The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 1st, 2022

richwmn

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

I can salute all the days: I love coffee, I call myself "mature", and at times try to be frugal with my fun (other times not). Interesting quote.

I like the meal (I like cumin), pass on the drink and wine.

I have not been to Toulon. Thanks for the photos.

It's dark and we're getting rain from hurricane Ian, but nothing too bad. Busy thread! I'm late today. I started this morning with a haircut (my salon is still requiring masks, yay). Then BFF picked me up and we went to take another friend to the airport. Then we watched the latest episode of LOTR back here, so I'm just getting to reading and responding. I can't get warm! I'm not used to these temps in the 50's. Also got my lab work back; mainly normal but some liver enzymes a tad up.

@grapau27 Good news about normal blood tests.

@kazu That's a lot of stems! Be careful lifting stuff. 

@Cat in my lap Safe travels.

@kplady Happy Retirement! 

@StLouisCruisers Great photos. Thanks! I'm glad DGD is home and has power and no damage.

@Cruzin Terri I'm happy you are able to go on your trip. Safe travels. Have a great time!

@cunnorl Happy Birthday to your DH! 

@Seasick Sailor I hope your sister is feeling better today.

@ger_77 I hope you find your earring. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos.

@jimgev So glad to hear you're safe; sorry to hear of the devastation in your community. 

@HAL4NOW Good news on the Bolt Creek Fire. 

Prayers for the Care List, all in the paths of storms and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

@jimgev Thank you for checking in.  Prayers for all around you in FL.  

@Vict0riannThat caterpillar is probably a brown variant of the Swallowtail butterfly.   The eyes are a deterrent to stop birds from eating them.  I think when you moved it it may have upset it forming its' cocoon - I would like to hear what the butterfly center has to say.  It seems the more spectacular the caterpillar the better the end product.  cecropia moth - Hyalophora cecropia Linnaeus

image.jpeg.8441a7f6560dbc645424cd7e2e81f4e3.jpegCecrophia moth caterpillar and the moth

@grapau27That is me during Ravens games or a big horse race.  

Thank you for the beautiful photos of Toulon and environs!  

Prayers for everyone in Florida devastated by Ian.  🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the before and after pictures of Sanibel is so sad.  It looks like the Ding Wildlife preserve is gone, which means our CROW center which we love and support is gone also.  I have noticed that the bridge between Captiva and Sanibel is still standing, but there is no road anymore to get you to the bridge.  Pine Island is less than half it's size.

DH is still working on one brake, and it's dark outside, can I get someone beside me to tell him it's time to call it a day?  He said to me earlier, I bet you want to eat (well I do) and I said, well, you just work until you are not happy working out side anymore,  That was two hours ago.

Glad I made a decent sandwich for lunch.

Going out to give him a sanity check.

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

Thank you all for the good wishes.  Hope tomorrow’s drive is not too bad.

We have to be up early on Monday since we have a 6:28 am flight to Miami.  

Then a 10:20 am to Barbados. We arrive at 2:15 pm.

Only the last minute stuff to go in the bags tomorrow morning and we are finished.

i cannot tell you how much I need to get away from this mess.

Thank you all for being so supportive for the last month through this nightmare.

Will try to post and send photos when and if I can.

I really did this up big.  We are flying business class and then I arranged a Meet and Greet at the airport in BGI to whisk us through and a Limo to get us to the hotel. After all, this was supposed to happen last year for a big anniversary and then we had to put it on hold because DBIL passed away. So I decided to do it up big. DH has no idea.  Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL!

He’ll just think it’s part of the package and I will let him believe it.

Hope everyone had a good day.

God bless and good night.

Terri

• Like 16

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, all that worrying and planning for nothing.  DGD and her friend did their research and found out the apartment was fine with full power.  I'm not even going to get into which route they took because it doesn't matter anymore.  She's home!  🥳

And that’s all that counts 😉. She’s home and safe ♥️ Delighted to hear it.

11 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL!

LOL - I learned that lesson long ago but DH knew it was not part of any package and I would confess 😉 

Seriously, I think those are fantastic plans and well deserved.  I’m glad you are making it special.  Make the most of the time you have together ♥️ 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Bolt Creek Fire Update: Evacuation Guidance has been dropped for the entire area. The highway is opened, but lower speed limits exist through the active fire region. The strategy for fighting this fire is 'consumption'. It is expected to burn within the perimeter until it runs out of fuel or, more likely, the rains and snow come. A little rain is predicted the middle of October now.

Thank you for the update.  It seems things are looking up.  I hope your area  gets rain before mid-October.

18 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for the good wishes.  Hope tomorrow’s drive is not too bad.

We have to be up early on Monday since we have a 6:28 am flight to Miami.  

Then a 10:20 am to Barbados. We arrive at 2:15 pm.

Only the last minute stuff to go in the bags tomorrow morning and we are finished.

i cannot tell you how much I need to get away from this mess.

Thank you all for being so supportive for the last month through this nightmare.

