Exciting news.

upwarduk

On 10/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, mtempelaar said:

My guess is the Andy Cohen special airing on Bravo on 11/1 at 10pm.   All captains from the “Below Deck” show are on Beyond right now with Captain Kate and they will all be filming and possibly broadcasting show live.  Captain Kate will be part of that show.

if you follow Captain Kate on TikTok there’s a rather humourous ad for it where all the captains are on the bridge at once.

I think that's a good guess, although apparently times are different based on where you live.  In my area the Below Deck program on Bravo at that time is a repeat.  The first new show appears to be very early in the morning the next day I think it is, at 2:30 am!  Needless to say I am recording it.

22 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If they follow the trend, there will be more restrictions to using benefits.  Just got had on another line.  I was denied some of the loyalty benefits because I booked with a travel agent instead of direct.  Travel agent gave me a nice discount.  

I have never heard of any loyalty benefits being denied because of not booking directly with Celebrity.  Could you please give us some specifics?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think that's a good guess, although apparently times are different based on where you live.  In my area the Below Deck program on Bravo at that time is a repeat.  The first new show appears to be very early in the morning the next day I think it is, at 2:30 am!  Needless to say I am recording it.

Maybe the program guide is out of date?   Took a screenshot of the tiktok.   

AC19401F-15B7-42F2-B90F-C998504A6787.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If they follow the trend, there will be more restrictions to using benefits.  Just got had on another line.  I was denied some of the loyalty benefits because I booked with a travel agent instead of direct.  Travel agent gave me a nice discount.  

Obviously it was not Celebrity, because you said it was another line.

What cruise line and which Loyalty benefit was denied, just because you used a TA instead of booking direct?

we don’t have to worry about it with Celebrity.  Was it Crystal?  I am just guessing, because if a cruise line was doing this, I would think they would soon be out of business.  Never a good idea to undercut the Travel Agents.

“For the first time, a ship from Celebrity Cruises’ Edge series will homeport in Southampton. Celebrity Apex – the second in the pioneering class – will sail from the southern England port for its entire 2024 season, replacing Celebrity Silhouette.”

Not the news that I was hoping for, that Apex will be replacing Silhouette.😱

So far,  we have avoided Edge class, because of the Infinite balconies. 
I must get my skates on and book 2023 on Silhouette.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

“For the first time, a ship from Celebrity Cruises’ Edge series will homeport in Southampton. Celebrity Apex – the second in the pioneering class – will sail from the southern England port for its entire 2024 season, replacing Celebrity Silhouette.”

Not the news that I was hoping for, that Apex will be replacing Silhouette.😱

So far,  we have avoided Edge class, because of the Infinite balconies. 
I must get my skates on and book 2023 on Silhouette.

Yes, received the same and our thoughts are also similar regarding Edge class.

• Like 3

We sailed on Apex & got off on Saturday. A lovely ship but we were in retreat. We are on Silhouette in May in Aqua. As I said elsewhere,  If Apex is to be regular for Southampton we will try SV or stick to suites. Or try another line. We viewed an IV as I was interested to see if I’d like it. I didn’t. A shame as I’d cruise more often. 

Of most people I spoke to the IV were marmite! 

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Yes, received the same and our thoughts are also similar regarding Edge class.

I am not excited by the news. I am disappointed too. It would be great if Celebrity sailed an S Class from Southampton as well as the E Class, that would suit us all.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 8:33 AM, upwarduk said:

Anyone care to speculate what the wonderful news is on the horizon? 
I’ll start, 

That IT will sort out their online adverts and that they can be relied on to be accurate. 🙏

66924502-470A-4A92-806C-0588CA3990A3.thumb.jpeg.c94200bfbf160e87afce044d17f7497e.jpeg

OT..... are these robes lightweight?

On 10/30/2022 at 12:57 PM, mtempelaar said:

Maybe the program guide is out of date?   Took a screenshot of the tiktok.   

AC19401F-15B7-42F2-B90F-C998504A6787.jpeg

I thought it was a waste of my time. The commercial for the Beyond was better than the show. I  think it marginalized Captain Kate .

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, jagoffee said:

Obviously it was not Celebrity, because you said it was another line.

What cruise line and which Loyalty benefit was denied, just because you used a TA instead of booking direct?

we don’t have to worry about it with Celebrity.  Was it Crystal?  I am just guessing, because if a cruise line was doing this, I would think they would soon be out of business.  Never a good idea to undercut the Travel Agents.

Windstar.   Before pandemic, Windstar didn’t have a tiered loyalty program.  Past cruisers got 5-10% off future bookings.  10% if you book onboard or within 60 days after a cruise.  During pandemic, they announced a 4 tiered program.  Sounded good.  We looked forward to some extra freebies.  We did get some discounts on laundry and logo clothing. Nice, but worth less than $20. However we were told that we weren’t eligible for the 5% loyalty discount or OBC.  Why?  If you book with a travel agency who offers discounted fares, loyalty benefits are reduced.  Never had that happen on any other cruise line.  As elite plus, I usually book with a TA.  Celebrity never shorted the listed benefits.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sunonfire said:

I thought it was a waste of my time. The commercial for the Beyond was better than the show. I  think it marginalized Captain Kate .

My only question about the show is where did they find the comfortable blue chairs for the Captains to sit in.   They certainly looked like they exceeded the comfort level of any Eden chairs I've sat in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sunonfire said:

I totally agree.  Honestly the 30 second TikToks were more worthwhile than the show.  Disappointing.

On 10/30/2022 at 12:01 PM, GreenFamily said:

How do you know when the new summer 2024 itineraries will be posted? Do you have to check their website every day? Do loyal customers get advance notice and opportunities to book early? 

Celebrity doesn't offer it.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, mayleeman said:

The spelling of "WonderFULL" may be a clue.

And there is small "SM" after it meaning it is a service mark.   So it is a service they are providing that is related to "FULL".   I am thinking it is just the same "Everything is included" but given an unique name to represent the brand.   Also "Everything is included" is probably misleading as not really everything is included such as excursion and specialty dining, etc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...