(Uncle) Les - wishing you a speedy return to good health

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

Hi, will be brief, had a traumatic few days in hospital. So told today I have cancer in a few parts of my body, without being specific. That is in addition to my kidney issues. I start treatment tomorrow, I wont go into that.

So I have a rough road ahead. Thanks for the support my friends. 

This situation requires a card

Screenshot_20221208_014221_Opera.jpg.1137474f80c4b1f728101b6f9da1ff06.jpg

If only you could give one to the universe to make it leave you alone😔. In the meantime let the love and support of family and friends carry you. You will never be a burden to them so don't ever feel guilty for leaning on them.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Hi, will be brief, had a traumatic few days in hospital. So told today I have cancer in a few parts of my body, without being specific. That is in addition to my kidney issues. I start treatment tomorrow, I wont go into that.

So I have a rough road ahead. Thanks for the support my friends. 

It's a hard road Uncle Les and I don't envy you at all. I like many others here have had our run-ins with the B@stard disease and I send you every wish for successful treatment. Hugs to you and for those who will support you.

• Like 4

So sorry to hear of your health issues Uncle Les.  Thinking of you and sending you strength, resilience and most of all, a very big sense of humour.  From previous experience ... if you can laugh at "it" it won't seem so frightening or challenging.

Good luck.

Edited by LC1950
  • Like 3

Thinking of you Les.  Best wishes mate - we’re hoping you are on the mend soon, we can catch up again soon.

please keep us all updated when you can, and keep posting on here as many of us look forward to your input!

cheers 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On our way to Batehaven for the day, so thinking of you, Les.  Really hope your treatment is not too arduous and you’re coping okay.  Understand perfectly if you’re not up to it, and you may even be in Moruya atm, but signal on here if you want a catch-up.  

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, Mareblu said:

On our way to Batehaven for the day, so thinking of you, Les.  Really hope your treatment is not too arduous and you’re coping okay.  Understand perfectly if you’re not up to it, and you may even be in Moruya atm, but signal on here if you want a catch-up.  

Thanks Linda, keeping a low profile, not real well, getting fed of up of doctors and injections, Urologists, Oncologists, PET scans etc. I was at Moruya today for a jab in the stomach (Leuprorelin) thank God for my newly issued Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, the full cost was $908.  Have a good Christmas and to all others on here.❤️🎅

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Linda, keeping a low profile, not real well, getting fed of up of doctors and injections, Urologists, Oncologists, PET scans etc. I was at Moruya today for a jab in the stomach (Leuprorelin) thank God for my newly issued Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, the full cost was $908.  Have a good Christmas and to all others on here.❤️🎅

It sometimes seems you are on a rollercoaster and can't get off with treatment. It seems to take on a life of its own and really the best any one can do it go with the flow.

Hope you have a 'good as can be expected*' Christmas and can look forward to better days in 2023. 🎄 All the best J

* actually better than expected is the wish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

A low profile with lots of rest is just what you need, Les.  Always follow your instincts, and do exactly what makes you feel that little bit better.  I can well understand you're well over all the medical attention, but I truly believe the strength we've all sensed in you will carry you through.  I'm thrilled you finally have your newly issued CSHC, and just in the nick of time.  We both send wishes for a really enjoyable Christmas with your family, and every healing, positive wish we can muster.  Take care Les, and be gentle on yourself 🌲🍕🍍

• Like 9

Hi Les, trust you are doing OK mate. Just a quick note wishing you & your family all the best for the Festive Season from Tracey & me.

Hope to catch up with you maybe in February.

Take care mate - we, along with all your friends here on the Aus/NZ board of CC, are thinking of you. 

Cheers

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

A check in to say hope you are travelling OK (pardon the pun) Uncle Les. Not sure if treatment was kept up over the Christmas break - a bit of a two -edged sword as if it was, you can feel pretty ordinary but if they gave you a rest, whilst you might feel a bit better, it prolongs the course of treatment. 

Hope you are managing OK and family and friends can rally round for you.

All the best

J

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks, I am very tired with the treatment and medications. I sleep most of the day, little energy.

I will go along with it all for now.

All you can do Uncle Les is fight the fight and know you’ve got mates in your corner.

• Like 8

On 1/10/2023 at 7:36 PM, NSWP said:

Thanks, I am very tired with the treatment and medications. I sleep most of the day, little energy.

I will go along with it all for now.

Sorry to hear your news.  Going along with it is really all you can do.  It is no wonder you are exhausted.  I was astounded by the number of med appointments and different docs and services that get involved - treatment is a full time job!  Wishing you all the best to get through this intense period and to improved health quickly.  Over time the side effects change and hopefully eventually lessen.   

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

I see quite a few posts in different threads here, so hope you are managing treatment OK and not feeling too dreadful all the time. Take care.

Thanks for the best wishes. I am battling along, tired and lost weight but not resorted to slurping the bottle of morphine yet.😬

• Like 11