Any changes to the 10+ night cruise Covid testing requirement?

Crown Vic

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -- Celebrity is a bit more restrictive.   Their policy IMHO is pretty stupid.   They do require testing from someone unvaxed but rely on people saying they are unvaxed and don't ask for proof of Vax.   Then on longer 10+ day you have to take a self test and take picture -- duh.. how hard would that be to fake since the home kits don't have a serial number.  

Lots of port exceptions including Cartagena, Labadee, Australia along with TP and TA cruises.

Agree the policy is pretty stupid.  Am aware of several who did proctored tests in a group and simply held up the same test stick.  We tested at home some months ago when we felt ill.  Set the test stick on a counter and forgot it.  It showed the negative bar on the strip 2 weeks later.

Allowing people to say they are vaxed without any proof.  Equally dumb.

For an 11 day cruise, I see the Cartagena stop still requires proof of negative test within 72 hours prior.  Does anyone know if this requires a Celebrity-assisted test (or if that is even available), or if we need to bring our own self test? 

19 minutes ago, schmenge said:

For an 11 day cruise, I see the Cartagena stop still requires proof of negative test within 72 hours prior.  Does anyone know if this requires a Celebrity-assisted test (or if that is even available), or if we need to bring our own self test? 

Only for UNVACCINATED passengers:

Cartagena, Columbia 

Vaccination 

While vaccinations are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises, they are highly recommended.  

COVID-19 booster shots are also not currently required but remain highly recommended.  

Testing 

To debark in Cartagena, unvaccinated guests ages 2 and older are required to provide proof of a negative PCR taken 72hrs prior to embarkation or antigen self-test taken 48hrs prior to embarkation 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -- Celebrity is a bit more restrictive.   Their policy IMHO is pretty stupid.   They do require testing from someone unvaxed but rely on people saying they are unvaxed and don't ask for proof of Vax.   Then on longer 10+ day you have to take a self test and take picture -- duh.. how hard would that be to fake since the home kits don't have a serial number.  

If you need a negative test results, there are a couple posted on the Royal Caribbean Forum 🙂 

• Haha 1

I was wondering if the restrictions for Europe were removed because they don’t have any cruises there until next spring, but then I looked at MSC’s website, as they have winter Europe cruises, and testing only appears to be required for unvaccinated pax.

I assume that this means if you are on a back-to-back and both of your cruises have none of the ports that require testing that you won’t have to test at the end of the first cruise?

Most of Europe is wide open, when I was going from Rome to UK in the summer Covid basically had been learnt to live with.

Hilarious thing was the day I flew from London to Toronto, no mask at hotel, in taxi, on train or the 4 hours at the airport but had to mask on the plane (Canadian regulation)

I think for the most part we've learnt to live with it

Edited by Lena11033

At a Glance

Beginning with departures on November 2, 2022:

All travelers, regardless of vaccination status, are welcome to cruise with us and will no longer be required to provide proof of pre-departure testing, except for specific sailings where vaccination or testing are required by law. Exceptions currently include:

Please visit our Country Travel Requirements for more information regarding your cruise vacation.

5 hours ago, songbird1329 said:

So, being vaxxed and boosted, I don’t have to test to go to Cartegena.  Good to know, as we will be on the December 12 Cruise on the Constellation.

You may still need to be tested. Check out the Celebrity website.

2 hours ago, capsplace said:
7 hours ago, songbird1329 said:

So, being vaxxed and boosted, I don’t have to test to go to Cartegena.  Good to know, as we will be on the December 12 Cruise on the Constellation.

Expand  

You may still need to be tested. Check out the Celebrity website.

Songbird is correct. As long as you are vaccinated you do not need to have a test to debark in Cartagena. 

For the Caribbean itineraries where testing is required (Grand Turk, Roatan, and Cartagena), it appears that unvaccinated who wish not to test can still cruise but cannot disembark at these ports.  Is that correct? 

If so, how is Celebrity verifying whether people are vaccinated or tested at disembarkation?  This doesn't apply to me, but I'm just curious as Royal Caribbean is seemingly not allowing unvaccinated who don't test to even sail on these itineraries.

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

Only for UNVACCINATED passengers:

Cartagena, Columbia 

Vaccination 

While vaccinations are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises, they are highly recommended.  

COVID-19 booster shots are also not currently required but remain highly recommended.  

Testing 

To debark in Cartagena, unvaccinated guests ages 2 and older are required to provide proof of a negative PCR taken 72hrs prior to embarkation or antigen self-test taken 48hrs prior to embarkation 

OK - If the cruiseline doesn't require proof of vaccination, how the heck do they know who is not vaccinated.   Seems an issue to me.

42 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

OK - If the cruiseline doesn't require proof of vaccination, how the heck do they know who is not vaccinated.   Seems an issue to me.

My guess is they ask for proof but don't require it. If you don't provide proof, you're treated as unvaccinated. Just a guess on my part though.