Best choices for 150 Central Park

RoperDK

We will be on Wonder next month and have 150 reserved.  We've never eaten there before.  What are the current rules?  Can you have two appetizers anymore?  Both the scallops and pumpkin soup has caught my eye.  Can you get the tenderloin for just one?  We would like to split an entree to try a couple of things. We love halibut, but I worry it won't be as good as fresh.  Is the cucumber martini good? We won't have the drink package and don't want to waste a diamond coupon on an unknown. Looking for suggestions. Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We will be on Wonder next month and have 150 reserved.  We've never eaten there before.  What are the current rules?  Can you have two appetizers anymore?  Both the scallops and pumpkin soup has caught my eye.  Can you get the tenderloin for just one?  We would like to split an entree to try a couple of things. We love halibut, but I worry it won't be as good as fresh.  Is the cucumber martini good? We won't have the drink package and don't want to waste a diamond coupon on an unknown. Looking for suggestions. Thanks! 

All the appetizers you want, crispy pork belly is awesome. . I have been served the tenderloin for just myself. Wife loves the Cucumber Martini. Last few times she has asked for the Cucumber Elderflower Martini which is now her favorite. As a added note we have been able to get the Cauliflower steak as a shared third entree. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

R-E-L-A-X

Sometimes it's better just to attend and ask questions at the time of you meal. Things change all the time.

Yes, I used to be this way.  Now I can only eat limited quantities.  I am just looking to maximize trying new dishes.  I was just asking for everyone's favorites. 

I know restaurants vary ship to ship, just off Oasis where we had dinner at 150.  DS had the scallop appetizer and he said that was good.  DH had the short rib, it was fork tender and he said very good to excellent.  Two of us had the Beef Wellington, we each did a portion for one since we liked it cooked differently.  No issue with that.  Excellent cut of beef.  DIL had the Lobster Thermador while DS had the Lamb Wellington, both were also excellent.

What was really amazing was the Fried Cheesecake.  The World (Wonderland) is my favorite dessert from Royal, this is a close second if not tied. 😋

• Thanks 1

Agreed the cucumber martini is excellent 

shame they do not do elsewhere on the ship

The wellington is exceptional although we have found portion sizes to vary ship to ship

oh and don’t forget the Nutella Cheesecake desert 

Edited by Spurschick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joeyancho said:

Lobster Thermador was awesome, as was the fried cheesecake dessert.   Portion sizes are "sensible". 

Lol oops your post just showed up. Sorry for my post asking. I'd edit it out if I wasnt dealing still with a broken right wrist. Thanks for your post. I was curious but didnt want to order as I never see feedback on it. Ooops 

• Like 1

lobster thermador is one relatively large tail, cut up into pieces and cooked in the congac sauce, then served in the tail. we had a table of 4.. got two orders as a side dish for our main courses.

I've had the tenderloin, the duck and the halibut. All are delicious and the fried cheesecake may be my favorite dessert on any ship 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As others have said, yes you can get the tenderloin for one.  That is my go to in 150 CP.  Also, jk04 mentioned the short rib appetizer - this is pretty amazing.

Many have also mentioned the fried cheesecake.  This is three small balls of battered and fried cheesecake with a dollop of sweet whipped cream - it is sublime if you like melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake.

One more thing for CP 150 is the starter bread.  It is the best far and above any other breads served before meals.  I could make a meal out of that alone.  It is hard to describe why it is so good, but it is airy, soft, buttery and salty (maybe a little garlic, but not so much that it is garlic bread?).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:.

One more thing for CP 150 is the starter bread.  It is the best far and above any other breads served before meals.  I could make a meal out of that alone.  It is hard to describe why it is so good, but it is airy, soft, buttery and salty (maybe a little garlic, but not so much that it is garlic bread?).

Just to make you salivate 👍🏻

I have so many food and drink pics of our last 4 or 5 visits 

150 CP is 💯 

2CF0852A-BF0C-4025-ABD8-C45FCC94C209.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Just to make you salivate 👍🏻

I have so many food and drink pics of our last 4 or 5 visits 

150 CP is 💯 

2CF0852A-BF0C-4025-ABD8-C45FCC94C209.jpeg

That's what I'm talking about.  Amazing starter bread...  I want the recipe for this

• Like 2

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Has anyone tried the lobster themidor. Did you like it? How much lobster did it have. 

Jane, it is very good 👍🏻 
and nice sized portion IMO

We have last two times been given two tails  and as recently as December.. 

hopefully still same on Oasis in March 🐾 

Maybe see you in there 😉

010FC164-655E-492D-9F2F-35C615B9A143.jpeg

A0E9D03A-2D4D-492B-AE83-5EF6FB4F3265.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

obster thermador is one relatively large tail, cut up into pieces and cooked in the congac sauce, then served in the tail. we had a table of 4.. got two orders as a side dish for our main courses.

Might have to try this.  Get my Lobster and a chance to try something else as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Miss the 7 salts and unsalted butter.

Scallops and the Lobster Thermador are my go toe's at 150CP.  Kids always get the tenderloin and never complain.

We didn’t get the 150CP vibe until a few years back, so we missed out on the salts 😢

We are making up for it now though 

• Like 1