NYE Live on Harmony, Dec 31 to Jan 7/23 - New Years Eve coming with a fresh kiss, next year's gonna be better than this year!

A&L_Ont

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I met some friends at noon on the pier who are sailing on Nassau. I have known them since the periscope days, but I’ve never actually met them in person with jumped into a taxi and went down to the fish fry to Oh Andros.  I’ve never been before. Go hungry is all I have to say. 

The menu

EAAEA304-D8D1-4395-8A80-CD8E61406AFD.thumb.jpeg.fbcd3483f5c2769dc72b0f7bd0036821.jpeg

6818ADC0-27CB-4DB0-B769-E4A847FE4455.thumb.jpeg.c1615dd8e496f77dcc556e53abdd4455.jpeg

66B3989F-ED91-46FB-917B-EDF117BBCF71.thumb.jpeg.a71575984e15ef5f94a2a4398fe1e952.jpeg

lIt holds about 100 people inside. Here’s a view from the front door.  There are a bunch of different venues here but it’s the one my friends always go to. The food was spectacular and the drinks were delicious.

76D982C6-DD08-4BA3-B6B8-2D747326C999.thumb.jpeg.c92961edc1dd37e16238162704cc6aba.jpeg

We had a few drinks and way too much food. I had the fried shrimp with rice, slaw and potato salad. 

167D5303-28A4-41C0-A744-2447ED5A681D.thumb.jpeg.952b0845d6dc63c017ee6104ec5403ae.jpeg

Jarvis had fish sticks (real fish) with rice, mac & cheese and fried plantains. 

B530C5FE-9BC9-4D98-A2AC-350A127C3FB3.thumb.jpeg.6b748b671a767de91acc15b7264abadd.jpeg

The last plate was fish sticks and steak. 

E28BB001-7902-49FB-A104-B2A02CF89BCC.thumb.jpeg.38665cac0af8ddcae2f54fe1da53c7dd.jpeg

Just looked at reviews on Trip Advisor. Lots of reviews said the wait for your food was an hour or longer . How was that on your visit? any better?

We plan on going there in September. Looks to be to far to walk to from the port. Assumed you used a taxi?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big_G said:

You guys and your antics are legend here on CC. It would be great to see the band back together. 

It sure would. I miss the periscope days a lot. It was a great cruising community. Jarvis does some You Tube broadcasts, but it ain’t periscope. 

I actually miss periscoping my cruises. Such a great group of folks. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Just looked at reviews on Trip Advisor. Lots of reviews said the wait for your food was an hour or longer . How was that on your visit? any better?

We plan on going there in September. Looks to be to far to walk to from the port. Assumed you used a taxi?

The walk is about 25 minutes from the pier.  If hot and humid I recommend taxi both ways.   We took a taxi on the way back.   Which I think we paid something like $5 pp.   Well worth it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For us it averages about 30 minutes or so from the time you order you food until the time it arrives at your table. We did have to wait an hour one time on a Sunday afternoon. The place was packed with locals after church let out and many went there for lunch. 

We usually take a taxi there. We just say “fish fry” and they know where to go. It’s a quick ride. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

For us it averages about 30 minutes or so from the time you order you food until the time it arrives at your table. We did have to wait an hour one time on a Sunday afternoon. The place was packed with locals after church let out and many went there for lunch. 

We usually take a taxi there. We just say “fish fry” and they know where to go. It’s a quick ride. 

This is how I would describe it. There were some in their Sunday best and more locals than tourists. It’s on island time, and the kitchen has to be small considering the restaurant size. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looking forward to some great pics you get from the top of the slides. 

Owen has done them all. We on the other hand have been a bit lazier. Enjoying having my feet up and relaxing. Goombay Smash and Bahama Mama has been ordered.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen has done them all. We on the other hand have been a bit lazier. Enjoying having my feet up and relaxing. Goombay Smash and Bahama Mama has been ordered.

I am curious, since this is your birthday cruise does Owen know yet that he is paying for the trip?🤔😁

• Haha 16

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am curious, since this is your birthday cruise does Owen know yet that he is paying for the trip?🤔😁

I just asked and he laughed. We have always told him he should be a cruise ship captain or an airline pilot. That would help us in the discount part, and he says he knows it. That said, he did enjoy sitting in the cockpit of the plane. 😄

Lisa and I will cheers to that. 

3AFD7A69-3A4A-4389-A82B-CE88B7AD3226.thumb.jpeg.9779f40c1a3566898bb0eb25ac298e31.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 16

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

This girl and her severe seafood allergies would be the one who would be ordering the pasta, or the chicken, or the oriental! Anything but the seafood! As good as the seafood probably tasted, it’s definitely not worth the risk of having to be hauled off to an ER in Nassau! 😱 In my world fish 🐟 and crustaceans 🦞 are friends, not food! 😂

I also have an allergy to shrimp (not severe and only gastrointestinal) and don't bother eating any seafood as I have never been tested and don't want to find out the hard way by trying anything else.  Also, it could go to anaphylactic without notice.  Besides, DH doesn't eat any fish or seafood.  We just tend to go to Senor Frog's in Nassau.  One, for the fact they serve tacos and two for the view of the port as well as being a good walk.  Food is only a driver in ports as we prefer to eat lunch ashore when we can.  In Bermuda, we go to Frog and Onion for lunch or dinner every trip.  In PR, we always find a restaurant that serves real PR food as my DH is PR.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, perfect match said:

This girl and her severe seafood allergies would be the one who would be ordering the pasta, or the chicken, or the oriental! Anything but the seafood! As good as the seafood probably tasted, it’s definitely not worth the risk of having to be hauled off to an ER in Nassau! 😱 In my world fish 🐟 and crustaceans 🦞 are friends, not food! 😂

My SIL (severe seafood allergy) used to be a Master Chef for a classy Indianapolis restaurant, up until one of the other chefs had not properly cleaned one of the grills before she began cooking on it. She puffed up like a balloon! She quit her job and is no longer a restaurant chef. She said that was a very scary experience and she would not want it to happen again! She loves to cook, so felt sorry for her. Anyway, that was many years ago and she's now happily retired, living next door to her twin and BIL, way out in BFE on 40 acres! They grow most of their own food and are enjoying the peace and quiet.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

My SIL (severe seafood allergy) used to be a Master Chef for a classy Indianapolis restaurant, up until one of the other chefs had not properly cleaned one of the grills before she began cooking on it. She puffed up like a balloon! She quit her job and is no longer a restaurant chef. She said that was a very scary experience and she would not want it to happen again! She loves to cook, so felt sorry for her. Anyway, that was many years ago and she's now happily retired, living next door to her twin and BIL, way out in BFE on 40 acres! They grow most of their own food and are enjoying the peace and quiet.

BFE??

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Anyone else care to share? Maybe it stands for more than the one I've heard!😲😬

24 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

Bum F Egypt.... lol or out in the boonies.....

That’s the only definition I’ve ever heard but was afraid to post it 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1