New Specialty Dining Reservation Time

Roccaforte

I just got an email from Regent.  “From 10/21/22 specialty restaurants may be reserved from 8:00PM EDT when your cruise enters the timeframe for concierge suites - 90 days ahead”.  Is this new?  I thought 12:01AM was the first available time to make reservations.  So does this mean no longer waiting up til midnight?  I can just sign on at 8:00PM.    I’m not too worried about getting the times we want except that we like to dine fairly early.  If all else fails there’s always Compass Rose.

4 minutes ago, claranda said:

When you work it out, I’d be really grateful if someone could tell me the time at which I can book speciality restaurants from  the UK for a Penthouse Suite. EDT…. ☹️

Hi, also in the UK and recently did our reservations for our cruise. 

Just did them when we woke up, so about 8am Uk time (03.00 EDT) and as far as I could see, all times were available in both the restaurants. 

We are in a penthouse, so hope this reassures you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, claranda said:

When you work it out, I’d be really grateful if someone could tell me the time at which I can book speciality restaurants from  the UK for a Penthouse Suite. EDT…. ☹️

Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator (timeanddate.com) 

works great especially for when you are on board in some strange time zone and for scheduling a covid test on those proctored tests

I also received the same email from Regent. The change of time is quote "to deliver the best possible service to our guests". 8pm EDT is 1am in the UK not convenient nor delivering the best possible service. Surely a time that was friendly across all time zones say 4pm EDT would be better.

What I hate most is the corporate speak of this being in my best interests when it is quite obviously not.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Another question about speciality restaurant reservations, am I able to make reservations for another couple with their reservation number when I am making the restaurant reservations.

Also the email from Regent just caused confusion. I am going to call them this morning.

2 hours ago, Nops said:

. Surely a time that was friendly across all time zones say 4pm EDT would be better.

There is no time "friendly across all time zones". 4pm EDT is 1pm PDT and in the middle of someone's work day.  In fact 4pm EDT is the time most people are winding up work and getting ready to head home.  As that "great philosopher," Jimmy Buffett said "It's five o'clock somewhere." 😎.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSU said:

Another question about speciality restaurant reservations, am I able to make reservations for another couple with their reservation number when I am making the restaurant reservations.

This thread will help you on that question

• Like 1

We received the email as booking for our restaurant reservations opens on Oct 31. I took the email to say that instead of 12:01 am on Oct 31 (which is 9:01pm Oct 30 for us on the west coast), i now wait until 5 pm on Oct 31 to make our reservations. Not an improvement for us but no big deal either way as i am retired so doesn't interfere with my work day. 

Just got this email since excursion rsvp date coming up. However, I’m not sure if it’s now 4 hours earlier than the old midnight time or 18 hours later than the old midnight time.  I think it’s a great change but need clarification.  I’m thinking it’s 18 hours later scenario. 

11 hours ago, Nops said:

8pm EDT is 1am in the UK not convenient nor delivering the best possible service. Surely a time that was friendly across all time zones say 4pm EDT would be better.

I agree.

I am surprised that Regent could not have chosen a time that was equally convenient (or inconvenient) for all their main customer bases - North America, Europe and Australia …………….. then we could all have scrabbled around to crash the website together  🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, PSU said:

Also the email from Regent just caused confusion. I am going to call them this morning.

From my recent experience, no problem at all if the other couple are eligible to make reservations on their own.

We am Silver level. My mother is a new Regent cruiser. I had to wait to add her to our reservations until she was eligible to make her own reservations. When she became eligible, I had to cancel our reservations for 2 and create new reservations for 3. I was able to keep the same time/day for two of the restaurants. To get our desired time, I had to move one of the reservations to another day.

I had a reminder in my calendar for 2pm (Brisbane) on Sunday 23rd Oct, which is midnight EDT on the 23rd. Now having received this email, if I am right, I now have to wait until 10am (Brisbane) on Monday 24th Oct, which is 8pm EDT on 23rd. Was hoping to get this done Sunday now have to wait 😒. Looking on the bright side at least we are going cruising again. Roll on Jan 21st!!!

Getting ready to book special dining times on Voyager for March 15-April 05 cruise tonight at 8:00pm.

Does anyone know what the usual starting time for the production shows/entertainers a

Is it one show per night or two shows per night?

For some reason I think it was around 9:30pm but not sure.

Have made my reservations this morning, some times were restricted but hey ho all done.

A separate question, we are newcomers to RSSC doing additional reservations at the speciality restaurants become available during the cruise?

Just now, Nops said:

A separate question, we are newcomers to RSSC doing additional reservations at the speciality restaurants become available during the cruise?

Generally.  If you have a Butler then he or she can do it for you.  Or go to the restaurant you're interested in and see what's available.  Sometimes you can simply walk up and they'll have a free table.  

As long as you don’t mind eating late,  you can almost always slide into the speciality restaurants, by showing up and asking at the stand.  You may need to go get a drink, but that works for us!   If you really want to ensure a time,  the restaurant speciality desk (they have all the menus there also),  will check and give you options earlier in the day, also.  

On 10/20/2022 at 1:39 PM, papaflamingo said:

There is no time "friendly across all time zones". 4pm EDT is 1pm PDT and in the middle of someone's work day.  In fact 4pm EDT is the time most people are winding up work and getting ready to head home.  As that "great philosopher," Jimmy Buffett said "It's five o'clock somewhere." 😎.  

Come on!. Waited up until 1am last night to book excursions.Exhausting and time consuming.Bed at nearly 2 am and up for work at 6am. How is this fair on a week day.We will have the same for restaurant reservations no doubt!

4 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Come on!. Waited up until 1am last night to book excursions.Exhausting and time consuming.Bed at nearly 2 am and up for work at 6am. How is this fair on a week day.We will have the same for restaurant reservations no doubt!

Yup... have done that many times (I live in Eastern time). But just remember, someone will have to do it.  As that great philosopher, Jimmy Buffett said: 

15f321819d3d17c2d37f67ac36406239.jpg