Cabins and Robes

EngIceDave

1 hour ago, Bostwick girl said:

If I’m not mistaken, all you have to do in any cabin is ask your cabin attendant for a robe. At least that’s been my experience since they stopped keeping them in your closet.

Agree.

Just ask for one.

• Like 3

Agree with the others who said "just ask cabin steward."  I am glad they no longer put them in your closet ahead of time- you never knew for certain if it was clean or left from previous cruiser.  Plus I am sure it cuts down on them washing every robe after every cruise.  Hubby never used the provided robe,  but I did. So now we just ask for 1.  Now I know it is clean & I have saved them from washing 2 robes.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Agree with the others who said "just ask cabin steward."  I am glad they no longer put them in your closet ahead of time- you never knew for certain if it was clean or left from previous cruiser.  Plus I am sure it cuts down on them washing every robe after every cruise.  Hubby never used the provided robe,  but I did. So now we just ask for 1.  Now I know it is clean & I have saved them from washing 2 robes.

Yep.  I've heard the horror stories of skidmarks from previous guests in the "clean" robes.🤮  And wadded up tissues and S&S receipts in the pockets.🤢  I have personally seen on many Carnival cruises lack of proper cleaning in our cabins from corners being cut/items being forgotten.  I would never trust that those robes are clean.

We stay in Suites and always ask for the robes to be removed on Embarkation Day.  No way are we wearing those robes and I want that closet space.

• Like 1

Thank you all.

That makes sense. Only recently have I gotten into even wearing a robe (Not a big Florida thing?) so wondered if I should pack one or not.

On that last cruise, where we got them in the Spa19 Cabin, one was kind of funky looking so I asked for a replacement, which they quickly brought me a replacement, never taking the dirty one.

Somehow, one of the clean ones mysteriously would up in my luggage.

a026b9b9-2104-4b07-aade-afe5ee6d7674_tex

Edited by EngIceDave

Yes I have found wadded tissue in a robe pocket-yuck.  As a means of getting rid of the old/left in cabin robe, just throw on the bathroom/shower floor. They will know it is dirty, & take it & hopefully add to their dirty laundry cart.  This is an area where HAL excels CCL.  The clean robes are on a shelf in closet, nicely folded & in a zippered mesh bag.  Very easy to see it has never been used. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

I think we just figured out why they don't just put them in every closet...

When they did, they had a tag on them similar to the notice on beach towels, that if you didn't return them your S&S would be charged $xx.  I want to say it was in the $40-$50 range, definitely more than the $22(?) they say they charge for towels.

Not sure if people actually got charged, plus it's too late to charge someone's S&S if they were paying cash and have already debarked, so I imagine some robes did appear in people's luggage once they got home and unpacked.