Diamond Plus - No More Concierge/Suite Lounge Access

DaKahuna

1 minute ago, Mark_UK said:

Im a D+ and never really used the concierge lounge, what was I missing out on?

When we used it, we always thought it was a little more quiet than the Diamond Lounge and had better service.  We especially like it on Brilliance due to the nice small bar they had in the lounge. 

• Like 5

The latest in RCCL downgrading its produced. First they no longer have the evening cabin cleaning so they can fire half their housekeeping staff, now their elite members lose another benefit.  I think they are learning from the airlines how to alienate their best customers. I recently sailed on Celebrity and found a far superior service, food, product and as an Elite member there they offered a great benefit.  I suggest you consider leaving RCCL since they have left us, and going to Celebrity. I am done with RCCL since they are done with me.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TBurr said:

The latest in RCCL downgrading its produced. First they no longer have the evening cabin cleaning so they can fire half their housekeeping staff, now their elite members lose another benefit.  I think they are learning from the airlines how to alienate their best customers. I recently sailed on Celebrity and found a far superior service, food, product and as an Elite member there they offered a great benefit.  I suggest you consider leaving RCCL since they have left us, and going to Celebrity. I am done with RCCL since they are done with me.

I have RCL in my stock portfolio so yes definitely if you're going to give up on Royal, please go to Celebrity!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, TBurr said:

We have one upcoming RCCL and two Celebrity cruises booked for next year. 

We are booked in suites for all three cruises.  I have found that if I want Lounge access, I might as well book a suite.   

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 7

Finally, I've been thinking they should do this even before the shutdown.

Now with the 5 anytime vouchers there is really no reason to have to get into a less crowded lounge, especially since you don't get free drinks.

I guess one could say you lose access to the Suite Concierge, but personally I've never really need the extra help on anything, except when I was in a suite and that was pre-cruise show & dinner reservations, along with cutting lines at ports & disembarkcation.

BUT I'm prepared for all the complaints coming

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yeah, 5 free drinks and free bag of laundry is just a terrible perk.

How many points to get to Diamond and 4 free drinks? - 80

How many points to get to get to Diamond Plus and 5 free drinks? - 175

How many points to get to Pinnacle and 6 free drinks? - 700

Anyone see anthing wrong here?

• Like 10

Not really surprised at all. I think trying to manage who will be allowed in the CL lounge on those ships that still have one has been confusing to many with it's inconsistency .

Thankfully we as D+ are very close to Pinnacle and sail in suites so we won't be too impacted but in years past have felt that D+ has had the most loss to their C&A level status and here goes another one that will affect many loyal's. 

• Like 4

I understand that my fellow D+ do not like to see benefits disappear.  Still, I think it is worse business decision to list the benefit (with fine print some may never notice), have members (perhaps naively) anticipate to CL access before their cruise, then disappoint most of them with a letter in their cabin denying access to the CL.  If there was bound to be a letter in your cabin denying access on every one of your future cruises, better to just formalize the situation so current D’s know they won’t get CL access when they reach D+

• Like 2

I am inclined to agree that this announcement eases my mind to some extent.  As others have said above, now that the decision is made and is consistent across all ships, the footnote for Lounge access no longer becomes an issue.  Not Pinnacle, not in a suite == no Suite/Concierge lounge access.  No longer any ambiguity or waiting until onboard to see if you have access or not. 

• Like 1

I know I was really disappointed on our first cruise in a grand suite on navigator about ten years ago. We went in several times for a drink but about half time times it was totally full. At least diamond plus get 5 free drinks anytime anywhere which I think is better than using the lounge.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

How many points to get to Diamond and 4 free drinks? - 80

How many points to get to get to Diamond Plus and 5 free drinks? - 175

How many points to get to Pinnacle and 6 free drinks? - 700

Anyone see anthing wrong here?

Were that the only benefit afforded D, D+ and PC members, perhaps I would see the issue, but you and I know there are other benefits.  Also in years past D, D+, and PC previously all had the exact same happy hours; now there is a progression in the benefit.