Check in process questions

RELS

In a few weeks we'll be checking in for our cruise on the Splendor. Now that a lot of check in is done online, I'd like to know what files I'll need to upload during the process. I'd like to have all my files ready to go in the proper formats and sizes. Also, since I'll be checking my mother in as well as myself (separate suites), I want to make sure to have her files ready to go, too.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I received this email on October 8 for my online check-in that opened on October 13. I had already done as much pre-registration as was allowed, so the last bit was quite painless. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your cruise!

Online Check-In for your upcoming Regent Seven Seas Cruises® voyage will open soon. 

All guests are required to complete the Online Check-In process, which is available beginning at 21 days prior to sailing and must be completed no later than four (4) days prior to sailing.

Completing this process is simple and takes only a few minutes. To complete the Online Check-In, please visit RSSC.com/MyAccount, access your reservation and click the "Online Check-In" link. 

Online Check-In Requirements Checklist:

• Ship, sailing date, and booking number
  • Passport, valid for at least 6 months after the final day of travel
  • Emergency Contact Information including name(s), email(s), address(es) and phone number(s) of your designated emergency contact(s)
  • A valid credit card to register for onboard purchases
  • A camera-enabled mobile device

Once you have completed Online Check-In, you will receive a Boarding Pass which you may choose to print and bring with you or save to a mobile device.

You must present an electronic or printed copy of the Boarding Pass when you arrive at the Cruise Terminal to embark the ship.

We're Here to Help
We’ve prepared a quick and informative step-by-step guide, which can be found here, to familiarize yourself with this new process. Should you have any questions about the Online Check-In process, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent using the numbers below.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• Like 4

Just did the process today for Splendor.  I found it easiest to do using a cell phone or ipad with a camera.  Saves the issue of uploading.

1) Log on to your account and select the cruise from the managed booking list

2) Click to on line check in the last item of the list of action items

3)  Select first person on the cruise

4) Take photo -- a head shot with your face and shoulders worked best.  Use plain background -- glasses are OK except no sunglasses.  Preview the photo, if you not like it, clear it and do it again, like it hit SAVE and it will go to the next prompt.

In case you want to use a photo you already have -- use the upload button instead and then SAVE,

5) Watch safety video,  then click the acknowledgement -- then SAVE

6) Credit card data --  enter this.  SAVE

7) Email for the board pass -- SAVE/SEND

Repeat for second person -- but you will only need to do the photo and email.

Boarding pass will take all of 5 minutes to arrive (web site says within 24 hours).

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link above to the step-by-step process. Answered many questions, but can anyone clarify a sentence within The Health & Safety Attestation that says (besides vaccination requirements) you must also agree to receive a Covid test with a negative result which is administered and paid for by the cruise line before embarkation. 

When/where does this test happen? 

On 10/19/2022 at 5:04 PM, Mjflowers said:

If not. Regent will photo you at embarkation.

They will also give you the opportunity to have a new photo taken inncase you do not like the one you submitted.

• Like 2

Worldtraveler4727:  

Most-recent experience observing (but with no need to participate) was October 3rd at the L.A. Pier prior to embarking on

Mariner.  There were tables set up in the Check-in tent (don't even get me started on what a MESS that was) specifically for the purpose of administering such a test.  

Actually, during the 1.5 HOURS we waited--along with about 250 others--to complete that check-in debacle (process), cannot recall seeing any prospective passengers making a visit to those tables.  But, there they were.  

GOARMY!

19 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

Thanks for the link above to the step-by-step process. Answered many questions, but can anyone clarify a sentence within The Health & Safety Attestation that says (besides vaccination requirements) you must also agree to receive a Covid test with a negative result which is administered and paid for by the cruise line before embarkation. 

When/where does this test happen? 

According to the website no proof of negative Covid test is required if fully vaccinated unless local regulations require it.    If you are vaccinated you shouldn't be tested at the pier.  So it depends on local regulations at the boarding port. 

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

What are Regent's check in requirements for B2B cruises?  Are we required to check in for each segment or just the first segment?

