Quick laundry question.

tigger54

My husband and I are taking side by side cruises next month. Will the laundry rooms be open on embankment day? Our first cruise on Holland America does not have laundry facilities so hoping that when we get on Princess Sky we can do laundry right away. Also, what time do the laundry rooms open up in the morning?
Thank you

Yes, I have done laundry on day one of the cruise several times. As for the time they open, I don't remember the doors ever being locked? I try not to use the machines after 10pm, but maybe someone else has had a different experience. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They are open 24 hours.  The only time I have ever heard of them being closed was during a covid outbreak on board.  Which seems really strange in that keeping your laundry clean would seem to be a good thing as far as holding back the spread.

nope - on CB over Thanksgiving - 8a to 8p or so - due to lack of staff to maintain

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They are open 24 hours.  The only time I have ever heard of them being closed was during a covid outbreak on board.  Which seems really strange in that keeping your laundry clean would seem to be a good thing as far as holding back the spread.

Never seen them open 24 hours....

• Like 1

On the Regal two weeks ago, were open 24/7. I guess it depends on staffing issues, etc. Have never had it not be open on embarkation day. And we do laundry. A lot. 😀. Allows us to travel light.

On our very first cruise on Carnival I didn't realize that the laundry room had "hours" and as a result our laundry got locked in the laundry room.   I think in that instance it was 8:00 pm.   Anyway I had to go down to guest services and they had to send someone up to unlock the door so I could retrieve our clothes.    So always check the hours.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, rjack22 said:

On our very first cruise on Carnival I didn't realize that the laundry room had "hours" and as a result our laundry got locked in the laundry room.   I think in that instance it was 8:00 pm.   Anyway I had to go down to guest services and they had to send someone up to unlock the door so I could retrieve our clothes.    So always check the hours.

That's what you call "Laundromat Jail"!  You're lucky that you were able to make bail...

On 1/12/2023 at 1:56 PM, tigger54 said:

My husband and I are taking side by side cruises next month. Will the laundry rooms be open on embankment day? Our first cruise on Holland America does not have laundry facilities so hoping that when we get on Princess Sky we can do laundry right away. Also, what time do the laundry rooms open up in the morning?
Thank you

HAL has good deals on laundry.  You can get an unlimited package or "stuff a bag" .  They do an awesome job.  Then you can start your Princess cruise with clean clothes and not have to spend your vacation time doing laundry.  

35 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

We did a 3-week Australia/New Zealand cruise tour. We had to do laundry. 

Falls under the category of to each their own. If necessary on our longer cruises we have used the ships laundry service. With RC and Celebrity we each get a complimentary Wash N Fold bags of laundry with our tier levels. Would be nice if Princess would have that as part of their tier level perks/benefits package.  We aren't on vacation to sit in a laundromat. 

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Falls under the category of to each their own. If necessary on our longer cruises we have used the ships laundry service. With RC and Celebrity we each get a complimentary Wash N Fold bags of laundry with our tier levels. Would be nice if Princess would have that as part of their tier level perks/benefits package.  We aren't on vacation to sit in a laundromat. 

Maybe I'm not looking at apples to apples - but as Elite on Princess we get free laundry service.  I had to laugh on our last cruise when all of my t-shirts came back on clothes hangers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Maybe I'm not looking at apples to apples - but as Elite on Princess we get free laundry service.  I had to laugh on our last cruise when all of my t-shirts came back on clothes hangers.

Thanks for the correction. 👍 It would be nice if Platinum also received the included laundry perk/benefit. 😉

Edited by davekathy