Elite Minibar exchange

markrph

13 minutes ago, markrph said:

Hi-

What is included in the Elite minibar setup and can it all be exchanged for cans of soda? Is it still room servive that takes care of the exchange?

Thanks

Yes, it's room service to call. Yes you can get all sodas. Alcohol can be exchanged for soft drinks but soft drinks cannot be exchanged for alcohol. 

27 minutes ago, markrph said:

Hi-

What is included in the Elite minibar setup and can it all be exchanged for cans of soda? Is it still room servive that takes care of the exchange?

Thanks

Here are photos of Discovery’s minibar::

FFCB9E8A-0F8A-4056-9F0C-FC229B63869D.png

6E0BCE9D-FF7C-4357-9129-C7BE62961186.png

• Thanks 1

It used to be you could swap alcohol for alcohol and non for non.  (There was a coffee card deal, too, but I forget the details.)  We would keep the little bottles and swap the beers for more little bottles.  (They are good have at home in your private bar.)  The rest got swapped for water.  I don't know what the current rules are.

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Swap the full setup for two coffee "cards". 

One will be placed on each of the first 2 occupants' onboard accounts.

One of my very favorite perks is the mini bar swap for the 2 coffee pkgs.  My DH isn't much of a specialty coffee drinker, meaning I get close to 30 specialty coffees. 😁

In August, I called room service to let them know what I wanted delivered. They did not have the minibar already in my cabin the first day due to the number of Elites on that cruise (more than 800). The next day, a room service steward tried to bring me the regular assortment and not what I wanted. She made a note of my request and came back around an hour later with what I wanted. Then a second room service steward tried to bring more beers. I told him the other room service steward had already delivered them.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:03 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Here are photos of Discovery’s minibar::

FFCB9E8A-0F8A-4056-9F0C-FC229B63869D.png

6E0BCE9D-FF7C-4357-9129-C7BE62961186.png

Perrier water is 8 or 12 or 16 oz?  I am thinking of exchanging all 20 items for 20 bottles of Perrier water or San Pellegrino (preferred choice) water on my upcoming Discovery Princess cruise (in about 2 weeks).   Thank you.

53 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Perrier water is 8 or 12 or 16 oz?  I am thinking of exchanging all 20 items for 20 bottles of Perrier water or San Pellegrino (preferred choice) water on my upcoming Discovery Princess cruise (in about 2 weeks).   Thank you.

Perrier is 11.15 ounces

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

We will swap out for a bottle of wine, as long as they let us choose the type and pay any difference in cost.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. Hate the cheap Chardonnay they have.

Edited by mina

Last week on the Grand, I exchanged everything out with Room Service.  I know they are swamped so always let them know that I don't need the items on embarkation day.

Perrier is the small bottles.  San Pellegrino is even smaller.  I could not get all San Pellegrino so they mixed my replacement with both.  In the MDR with a beverage package, I did get the larger bottle of Perrier.

15 hours ago, chicopaige said:

This week on the Royal room service told me they no longer handled it and to let me room steward know and he would make the change.  One more thing for them to do!

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

34 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Won't be an issue...unless they're out. You never know with the crazy supply chain issues.

21 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Perrier is the small bottles.  San Pellegrino is even smaller.  I could not get all San Pellegrino so they mixed my replacement with both.  In the MDR with a beverage package, I did get the larger bottle of Perrier.

Do you remember the total oz of the San Pellegrino?  I was told Perrier is 11.15 oz.   Thanks.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:09 AM, geoherb said:

In August, I called room service to let them know what I wanted delivered. They did not have the minibar already in my cabin the first day due to the number of Elites on that cruise (more than 800). The next day, a room service steward tried to bring me the regular assortment and not what I wanted. She made a note of my request and came back around an hour later with what I wanted. Then a second room service steward tried to bring more beers. I told him the other room service steward had already delivered them.

Gee.. I think I would have thanked him and handed over a nice tip.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:09 AM, geoherb said:

Thank you for your honesty!!!

I had extra sodas in suite/elite last cruise

.-

told cabin steward and just set them aside.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1