White & Gold Night?

jmelnick

57 minutes ago, jmelnick said:

Just got an email about our upcoming cruise on Discovery.  They talked about a White & Gold Night that's on the 2nd Formal NIght.  Does anyone know what goes on during the White & Gold Night?

This is a new theme to “celebrate” the new TV show (the real love boat) that aired for the first time last night.  I believe some cruises in progress are having it as well so maybe check a recent live from.

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

This is a new theme to “celebrate” the new TV show (the real love boat) that aired for the first time last night.  I believe some cruises in progress are having it as well so maybe check a recent live from.

Maybe I'll pass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisecrazy82 said:

Here’s the info from their website regarding this new party. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/entertainment/

48D5DAB0-97BE-4CC4-B0BB-1E65A07A2205.jpeg

Nope. I won't be celebrating one of the tackiest shows on TV! I'm embarrassed to be a Princess cruiser after watching a few minutes of that shipwreck of a show. Ugh!  👎🚽

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 1

The original Love Boat show generated lots and lots of interest in cruising. Yes, I sailed on the Pacific Princess back in the early eighties, and the onboard experience was not quite like the show (ha ha).

This new version uses the reality show style to continue the concept. It is filmed live on the ship during real cruises.  I have read that a few other Cruise Critic writers saw some of the filming while onboard their voyages.

It will definitely appeal to the younger set, who may be the target audience that Princess really wants to attract to the cruising world.

Part of choosing the big name cruise line ships is enjoying all the many unique activities.  In this day and age of public online sharing, younger people really like to be a part of the action and attention.

Sure, I will wear my gold and white and stop in at the party--why not?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

The original Love Boat show generated lots and lots of interest in cruising. Yes, I sailed on the Pacific Princess back in the early eighties, and the onboard experience was not quite like the show (ha ha).

This new version uses the reality show style to continue the concept. It is filmed live on the ship during real cruises.  I have read that a few other Cruise Critic writers saw some of the filming while onboard their voyages.

It will definitely appeal to the younger set, who may be the target audience that Princess really wants to attract to the cruising world.

Part of choosing the big name cruise line ships is enjoying all the many unique activities.  In this day and age of public online sharing, younger people really like to be a part of the action and attention.

Sure, I will wear my gold and white and stop in at the party--why not?

I'm not into reality shows, but I would dress up and enjoy the party!!  

• Like 2