Aqua class embarkation lunch

wesport

9 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Blu is not open for lunch on any day. The only restaurant dining for lunch is the MDR, limited to Concierge Class, and Luminae, limited to suites. Sushi on 5 might be open but it is a specialty restaurant.

Sushi on 5 is great. Affordable prices and tasty food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wesport said:

Leaving tomorrow on the Infinity in aqua class. Is Blu open for lunch on embarkation day. Don’t really feel like the buffet on day one. Any suggestions?

Blu isn't open for lunch. Occasionally there is a special lunch offered but it's an extra fee and not a regular benefit of Aqua.

LOVE Aqua class! I wish they would open Blu for lunch, especially on embarkation day.

Anyway, the selections are limited, but, having to eat gluten-free, I usually head to the Aqua Spa Cafe, which is open to all.

They have healthy, small plates, and from my experience, they are always plated by the staff (last cruise 2018 but going again soon). They also have  cookies, muffins, soups, smoothies, and more. Not everything is gluten-free, so it's great for everyone who wants lighter offerings. And if you're super hungry, just eat more! 😄

I like how they keep the food separated for safety.

Edited by LaughingAndSplashing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LaughingAndSplashing said:

LOVE Aqua class! I wish they would open Blu for lunch, especially on embarkation day.

Anyway, the selections are limited, but, having to eat gluten-free, I usually head to the Aqua Spa Cafe, which is open to all.

They have healthy, small plates, and from my experience, they are always plated by the staff (last cruise 2018 but going again soon). They also have  cookies, muffins, soups, smoothies, and more. Not everything is gluten-free, so it's great for everyone who wants lighter offerings. And if you're super hungry, just eat more! 😄

I like how they keep the food separated for safety.

Unfortunately when I have checked this year, Aqua Spa Cafe is not showing as open on embarkation day.  Which really stinks since it used to be a great alternative to the buffet rush.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, capecodmercury said:

Unfortunately when I have checked this year, Aqua Spa Cafe is not showing as open on embarkation day.  Which really stinks since it used to be a great alternative to the buffet rush.

Aqua spa cafe has a very limited menu. Only 1 type of soup the entire cruise and no salmon or chicken cooked to order like years gone by.  Also there is no variation in their entrees.  Its ok if you just want a light lunch. 

• Like 1

Can’t depend on the Spa Cafe being open.  The Mast Grill should be open and is good if you like burgers and dogs.   Sushi may be open. 

Other than the Buffet their aren’t many o-en if not in a suite or CC.

Bite the bullet and go to the buffet.  not a fan of buffets but there are many options. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I'm not a fan of buffets but every once in a while, we run into a surprise in the buffet. On our first Alaskan cruise, they had a whole flounder; on a Caribbean cruise, we had mussels and on our Alaskan cruise last year, they had the most amazing fruit assortment I've ever seen. I've always wanted to try star fruit, dragon fruit, Lychee and rambutan but we didn't expect to see them on the embarkation day buffet. We went back every day to see it they offered it again but it was just the one time. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, capecodmercury said:

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Aqua Spa was always my go-to. 

Thank goodness, I do intermittent fasting! LOL! 

16 hours ago, LaughingAndSplashing said:

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Aqua Spa was always my go-to. 

Thank goodness, I do intermittent fasting! LOL! 

I do intermittent fasting but never on holiday - pre cruise practically every day for a month or two 😂

• Like 2