Princess is killing me

bluetardis

I called Princess today, needed to confirm that I can bring my 12 pack of soda on board. It is no longer allowed. They could not tell me when it changed, just that it did. I asked where it was on line and was told it was there. I could not find it. Has anyone seen this? Thanks

• Haha 1

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

This has been discussed many times prior on these boards.  
Bottles are banned.   It was a change in the passenger contract after the restart after covid.  

Read the passenger contract you agreed to as part of your booking.  Its all in there.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Bottles are banned.   It was a change in the passenger contract after the restart after covid.  

I frequent these boards and this is the first I am reading about this. Not everyone reads every thread every day.

• Like 6

Thank you for the information. I’m glad that I can bring aboard 1 12 pack of unopened soda.fyi I did search on Princesses website high and low for info and could not find it. As for it being here I was frustrated with Princess and did just come here and post my question. Shoot me and take away my membership if you must.

Edited by bluetardis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, bluetardis said:

Thank you for the information. I’m glad that I can bring aboard 1 12 pack of unopened soda.fyi I did search on Princesses website high and low for info and could not find it. As for it being here I was frustrated with Princess and did just come here and post my question. Shoot me and take away my membership if you must.

It makes it tricky that they allow one container type but not another. And you’re right about the website as they don’t exactly advertise that you can bring it, you have to dig through fine print.

Thanks for bringing this up! A lot of us like to do this so if the situation changed it’s good to know.  It’s unfortunate that people are so personally offended by having to read a post and feel obligated to respond instead of scrolling on. I kinda wonder if people would reply so snarky if you asked face to face. Just kidding! We both know they wouldn’t.

• Like 7

On board no. Carried on can sodas, no problem.

also, at both specialty restaurants I was asked if I wanted fountain or can soda.

it has always been fountain sodas they served me. 2 for $5.00 includes tax & service charge. ( no drink package)

4 hours ago, bluetardis said:

I called Princess today, needed to confirm that I can bring my 12 pack of soda on board. It is no longer allowed. They could not tell me when it changed, just that it did. I asked where it was on line and was told it was there. I could not find it. Has anyone seen this? Thanks

By Soda, do you mean soda water? Or soft drinks, like coke, fanta etc? 
In Australia if you asked for a Soda, you would get Soda Water like a mixer for your Scotch. Now you have me 😐 confused.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

By Soda, do you mean soda water? Or soft drinks, like coke, fanta etc? 
In Australia if you asked for a Soda, you would get Soda Water like a mixer for your Scotch. Now you have me 😐 confused.

In the US it kinds of depends on where you live. Soft drinks such as cola, lemon lime, etc. can be referred to as Soda, Pop, or even Coke as a general term for all soft drinks. Confusing to others for sure. If it has to do with language you can count on the USA to mangle it.

I love the example of the Purgatoire River. Folks in the US tend to call it the Purgatory River. Cowboys in the old west heard the word "purgatoire" and pronounced it as "picketwire". It annoys me that we have advertisements for things such as "Lite Beer", "Froot Loops", "Krispy Kreme", "Playskool", etc.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:33 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Read the passenger contract you agreed to as part of your booking.  Its all in there.  

So as is the norm, we click that we read the passenger contract and then try to contact Princess rep to ask the question.  READ THE CONTRACT you are agreeing with LOL  This is in jest - pet peeve read what is given to you 🙂

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

In the US it kinds of depends on where you live. Soft drinks such as cola, lemon lime, etc. can be referred to as Soda, Pop, or even Coke as a general term for all soft drinks.

All soft drinks were called tonic when I lived near Boston in the 1950s and 1960s.  I was too young to know if a vodka tonic was actually called that or something else.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:13 PM, bluetardis said:

And if you have a travel companion, 'they' can also bring a 12 pack of soda.  We did that recently for hubbies tea.  Even though I don't drink it, I brought him a 12 pack.  He didn't run out. 

18 hours ago, capriccio said:

All soft drinks were called tonic when I lived near Boston in the 1950s and 1960s.  I was too young to know if a vodka tonic was actually called that or something else.

Don't New Englanders call milkshakes "frappes"? 

And don't get started on the differences between sandwiches called submarines, hoagies, grinders,  wedges, heros, and Lord knows what else.

Edited by DCThunder
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2022 at 4:33 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

Interesting about banned bottles ..... Princess is offering BOTTLED water for purchase 

Stateroom Bottled Water Package$7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

For pre-purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer       

We always bought a case of water onboard our longer cruises , always checked it  in with our luggage , really disappointed (that if I want want bottled water) I have to pre pay for it , at a more expensive price.