Probably a Silly Question, but How Do YOU Carry Food Up to Your Cabin?

LEMJMcC

19 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have been told, more than once, that placing your room service tray in the hallway was the staff’s preferred method 

Told by whom?   Definitely not our attendants.   They are tired of the spilled food, drinks, etc. in the hallways to have to clean up.   Not to mention trying to get carts around those.  

We have been thanked more than once at rinsing and stacking our dishes in our cabin for takeaway...which naturally can be done twice a day.   

And also (when convenient), we take back up to the WJ to one of the cleaning stations.  If I am able to take them down (or up) to the cabin...I can take them back.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

On 1/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Continental breakfast is free from room service. 
keep the tray and us it throughout the week. 

This is what I do on the first morning. I now have a tray for the rest of the week when needed. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

Told by whom?   Definitely not our attendants.   They are tired of the spilled food, drinks, etc. in the hallways to have to clean up.   Not to mention trying to get carts around those.  

We have been thanked more than once at rinsing and stacking our dishes in our cabin for takeaway...which naturally can be done twice a day.   

And also (when convenient), we take back up to the WJ to one of the cleaning stations.  If I am able to take them down (or up) to the cabin...I can take them back.  

We typically try to make it as easy as possible for our steward/ess.  Rinsing out cups, stacking and plates, and disposing of any paper products appropriately are just a few examples of common courtesy.  I've even made the bed a few times until I found out that it was re-made again anyhow😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

We typically try to make it as easy as possible for our steward/ess.  Rinsing out cups, stacking and plates, and disposing of any paper products appropriately are just a few examples of common courtesy.  I've even made the bed a few times until I found out that it was re-made again anyhow😅

Exactly what we do.   I can't just suddenly become a slob while on vacation.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

The room service operator 

On 1/9/2023 at 5:49 AM, LEMJMcC said:

On past cruises I would awaken much earlier than the lovely wife and go out to catch the sunrise.  On my way back to the cabin I would stop by Cafe Promenade to pick up a hot breakfast tea for me, coffee for the wife, and some breakfast pastries for us both.  Also there were many evenings that we would want to enjoy a late night snack and I would again run down to Sorrentos to pick up some pizza and grab some beverages as well.  In either case, I had my hands full!

The problem for me has always been trying to carry all this from the promenade deck back up to the cabin, especially when I had to take the elevators - imagine a guy with two drinks and a bunch of food in his hands trying to hit the elevator button with his elbow or big toe of one foot while balancing on the other!  Anyway, it occurred to me that others have likely solved this dilemma and what better place to find possible solutions than the CC Forum?!

So what tactics have you successfully employed to carry a bunch of drinks and food up to your cabins?

For Food I put a plate on top of Plate or cover Food with Napkin. Bunch stuff, I make 2 Trips or bring my Kids/Grand Daughter along

I love to eat breakfast on my balcony so I bring a small tray. I've been mostly on Radiance class lately which is an easy pickup at the solarium cafe and down one flight of steps. I rarely cross paths with anyone on this short journey, certainly less than walking around with a plate in the buffet. The tray makes it easy to carry a cup of coffee and a couple of little plates. 

18 minutes ago, poocher said:

We are on deck 8 in May on Harmony.  I foresee many early morning trips to Park Cafe for breakfast noshes!

Depends on your definition of early. On Allure I think the Park Cafe opened at 8AM. That is more than 3 hrs after I get up 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2023 at 9:18 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

I guess because a cruise ship is not McDonald’s. 

Sometimes there’s no place to sit at the WJ and you have to take your food to your cabin. Especially on the mega ships.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, LEMJMcC said:

On past cruises I would awaken much earlier than the lovely wife and go out to catch the sunrise.  On my way back to the cabin I would stop by Cafe Promenade to pick up a hot breakfast tea for me, coffee for the wife, and some breakfast pastries for us both.  Also there were many evenings that we would want to enjoy a late night snack and I would again run down to Sorrentos to pick up some pizza and grab some beverages as well.  In either case, I had my hands full!

The problem for me has always been trying to carry all this from the promenade deck back up to the cabin, especially when I had to take the elevators - imagine a guy with two drinks and a bunch of food in his hands trying to hit the elevator button with his elbow or big toe of one foot while balancing on the other!  Anyway, it occurred to me that others have likely solved this dilemma and what better place to find possible solutions than the CC Forum?!

So what tactics have you successfully employed to carry a bunch of drinks and food up to your cabins?

Bring wifey with you and have her help you!!  

Edited by F27TW

I only like coffee on the balcony so that's an easy way.  Food wise my husband had brought back a plate piled with pizza and 2 bottles of beer in his shorts pockets, 2 cans of soda on the pizza plate plus another plate with cookies back to the room for a World Series game.  I was reading on the balcony and obviously had to answer the door.  He walked down 6 or 7 flights of steps on the Allure to our deck 8.  My only question was how did you manage to get 4 cold drinks at once?  He said by using my charm.  

Edited by jean87510

12 hours ago, F27TW said:

Bring wifey with you and have her help you!!  

You know, she recently told me that I am permitted to awaken her when I get up to get her to accompany me.  I asked if I could video her saying that for later use and she refused, so I think I know how that's going to go😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

According to planner, Oasis is 7am

Two hours after I am up. On O class ships I usually visit the Cafe Promenade, maybe check out the WJ when it opens, and then have my "real" breakfast in the solarium. 

Does Park Cafe's opening vary with Sea and Port days? 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Two hours after I am up. On O class ships I usually visit the Cafe Promenade, maybe check out the WJ when it opens, and then have my "real" breakfast in the solarium. 

Does Park Cafe's opening vary with Sea and Port days? 

Not on our March sailing. 

Johnny Rocket's varies between 7:30 and 8:00, but it's not related to sea days, which is odd