New room service menu starting October 1

Honolulu Blue

22 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The last time I went to order a BLT through room service it was the no bacon day, so I guess it was turkey bacon as an option. I passed. Are they still doing that alternating bacon days both through room service and in the buffet?

They must think we are a bunch of turkeys if they are trying to serve us fake BLT's. 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lil2Angelic said:

I heard that Carnival is no longer providing the hanging room service breakfast cards so you can pre-order your coffee, fruit, breakfast items to be delivered at a scheduled time in the morning. Is this true?

Correct, you can call the night before or the morning of.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:59 AM, mz-s said:

Don't people waste the nasty danishes and cold cereal they hand out "complimentary" during breakfast hours? Gotta figure that's next on the chopping block...

What do you mean by "waste". On a cruise is the only time the wife and I indulge in frosted flakes and fruit loops. We don't waste a thing.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:50 AM, ShakyBeef said:

I don't know if it still does, but the PB&J used to come with potato chips and a chocolate chip cookie or two.  This with a beer is DH's favourite RS order.  He enjoys it while relaxing in the jetted bathtub.  It became a wacky Carnival cruise tradition for him many years ago, when we booked our first Suite and he just couldn't stop chuckling about his silly Jacuzzi tub snack.  He'll still order it for the $5, but will be disappointed if the chips and cookie are no longer included.

I've ordered a toasted PB&J dozens of times after getting back to the ship after a hot day in port, call in the order, shower and voila, food arrives without having to trudge down to the buffett or Guy's for food.

But the one thing used to be, about half the time, the chips or cookies would be stale. (usually the chips)

I couldn't careless when it was free, i'd just eat the sandwich and leave the stale chips or cookie.

If they are going to make you pay for super simple stuff like a PB&J and chips, they'd better prepare to serve much better quality food if you're going to force people to pay for it.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, bguppies said:

If they are going to make you pay for super simple stuff like a PB&J and chips, they'd better prepare to serve much better quality food if you're going to force people to pay for it.

Yes, this! $5 for a PB&J is already pretty steep if you can't eat the chips or cookie. 

• Like 1

With all of the food Carnival has, that I look forward to, and have a hard time fitting it all in, I couldn't imagine having a PB&J. Also, having to pay for PB&J is not a good marketing look for Carnival. Many people are quick to write off cruises without giving them a chance. When people hear "you even have to pay for a PB&J" it will be taken the wrong way.

31 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

lol.  the cutbacks come so fast and so frequently you can't even keep track. 

coin operated toilets soon 

It's a new surprise every time you board. For example last week I learned you can't actually pay attention to the app because even if it says the pizza place is open at 9AM, in reality nobody will be there to serve you until around Noon.

Guest BasicSailor

One thing I noticed was while inline ordering a pizza. There are always people sitting near that had previously ordered a half or a slice of pizza. When several pizzas come out, they are quickly gobbled away. The person in line is left waiting for the next batch of pizza to be made. Noticed several people bickering over, this a few heated.

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's a new surprise every time you board. For example last week I learned you can't actually pay attention to the app because even if it says the pizza place is open at 9AM, in reality nobody will be there to serve you until around Noon.

Challenge accepted 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 10:39 AM, mz-s said:

How much is it now? And is it a real BLT or a turkey BLT?

LOL ... on my last cruise (when the BLT was still free) they took the "turkey" part seriously.  I ordered it three times and all three times I got a BLT with turkey lunch meat on it.

31 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

LOL ... on my last cruise (when the BLT was still free) they took the "turkey" part seriously.  I ordered it three times and all three times I got a BLT with turkey lunch meat on it.

Three times??? Must have been good!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, mz-s said:

Like they say the bars are open at 8 am, actually I never see anyone to at least 0945. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Do you know if Deli sandwiches are made to order (ex: no horseradish sauce on steak & cheese) or are they all pre-made (and warmed if a hot item)?

Apparently it depends on the ship. On the Sunshine and Freedom everything I ordered was made to order, but I hear reports of folks on other ships getting served pre-made (and hastily reheated) sandwiches.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Do you know if Deli sandwiches are made to order (ex: no horseradish sauce on steak & cheese) or are they all pre-made (and warmed if a hot item)?

On my last few trips to the deli, I have noticed that they were "pre-assembled". Which means they assemble the ingredients together to balance labor during slow times and rushes. I even watched another worker make them. I think many people equate this to a prepackaged gas station sandwich. While equating "fresh" with hand-carved meats and freshly baked bread out of the oven. The difference is you are just watching them do the same thing they may have done a half hour ago. If you don't like an ingredient (like disgusting horseradish), they can make you one without.

Edited by Joebucks
  • Thanks 1

Was really hoping speciality coffees/iced coffees would appear on the room service menu because the line at that place can get so long sometimes! I don't mind paying for certain things if I order room service because I mostly eat in the free eateries anyways and the convenience of having a snack but not having to leave the room is nice as well. 

• Like 1