Testing will be according to local regulations.  So it all depends on where each segment of the cruise begins.  When we did b2b in May/June, we were still required to show a negative test prior to boarding.  Since the second segment was headed to Canada from NYC, we had to also test on board due to CANADIAN regulations.  It was very easy.  The simply had us come down to medical (actually outside medical) during certain hours for the test.  But all the regulations have changed.  So if you're vaccinated it's unlikely you'll have to test, local regulations dependent.  But it's very unlikely you'll have to test for the second segment.  If you do, the ship will have it all set up for you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Worldtraveler4727:  

Most-recent experience observing (but with no need to participate) was October 3rd at the L.A. Pier prior to embarking on

Mariner.  There were tables set up in the Check-in tent (don't even get me started on what a MESS that was) specifically for the purpose of administering such a test.  

Actually, during the 1.5 HOURS we waited--along with about 250 others--to complete that check-in debacle (process), cannot recall seeing any prospective passengers making a visit to those tables.  But, there they were.  

GOARMY!

Thanks, GOARMY. We are fully vaccinated so hopefully that is all we will need. 🤞🏻

14 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

According to the website no proof of negative Covid test is required if fully vaccinated unless local regulations require it.    If you are vaccinated you shouldn't be tested at the pier.  So it depends on local regulations at the boarding port. 

Thanks papafalmingo. We sail out of Miami in January. We are fully vaccinated, so I will be patient and wait to see what the January requirements might be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Testing will be according to local regulations.

Perhaps I didn't state my question clearly.  I was referring to pre-cruise check in only...not COVID testing requirements.

We're currently crossing the Atlantic on a B2B2B on Celebrity Edge and we needed to check in to each segment separately pre-cruise.  Would the same be required by Regent?

3 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Perhaps I didn't state my question clearly.  I was referring to pre-cruise check in only...not COVID testing requirements.

We're currently crossing the Atlantic on a B2B2B on Celebrity Edge and we needed to check in to each segment separately pre-cruise.  Would the same be required by Regent?

No. The most you’ll have to do is go to reception to get an updated key card showing the new disembarkation date. also any unused credit you have from the first segment will be carried over to the second segment.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DaveFr said:

No. The most you’ll have to do is go to reception to get an updated key card showing the new disembarkation date. also any unused credit you have from the first segment will be carried over to the second segment.

Dave

Excellent!  Thank you, @DaveFr.

Ahh... sorry misunderstood.  Yeah..as DaveFR stated, at most you'll have to get your key card updated.  When we did ours, I was able to get it updated fairly early, before the actual arrival/departure port for the second segment.  If you look at your key card, look at the dates. If the date on it goes until the end of the second cruise the, theoretically. you're good all the way through.  If not, you'll need to visit guest services. Do it a day or so prior to the end of the first segment so you can avoid the hassle of turn around day.

Edited by papaflamingo

12 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Ahh... sorry misunderstood.  Yeah..as DaveFR stated, at most you'll have to get your key card updated.  When we did ours, I was able to get it updated fairly early, before the actual arrival/departure port for the second segment.  If you look at your key card, look at the dates. If the date on it goes until the end of the second cruise the, theoretically. you're good all the way through.  If not, you'll need to visit guest services. Do it a day or so prior to the end of the first segment so you can avoid the hassle of turn around day.

On our recent B2B on Splendor, our key card continued to work on our second cruise, with out any changes. We did however, ask for a new one since we reached Gold status a few days into our second cruise, and hadn't heard anything about it. When we finally decided to ask about it, we actually received pushback from reception, saying that we were wrong and had not reached that level. We had to show that the Regent website showed the correct number of nights sailed and that we were gold status for a number of days. Reception still needed to check with the general manager before they got back to us. We asked about our onboard credit that came with it. She had to check again, and we received it. We donated to the crew welfare fund since we still had credit from our cancelled shore excursions and were getting close to the end of the cruise.

Destination  Services and Reception had a number of under performers on our B2B cruises. They were the low point of our cruise. Otherwise, we were very satisfied.

• Like 1

Hi SWAFLAOK - That's a little discouraging to hear this.  😲  We will also be "turning Gold" during one of our '23 cruises, and I certainly don't look forward to getting into a "thing" with the staff at reception....or anywhere else on the ship! That's one of the "things" that we trust Regent to completely, exactly, and correctly "get right", without really even having to bring it to their attention.  Best Regards.