Is the first night prime rib being replaced by “Manhattan Beef Steak”?

NutsAboutGolf

1 hour ago, lostchild said:

I am almost certain that it will be a small piece of NY steak as Manhattan is a small piece of NY LOL.   IMO, NY steak is already kind of small comparing to ribeye or T-bone.  I would rather have the Prime Rib than a full size NY steak.

Prime rib, nothing more than standing rib roast, give me a separately cooked strip steak all day long..

• Like 1

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

Prime rib, nothing more than standing rib roast, give me a separately cooked strip steak all day long..

The NY Sirloin, which is thing along with the prime rib, is on the timeless classics meaning it can be ordered any night.  Until recently you could order a 4oz filet off the kids menu.

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

This is on the Solstice next month.  While I understand menus can change as we get closer but it does seem already fully populated with lobster and Wellington.  I’ve been on X 78 nights since the restart and have never seen Manhattan Beef Steak and I haven’t seen them not offer prime rib on the first night either.

What is it you ask?

Not sure how X will do theirs but it’s generally a slice a bread on the bottom, beef in the middle, mashed potatoes on top of the beef and finally gravy over everything

8BEC16AB-E2C8-45A2-8425-4137D4152C22.thumb.jpeg.20bcc8a14bd166200543f44d320ae992.jpeg

For not being sure how Celebrity will do it you certainly started a tempest in a teapot……..

• Like 1

A Manhattan “Beefsteak” isn’t a cut of meat, it’s an event.  The Beefsteaks I’ve attended were always the same… oven roasted filet mignon, sliced, dipped in butter and served on toast points.  They’ve always been all-you-can-eat events, and the steak with the butter and the toast is delicious.  The servings are small… two bites or so but one would take 3-4 of the servings onto one’s plate.

A former employer of mine was very good friends with my parents… he belonged to a private club and the club would do a “Beefsteak” every so often.  I’ve been to several there and at other venues.

Edited by DenGNNJ

6 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

A Manhattan “Beefsteak” isn’t a cut of meat, it’s an event.  The Beefsteaks I’ve attended were always the same… oven roasted filet mignon, sliced, dipped in butter and served on toast.  They’ve always been all-you-can-eat events, and the steak with the butter and the toast is delicious.

A former employer of mine was very good friends with my parents… he belonged to a private club and the club would do a “Beefsteak” every so often.  I’ve been to several there and at other venues.

I'm pretty sure Celebrity isn't hosting your version of a "Beefsteak" on night one in the Main Dining Room. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

I'm pretty sure Celebrity isn't hosting your version of a "Beefsteak" on night one in the Main Dining Room. 

I’m pretty sure of that too.  But no one seemed to know what that was.

I haven’t seen one advertised or been to one in like 30 years… no longer popular I suppose.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

A Manhattan “Beefsteak” isn’t a cut of meat, it’s an event.  The Beefsteaks I’ve attended were always the same… oven roasted filet mignon, sliced, dipped in butter and served on toast points.  They’ve always been all-you-can-eat events, and the steak with the butter and the toast is delicious.  The servings are small… two bites or so but one would take 3-4 of the servings onto one’s plate.

Ah, yes, I've been to a couple of these. As I recall, they were fundraising events by local community organizations or catholic schools. Cardiologists were not permitted to attend 😂

13 hours ago, retird said:

This sounds like an open face hot beef sandwich you would get at a family restaurant or at home made using leftover beef from a previous night roast beef dinner. Not what I would expect in a cruise main dining room for dinner. For lunch yes

Had leftover roast beef..open face on bread for lunch yesterday..  

Hoping for the real deal on BEYOND..If not served in Luminae we would try to go to an mdr on Prime Rib Night.  Hope someone in our roll call can check menus

We enjoy mostly fish and  salads on cruises but look forward  to a nice Prine Rib dinner..

23 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Ah, yes, I've been to a couple of these. As I recall, they were fundraising events by local community organizations or catholic schools. Cardiologists were not permitted to attend 😂

Exactly! Here's a Wiki about them 

... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beefsteak_(banquet)

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 1

On Summit in June 10 nights.  Food was very good including prime rib roast on 2 nights. Lobster and beef Wellington were served on the next to last night.  No complaints about food.  We also lucked out getting a table for 2 every night. Same waiter staff made it easy. We were in Select dining and reserved dining times before boarding.  It was a pleasure.

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Hmm.. don't remember prime rib or the Manhattan, either one, being first night MDR options on last cruises.  Looks more like this at present for one upcoming soon.  And the phyllo wrapped pulled lamb is amazing.

2108672813_1stNightEntrees.jpg.553b6237322877b10466dead3befa26e.jpg

I had the Phyllis wrapped lamb in August.   Normally a dish I love.  The lamb tasted actually spoiled.  It was greasy and . . . 

Nicest thing I can saw was they took it away.  Others in our group made similar comments.

Hopefully just a bad night.

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I had the Phyllis wrapped lamb in August.   Normally a dish I love.  The lamb tasted actually spoiled.  It was greasy and . . . 

Nicest thing I can saw was they took it away.  Others in our group made similar comments.

Must have been.  Had it twice on our B2B and it was fantastic both times.

14 hours ago, horseymike said:

Just looked at the mdr menu on the x app for our upcoming cruise , they eliminated prime rib on the first night , replaced it with a sirloin steak, good luck chewing that. 
later on in the cruise the beef Wellington is being prepared with strip loin instead of traditional tenderloin. Good luck chewing that too. Very disappointing. Been looking forward to this cruise for almost a year. X always had great food……in the past.

We were on the Solstice Sept 24 cruise.   We had Prime Rib the first night.   It was good.  Not great.  I enjoyed it.

I ordered the Beef Wellington with a side lobster tail.   Both were awful.   The beef was tough and flavorless.   I could tell right away it was not tenderloin.  I had no idea they changed it to strip loin. Makes sense.  The lobster tail was tough, rubbery, and overcooked.   

We have always found the food on Celebrity ships very good most of the time.

Food and tastes are very subjective---- 

( If I can't pronounce it---- forget it )

However----- Everybody loves a hot smoked meat sandwich, large fries (poutine optional), a couple of dill pickles, 2 diet cokes and a May West for dessert.

• Like 1

Aged Prime Rib of Beef is listed on Silhouette’s November 3 day one menu.

Lobster is not listed for any night.  

Does anyone know which night of a 4 day cruise is Chic night?

Thanks

Edited by jagoffee

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

One of the best  dishes we have had on X.

Had it one night when we  were tired of BLU and were able to visit the mdr,

What a great surprise it was,  hope this was just a one off.

• Like 1