$1700 for a 3 day?????

Megan_Strick

I read somewhere today that Carnival is planning on raising prices.  The new CEO said in the most recent earnings call that their pricing offered "too good of a value."

Maybe this is reflective of their new pricing strategy.  If so... YIKES!

Edited by talkorpi

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

Just playing around and looking at a 3 day from PC to Nassau in Feb 2024. Inside with a porthole for a solo cruiser $1681. *****????

Did you stumble into a mostly full charter? Or are they all that price for the month?

5 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I read somewhere today that Carnival is planning on raising prices.  The new CEO said in the most recent earnings call that their pricing offered "too good of a value."

As a recent college graduate, I am not very happy about this news.  Guess I will cruise less and less often.  I get that the industry was hit hard and CCL is still in the red with mutliple factors, but with higher prices AND a worse experience, it really puts budget-concious brand loyalists in a pinch.

i am starting to notice this with all cruises lines for cruise lines in 2024. I recently priced a 2024 cruise on Royal and it is already double to what i usually pay for a typical 7 day cruise. Ouch. i am not looking forward the future. i too may have to reduce the numbers of cruises i do per year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talkorpi said:

Maybe this is reflective of their new pricing strategy.  If so... YIKES!

Yep. They can raise it as much as they want but if people arent booking at those prices then the prices will come down. If they do keep booking then its a win for CCL and stockholders

• Like 3

It's just like a hotel.  If you are almost sold out, you jack up the prices of your few (or only) remaining rooms and hope someone is willing to pay for it.  Nothing wrong with that; it's good business. 

On a Facebook page I follow, they recently posted a screen shot from Royal Caribbean for a 7-day cruise that all of the regular cabins were sold out, and if you wanted a suite, it was almost $19,000.

Yeah, that's a high rate compared to my new booking I made today. I booked a 4 day Baja California cruise on Radiance for December 2024 as a solo in a PT cabin with two portholes for $395.00 incl port fees and taxes and it comes with $50 OBC. 

carnival picture window.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

They'll never get that much, at least on any remotely large scale, to fill the ship without having to discount fares later on.  Probably part of their new strategy of trying to price cruises at what they think their product is worth, except that they're completely delusional with the current status and quality of their onboard product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1