Arvia balcony furniture

Handbagsandgladrags

• Host Sharon changed the title to Arvia balcony furniture
7 hours ago, Handbagsandgladrags said:

Wondering if any of the balcony cabins or suites on the Arvia have sun loungers. Or am I just expecting the impossible. My first cruise with P&O had a balcony with only two small chairs.

I don’t know the answer to your question I’m afraid but I just wanted to say that I love your username! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not so much room on standard balconies.  This was a deck 5 balcony, but deck 10 was the same. 

Not the best photo, however the chair is almost touching the patio door, just out of shot.

If you want sun loungers, I think you need to be looking at a full suite for those. (someone may confirm)

IMG_0678.JPEG

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I don’t know the answer to your question I’m afraid but I just wanted to say that I love your username! 😁

Check out the thread about crossing the Atlantic ,advice been given by Francis Drake 😇

8 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Not so much room on standard balconies.  This was a deck 5 balcony, but deck 10 was the same. 

Not the best photo, however the chair is almost touching the patio door, just out of shot.

If you want sun loungers, I think you need to be looking at a full suite for those. (someone may confirm)

IMG_0678.JPEG

Looks very cramped I guess P&O don’t want you sitting on your balcony when you could be sitting on deck and potentially spending money.

25 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Looks very cramped I guess P&O don’t want you sitting on your balcony when you could be sitting on deck and potentially spending money.

We had a deck 10 balcony. It was quite big. The deck 5 balcony cabins look like a hole cut in the side of the ship, or is that me being pedantic.

34 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had a deck 10 balcony. It was quite big. The deck 5 balcony cabins look like a hole cut in the side of the ship, or is that me being pedantic.

Not pedantic at all, the deck 5 balconies are shown on the deck plans as smaller than those on the higher decks. Certainly our deck 15 balcony was an adequate size, from memory I think it was deeper than the standard balcony cabins on Azura and Ventura.

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

I'll take a picture of a deck 10 balcony next month, back on Iona again.

If the deck plans are accurate,  then it appears that the hump balconies are narrower than the inset ones, on all the decks from 9 upwards. Which since many of the hump cabins are de-luxe ones, does seem rather strange.

We've booked one of the forward facing corner suites and a couple of videos I've found of the Iona show a solitary sunlounger (yup - just the one!) as well as some more relaxing chairs and a set of standard chairs and a table.  In fairness, the forward facing balconies aren't particularly deep, so it would be difficult to have another sunlounger.  The aft suites look like they have a couple of proper sunloungers. 

You Tube shows even the deluxe balcony cabins at the aft, with their enormous balconies, only having regular table and chairs.

16 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Been on Iona three times in a standard balcony. A useful space for sitting with my kindle and a drink. If you  want bigger, you pay for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Balcony accommodations can vary from one cruise ship to another, and it's not uncommon to have different setups. While some balconies may feature sun loungers, others might have smaller seating arrangements like the two small chairs you mentioned from your previous cruise.Additionally, for general tips on outdoor furniture and how it can enhance your balcony experience, you can see here. While their focus is primarily on outdoor spaces, you might find some valuable insights that can help you prepare for your cruise.I hope this helps you in planning your first cruise with P&O and ensures you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience on the Arvia.

Edited by Jantaray

On 10/24/2022 at 6:24 PM, Snow Hill said:

The balcony we had on our last TA on Arvia was more than adequate for our needs.

On 10/26/2022 at 4:25 PM, bbtablet said:

Of course, you could always try pinching a sun-lounger from poolside and carrying it down to your cabin - good luck with that!

That’s exactly what I did on another cruise line where I had a very large aft balcony but was only equipped with chairs and a side table.

• Haha 1