Will try to post and send photos when and if I can.

I really did this up big.  We are flying business class and then I arranged a Meet and Greet at the airport in BGI to whisk us through and a Limo to get us to the hotel. After all, this was supposed to happen last year for a big anniversary and then we had to put it on hold because DBIL passed away. So I decided to do it up big. DH has no idea.  Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL!

Hope everyone had a good day.

God bless and good night.

Terri

Teri, I hope you have safe and uneventful travels tomorrow and Monday.  Enjoy your two week get away with all the extras.  We promise not to mention anything about the perks.  😉

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

In the end, he came in, filthy and tired, and no where near finished, and admitted he was hungry.  I told him to take a shower and I would take him out for dinner.  We had Vietnamese food.  Our standard these days for long Saturdays.

Good news.  I got an email from CROW, that they got all the critters and volunteers off the island, and are looking for animal care centers throughout the state to place them all.  The critters not the volunteers.  and of course they got a picture of the property on Sanibel.  It is in water, but the roofs are still on.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F4baf1ef4701%2Faa7ce341-4ee5-4ba6-a7e1-6c42cd4dab9e.jpg%3Frdr%3Dtrue&t=1664674393&ymreqid=1b73797d-1b33-0db8-1c89-1c0001014500&sig=V1gQlIg1oqq9opPLZOgtPA--~D

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F4baf1ef4701%2F35d517a7-8074-4325-88a3-23663875d55f.jpg%3Frdr%3Dtrue&t=1664674393&ymreqid=1b73797d-1b33-0db8-1c89-1c0001014500&sig=P_o7DOOj0yN5xD64WmwfyA--~D

I am so happy to read this news!

@GTVCRUISER Your smiling cup of coffee was just scary!

@VictOriannCovid is not over.  It's just that the news wants to us to think, that if they don't mention it, it doesn't exist.  I'm talking to people in Asheville, and Louisville, and so many are asking me to call back in a couple of weeks, they have Covid.  New strains are developing every day.  I look to my mask as a fashion statement these days, not just a health statement.   Be vigilant!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

In the end, he came in, filthy and tired, and no where near finished, and admitted he was hungry.  I told him to take a shower and I would take him out for dinner.  We had Vietnamese food.  Our standard these days for long Saturdays.

Good news.  I got an email from CROW, that they got all the critters and volunteers off the island, and are looking for animal care centers throughout the state to place them all.  The critters not the volunteers.  and of course they got a picture of the property on Sanibel.  It is in water, but the roofs are still on.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F4baf1ef4701%2Faa7ce341-4ee5-4ba6-a7e1-6c42cd4dab9e.jpg%3Frdr%3Dtrue&t=1664674393&ymreqid=1b73797d-1b33-0db8-1c89-1c0001014500&sig=V1gQlIg1oqq9opPLZOgtPA--~D

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F4baf1ef4701%2F35d517a7-8074-4325-88a3-23663875d55f.jpg%3Frdr%3Dtrue&t=1664674393&ymreqid=1b73797d-1b33-0db8-1c89-1c0001014500&sig=P_o7DOOj0yN5xD64WmwfyA--~D

I am so happy to read this news!

@GTVCRUISER Your smiling cup of coffee was just scary!

@VictOriannCovid is not over.  It's just that the news wants to us to think, that if they don't mention it, it doesn't exist.  I'm talking to people in Asheville, and Louisville, and so many are asking me to call back in a couple of weeks, they have Covid.  New strains are developing every day.  I look to my mask as a fashion statement these days, not just a health statement.   Be vigilant!

Annie, the news about the animals and volunteers being safe and off the island is great.  Thank you for letting us know.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Either of the dinner suggestions would have been OK with me, but what I actually had was Gruyère cheese from Switzerland, slices of cucumber and red bell pepper, Chardonnay from Israel, and a baked potato.

The only thing I know about Toulon, which may or may not be accurate, is that Arlette Van der Valk was from there. FWIW, the current Van der Valk series on television is getting on my nerves, because except for the name of the title character and being set in Amsterdam, it has nothing to do with the Freeling novels. Furthermore, Arlette isn't in it; Van der Valk is single.

A colleague in Massachusetts reported that there had been a squirrel in the synagogue on Rosh Hashanah. Since then they've caught it in a live trap. It's a variety of squirrel that most people would call an opossum. I keep remonstrating with people at ours not to prop doors open, because there is a family of skunks living at the back of the parking lot.

1328957313_instagrambutterly.thumb.jpg.3ae838c9ba07fe3acfd9dd3bbab593de.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

@marshhawk Great news about  CROW! In the midst of recovery from Ian, we need good news!

@MISTER 67 If you see this post from your "lemonade cruise" you may want to make some more lemons into lemonade as I just received this notice from Florida Power & Light:

"Restoration of customers affected by Hurricane Ian in Charlotte County is estimated to be completed by 10/9/2022 at 11:59 PM."

Hopefully, October 9 is FPL's worst case scenario...

-Melisa

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2