Quick Question from an X newbie

WKUTopperFan

Frequent cruiser but sailing for the first time with Celebrity this Thanksgiving. Are their laundrettes aboard the Apex that have irons? I send most of my  clothes out to be pressed the first day. However, I iron my tee shirts and shorts myself in the laundrettes onboard on the line I usually sail to save some money.

Also, are you able to order two drinks at once with a drink package?Thanks in advance!

Edited by WKUTopperFan
Thought

No laundries or irons on Celebrity and irons and steamers are not permitted.  

Ordering 2 drinks at once depends on what you are ordering.  2 mixed drinks, wines, beers, no. A drink and bottle of water is ok.  If you are picking up a drink for a traveling companion you will need their sea pass in order to get it.

No onbard laundry facilities on any Celebrity ship and no irons you can borrow.  If you bring an iron on board it will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.  

One drink at a time, unless you are ordering say a gin & tonic and a bottle of water.  If you want to pifck up a drink  for you and your traveling companion you will need both cards.

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Ordering 2 drinks at once depends on what you are ordering.  2 mixed drinks, wines, beers, no. A drink and bottle of water is ok.  If you are picking up a drink for a traveling companion you will need their sea pass in order to get it.

Great minds - lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'll be bringing a bottle of wrinkle release for my tee shirts!

50 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Is there any line that allows you to order two liquor, wine or beer on one card?

I’ve had it at closing time on HAL where they would do last call and ask if you wanted 2 alcoholic drinks. Not sure if this was a one off or not. I’ve definitely been able to get 2 non alcoholic or 1 alcohol and 1 non alcohol regularly there. 

1 hour ago, zgscl said:

I’ve had it at closing time on HAL where they would do last call and ask if you wanted 2 alcoholic drinks. Not sure if this was a one off or not. I’ve definitely been able to get 2 non alcoholic or 1 alcohol and 1 non alcohol regularly there. 

My darling wife doesn’t drink alcohol at all so I can have 2 alcoholic drinks per bar visit all day!  Of course I don’t do that, but it’s possible in my circumstances.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

My darling wife doesn’t drink alcohol at all so I can have 2 alcoholic drinks per bar visit all day!  Of course I don’t do that, but it’s possible in my circumstances.

You actually can have 2 doubles.  Then immediately walk to the next bar after chugging those and order 2 more doubles.  Then repeat.  Think you would be on the floor before the computer system shut you down.

Remember- 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila floor.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Yes, as long as she has a beverage package and you show the seapass card. 

This past September on the Summit, no matter if we both used our Seapass cards or one of us to order our drinks (CBP) together or just gave our stateroom number, the drinks only showed (viewing on the stateroom TV) on my account. First time for that. 🍻

19 hours ago, WKUTopperFan said:

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'll be bringing a bottle of wrinkle release for my tee shirts!

An easy and effective substitute for wrinkly release spray is an empty spray bottle and dryer sheets. Roll a sheet around the syphon tube, add water, shake, then spray. It works like a charm. It's especially helpful if you are flying with carry-on only, as it's very light weight and does not count against your liquids allowance. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:12 PM, Jim_Iain said:

For pressing on the first night - It's is rather pricey and they charge a 50% premium for same day pressing

Lately on embarkation day they've been leaving a post card with pressing for $35 I think for 6 or 8 items.  That is a deal for those who want a lot of items pressed.