The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday December 19th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We are in Fiordland today. Beautiful! Bright blue skies, great visibility . The views are stunning! It is cold ! 
The bow is open until 5pm. We are back in our cabin to warm up! 

@cunnorl   Still foggy here this afternoon, temperature only 13 C, same temperature predicted for tomorrow.  Hope you have some warm clothing with you.

Hoping that the fog clears so  that Noordam will be able to berth at Port Chalmers.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Not Carolyn, Dixie 

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry but that would be Carolyn @Cruising-along's DS whose neighbor had the stroke.  I was simply replying to her.  No matter who the poor person was who had a stroke and didn't get proper care, it is a very sad story.  Prayers for that neighbor.🙏

Wow, we are getting confused easily today.  I guess I started it by rushing @AncientWanderer Maxine's anniversary.  Do messy painting and messy baking lead to messy minds or is that due to the cardboardeaux that goes along with the messy stuff?

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

I am happy to report that I am in the recovery room and the surgery went well.Thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes.I will read the Daily tomorrow  and am just so grateful for modern medicine.

Terry, best news all day!  Thanks for letting us know.  Hope you are home soon.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

I am happy to report that I am in the recovery room and the surgery went well.Thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes.I will read the Daily tomorrow  and am just so grateful for modern medicine.

Great news! Now time to rest and recover.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Wow, we are getting confused easily today.  I guess I started it by rushing @AncientWanderer Maxine's anniversary.  Do messy painting and messy baking lead to messy minds or is that due to the cardboardeaux that goes along with the messy stuff?

Debbie, it can't be messy painting, messy baking or heaven forbid the cardbordeaux.  How about, "The Devil made me do it"?  🤣

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry, that is great news.  Modern medicine can work wonders.  Get some rest and recover.

Lenda

• Like 13

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

@cunnorl   Still foggy here this afternoon, temperature only 13 C, same temperature predicted for tomorrow.  Hope you have some warm clothing with you.

Hoping that the fog clears so  that Noordam will be able to berth at Port Chalmers.

Our weather today is the best we have had in several days. Bright sunny, calm seas. We are in Dusty fiord right now. 
   This Florida girl will be ( and has been) layering! 
     Hope we get in tomorrow. That would be disappointing . 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

God Bless you! Checking in from recovery!  
So glad it went well. Rest and get better soon! 

Charlene 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I can't remember if it was before or after the rushing of Maxine's anniversary, but there was another one in the last week.  The day I posted photos of my Christmas Village, someone (can't remember who) thanked Lenda for posting them.  🤣  I didn't think it was worth correcting, so didn't. 😅  😁

But I can't help noticing that I'm the common denominator in a lot of these mix-ups!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I can't remember if it was before or after the rushing of Maxine's anniversary, but there was another one in the last week.  The day I posted photos of my Christmas Village, someone (can't remember who) thanked Lenda for posting them.  🤣  I didn't think it was worth correcting, so didn't. 😅  😁

But I can't help noticing that I'm the common denominator in a lot of these mix-ups!

It isn't just this thread either.  There was some mix up of comedians on @kazu's thread.  Perhaps it is the Devil or the alignment of the stars.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

blame the boo boos on

a. senior moments

b. cardbordeaux moments

c. our fingers type faster than our brains think

d. our brains think faster than we type

e. our brains are not thinking, and i dont know who is doing the typing

f. inhaling too much cookie flour

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

blame the boo boos on

a. senior moments

b. cardbordeaux moments

c. our fingers type faster than our brains think

d. our brains think faster than we type

e. our brains are not thinking, and i dont know who is doing the typing

f. inhaling too much cookie flour

All of the above. 😁

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information.

@smitty34877  pleased that  the surgery went well, best wishes for troublefree recovery.

@grapau27 do you maintain the garden, or do you employ help?

Have phone calls to make.

Stay safe, take care everyone. 

Pauline likes to do the Garden.

When we both worked full time we paid her sister for several years to maintain the gardens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry but that would be Carolyn @Cruising-along's DS whose neighbor had the stroke.  I was simply replying to her.  No matter who the poor person was who had a stroke and didn't get proper care, it is a very sad story.  Prayers for that neighbor.🙏

One of Pauline's childhood friends daughter died yesterday aged 28.

She fell down stairs at home and hit her head.

Her friend has lost her mam,dad and daughter in the last 12 month's.

Our prayers 🙏 are with her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

6 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I'm delighted for you Terry.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Such a tragedy.

Prayers for the family.

Give Pauline a hug from me, she'll need it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

What an awful accident to happen.  That is the second death from falling on stairs I've heard of in the last 2 months.  My sympathy to the friend who has lost not only her young adult daughter but her parents all in one year, and to the entire family.  I'm sure Pauline is feeling the loss considerably too.  I'm so sorry!🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What an awful accident to happen.  That is the second death from falling on stairs I've heard of in the last 2 months.  My sympathy to the friend who has lost not only her young adult daughter but her parents all in one year, and to the entire family.  I'm sure Pauline is feeling the loss considerably too.  I'm so sorry!🙏

Thank you for your kindness Sandi.

Her friends daughter was a lovely woman and Pauline was very upset when she found out yesterday.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Oh, no.  What a terrible thing to have  happened.  So young!  Prayers for the family who have suffered so much loss.  And a hug for Pauline.  She must be very upset indeed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Such a tragedy.

Prayers for the family.

Give Pauline a hug from me, she'll need it.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

3 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Oh, no.  What a terrible thing to have  happened.  So young!  Prayers for the family who have suffered so much loss.  And a hug for Pauline.  She must be very upset indeed.

Thank you Sandi, Melanie and @AncientWanderer for all your lovely comments.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Around 15 feet high.

We have a Tree surgeon who trims and shapes the conifers in the spring time.

16715285727041139529336199951684.jpg

So you do employ some garden help, thankfully  Pauline does not have to trim those conifers..

A tragic accident, dying after falling downstairs, sending our condolences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

@grapau27 (I didn't get back to CC late last night so this is a bit belated.)

My condolences to Pauline's friend. What a tragedy and what an awful year it has been for her family. Please give your beloved Pauline an extra hug as she's surely experiencing this loss along side her dear friend.

-Melisa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1