Heard rumors about drink vouchers

Ret MP

From RCCL:

"We know how much you love these drink vouchers, and we want to make sure you’re getting the most out of this benefit! We’re excited to share that we’re changing the daily schedule so that these vouchers are now redeemable from 5:00 AM to 4:59 AM the next day. What does this mean? It means that your daily complimentary vouchers will now reset at 5:00 AM every morning allowing you to get more out of this benefit during prime hours of each day, including your after-midnight drinks".

"We will be rolling out these changes beginning on all sailings departing on or after December 16th, 2022".

No particular reason for posting this other than for information purposes incase someone hasn't gotten it.  And I do think this is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

If you drink 4 drinks a day, it doesn't matter when they become available to you. The only thing this is going to do is save RCI some money on the drinks available on the final day. Using the current schedule, your drinks reload at midnight which means you could drink your 4 from the first day before midnight and then 4 more after midnight from the following day's allotment. Now those people won't be able to get those free drinks after midnight. As usual, RCI is putting a twist on it to make it seem like it is better for us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Email told me the drink vouchers day has been changed from Midnight to Midnight and is now 5 Am to 5 Am.  As a person who is not yet diamond and I have not had a drink since 1989, I am so happy to be kept up to date on the alcohol nonsense.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Email told me the drink vouchers day has been changed from Midnight to Midnight and is now 5 Am to 5 Am.  As a person who is not yet diamond and I have not had a drink since 1989, I am so happy to be kept up to date on the alcohol nonsense.

It is not nonsense. Change make it convenient for late night birds and won't change a thing for other people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

It is not nonsense. Change make it convenient for late night birds and won't change a thing for other people.

Really? Those on boarding day who were able to use their vouchers as early as they boarded and now have to wait until 5 pm, not a thing has changed for them? I enjoy a beverage at lunch just as much as those who need booze after midnight which they were able to get using a voucher previously.

Edited by meadowlander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Really? Those on boarding day who were able to use their vouchers as early as they boarded and now have to wait until 5 pm, not a thing has changed for them? I enjoy a beverage at lunch just as much as those who need booze after midnight which they were able to get using a voucher previously.

Do you know what 5 AM is?

How will this affect you? Are you planning to board before 5 AM? 😃

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Don’t think that is correct. The day now starts at 5AM instead of 12:00AM. 

By the time you board you are within Day1, which will end at 4:59AM on Day 2. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Don’t think that is correct. The day now starts at 5AM instead of 12:00AM. 

By the time you board you are within Day1, which will end at 4:59AM on Day 2. 

mac_tlc

Hope you are correct Mac. You know how to express yourself intelligently. Will miss Aqua 80's on Oasis when replaced by Oasis.

2 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

I read it as boarding day vouchers begin at 5 pm not 5 am. I hope I am wrong. Interesting that vouchers, as you claim, begin at 5 am on boarding day for new cruisers who are not on the ship as well as for cruisers who are departing the ship that day.

We have never had a problem getting a Bloody Mary on debarkation morning. 

26 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Please remember when you do reach D, the vouchers are for beverages of all kinds… they need not contain alcohol.  Some big fans if the new vouchers do not drink alcohol, as now they can use their vouchers, for example, for a fancy coffee (hot or iced) at cafe promenade, a fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, and a virgin pina colada by the pool in the afternoon…none of which were covered previously.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

I read it as boarding day vouchers begin at 5 pm not 5 am. I hope I am wrong. Interesting that vouchers, as you claim, begin at 5 am on boarding day for new cruisers who are not on the ship as well as for cruisers who are departing the ship that day.

It is a 7 days cruise so the very last day (#8) is not a day for departing guests.

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

Please remember when you do reach D, the vouchers are for beverages of all kinds… they need not contain alcohol.  Some big fans if the new vouchers do not drink alcohol, as now they can use their vouchers, for example, for a fancy coffee (hot or iced) at cafe promenade, a fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, and a virgin pina colada by the pool in the afternoon…none of which were covered previously.  

And as a type II DIABETIC with a heart healthy diet I drink none of those.  Of course RCI does not know that, they just want everyone to know everything. 

In the past when things reset at midnight on the last day of the cruise you could get your drinks and then at midnight you got another set of drinks loaded. Now on the last day you get your drinks and you are done as there is not reset at midnight.

I don't see this as a positive change.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

In the past on day 7 another set of vouchers was loaded at midnight technically making that day 8 vouchers.

Interesting. We tried once and this did not work so we assumed that was it.

We do leave ships from 7 AM to 7:30 AM last morning thought.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you drink 4 drinks a day, it doesn't matter when they become available to you. The only thing this is going to do is save RCI some money on the drinks available on the final day. Using the current schedule, your drinks reload at midnight which means you could drink your 4 from the first day before midnight and then 4 more after midnight from the following day's allotment. Now those people won't be able to get those free drinks after midnight. As usual, RCI is putting a twist on it to make it seem like it is better for us.

Exactly this.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Hope you are correct Mac. You know how to express yourself intelligently. Will miss Aqua 80's on Oasis when replaced by Oasis.

I hope I am too! I will certainly miss Aqua80. Not at all a fan of Hiro on Symphony. In fact, at the prices I was  looking at for summer 2024, we will definitely pass on Symphony. 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

I see nothing in the email indicating boarding day is different.  Where do you see it mentioned?