still enjoyed it.  But agree that too many brought the required items.

Like with the trivia, get into the 20th Century.   For Quest have 100+ tasks.  Then use the computer to randomly pick the required number.

Same with trivia, each subject could have hundreds of items, and the computer pick the ones for today.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mike45orlando said:

On the Wonder, the C/D said that they did the Quest last week on the trans Atlantic and RCCL gave the order to resume it fleet wide.

Great, but let's not tell anyone so they cant overprepare, lol. 

Again, easy to prevent over preparation.

Come up with 100 or more tasks.  Use a computer to randomize a mix of tasks, with some ability for the CD to mark a task or two as not suitable.

The problem was, it was always the same tasks. 

• Like 1

How about some new questions for the Newlywed Show too? Same questions and games for probably at least a decade or so. The best part of all of these things are the different people participating but RCCL seems to have the same shows and things every.single.cruise for years and years and years. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:58 AM, Merion_Mom said:

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Bunch of old grumpy curmudgeons posting here.

So you think stuff is old and stale?  Let the newbies have some fun!  Go do something else.

I agree with Merion_Mom. Do these nay sayers realize if they do not like something they don't have to do it or go to it. There are numerous other things to do on board. As some of the people on here have stated. They would like it to return.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1