Upgrade (upsell) Fairy does exist!!

hapytobehr

After sailing on  Carnival for over 17 years, I received my first upsell/upgrade call yesterday.

We are sailing NYE on the Celebration and had an inside cabin (because it was really really cheap) and for $150 pp we were offered a balcony.  YAY!!

I immediately said yes and made my DH very happy!

28 more days....but who's counting??  

• Like 18

I got the call and missed it for our Mardi Gras sailing last month, heard it on voice mail two weeks after we got back. I never keep up with my voice mail and do not answer unknown numbers, I may need to change that.😁

I didn't get a call, but I noticed an upgrade offer available to me when I was reviewing some info for an upcoming cruise. $40 from the cheapest and smallest interior room on the ship that barely sleeps 2 (can't complain - it was a freebie where I was just paying the port fees and taxes to go solo anyway) to go to a much larger interior room on a more desirable deck in a much more desirable location. It pays to check to see if an upgrade button is available when looking at the Booking and Order Details page 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

It pays to check to see if an upgrade button is available when looking at the Booking and Order Details page 🙂

Yep, I keep checking our Booking and Order Details page as well as the To Do list in the planner, but nothing yet. Other posters on CC have seen their upsell off there as well. Been cruising since ‘95, and never once got a upsell call/email, etc. If we don’t get an offer, my feelings won’t be hurt. (I think 🙃 🙂 😂)  

Happy for all those who received an offer that was worth the money!  

On 11/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, hapytobehr said:

After sailing on  Carnival for over 17 years, I received my first upsell/upgrade call yesterday.

We are sailing NYE on the Celebration and had an inside cabin (because it was really really cheap) and for $150 pp we were offered a balcony.  YAY!!

I got the call on my last two cruises and got great offers that I could not resist. Last cruise I was finally going to try an interior cabin by the called and offered me upgrades for both for less than $100. I was like yes yes yes, I’ll take it. 

Congratulations! That’s a great deal! I have to say, for me, having only ever sailed in a cove balcony, I’ve gotten the “upgrade” fairy every single time and I have not taken the offer once because if I would have wanted a regular balcony I would have booked a regular balcony 😂. That’s not an upgrade for me. I love the cove. But that’s all I’m ever offered and my guess is because the cove balconies start selling out. 

I'm cruising on the Breeze in February and received the upgrade/upsell offer.  My friend and I booked in inside interior (box room) with the CHEERS rate code.  I wanted a balcony, she wanted the CHEERS rate code, so I said okay.  First we received an upsell to a balcony for $80, we took (got to keep the CHEERS rate code).  Win, win.. I get my balcony, she gets to keep CHEERS.  About 3 weeks, I received another upsell.  This time for $100 to go a spa balcony of course I took it. So now we have spa amenities with CHEERS..  I'm excited!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

we have never had an upgrade offer.  not so big for me, i'm fairly new to cruising.  but my wife is platinum and has sailed for decades.  

These are upsell offers where you can pay for a different stateroom.  It has to do with needing your assigned stateroom to be resold or to upsell you to a slow moving category. 

On 11/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, hapytobehr said:

That is awesome - we are on that cruise too and have a balcony - we were thinking of maybe trying to grab an inside for the kids but when i looked online you couldn't even see the cruise (which made me think it was sold out).  I may have to call to ask?

39 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Congrats, I didn't think our offers for February to move up were all that great. Though I feel like once we decline an offer we don't get another. 

It does not matter if you accept or decline prior offers.  The only things that matter is assigned room location and type.