2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Check both dining rooms for menus.

Not sure how rotation would work on 10 days

You can also pull up a different sailing if all you see is kid menus

Thanks, it’s not on either dining menu and when I pulled up other 10 night cruises, the rotations  vary. I guess I’ll just wait until I get on the ship. Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jencruzin said:

I skipped over lunch today, reading this thread....now I'm hungry!

$17 isn't bad for a second tail.

Got mine for free on Anthem.   At my table there was a discussion regarding whether the lobster was Maine or Carib.  The person sitting next to me decided against the tail and opted for the cod dish. 

I nicely asked her to order the tail as a 2nd entree and I enjoyed it. 

The tail itself seemed a bit  bigger, but the taste was similar to the previous ones. 

Advice, if you want a 2nd make a friend of your fellow diners🤣

At minimum it made up for the terrible Carne Assada on Mexican night and terrible appetizers selections on Italian night.   Next time I’m going to get a plate of antipasto from the WJ and bring it to the MDR. 😀

PS.  The tail is not remotely worth the $16.99 + grats. 

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Got mine for free on Anthem.   At my table there was a discussion regarding whether the lobster was Maine or Carib.  The person sitting next to me decided against the tail and opted for the cod dish. 

The tail itself seemed a bit  bigger, but the taste was similar to the previous ones. 

At minimum it made up for the terrible Carne Assada on Mexican night and terrible appetizers selections on Italian night.   Next time I’m going to get a plate of antipasto from the WJ and bring it to the MDR. 😀

Well yeah, TBH, the last time we got lobster tails was on our cruise last summer. Pretty much it was all you wanted. DH had 3, but they were seriously nothing more than big shrimp size!

On 2/10/2023 at 3:34 PM, sgmn said:

Agree, but think it should come as standard. Should I have to ask for a decent serving of vegetables with my main meal of the day?  I also usually ask for extra vegetables but I shouldn't have to.

Salads are on the menu. They've never been just a part of the entree.

On 2/11/2023 at 8:05 AM, nelblu said:

Or if you really want it - just pay the price asked instead of coercing your table mates into an uncomfortable situation. If you  can afford the cruise suck it up and pay for the lobster if it is so important to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2023 at 10:54 AM, jencruzin said:

Well yeah, TBH, the last time we got lobster tails was on our cruise last summer. Pretty much it was all you wanted. DH had 3, but they were seriously nothing more than big shrimp size!

And three lobster tails is why we are now in the situation that we are.

• Haha 2

Not worth the $16.99 yet you felt the need to beg a random stranger for theirs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

... The person sitting next to me decided against the tail and opted for the cod dish ... 

I've had the cod.  Your table mate chose wrong -- and I like most everything the MDR serves.  

On 2/11/2023 at 10:54 AM, jencruzin said:

Shrimp sized?  Hyperbole.  

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Or if you really want it - just pay the price asked instead of coercing your table mates into an uncomfortable situation. If you  can afford the cruise suck it up and pay for the lobster if it is so important to you.

Why is it uncomfortable to ask someone to share something they aren't going to use /can't use later?    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Why is it uncomfortable to ask someone to share something they aren't going to use /can't use later?    

Maybe by the time lobster night roles around some people have become comfortable enough with their table mates to do that. I'm not sure that I would. Rather than asking it might be a more comfortable situation if someone offered up what they did not plan to consume. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My local supermarket has Maine lobster tails (6 oz i believe) on special this week for $5,99. Sure, you need to cook them yourself but I learned how in high school cooking class so doesn’t really require much cooking talent. I’m sure buying them in bulk like Royal does makes them much cheaper. Their upcharge is ridiculous.  I think a $5 upcharge without the extra gratuity (you wouldn’t need to pay that if they were bringing you an extra plate of meatloaf) is much more reasonable. 

9 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I've had the cod.  Your table mate chose wrong -- and I like most everything the MDR serves.  

Shrimp sized?  Hyperbole.  

i would find it strange/awkward for a stranger at the table to ask me order a second entree for them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So RCI is potentially setting up its guests for an uncomfortable situation in the MDR. There is nothing like making eating dinner with strangers even more stressful. I glad we don't eat in there any longer. 

I'd take $10 cash for mine.  I should have a shirt made for formal night with that on it.  You could call it "Lobster Up" 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'd take $10 cash for mine.  I should have a shirt made for formal night with that on it.  You could call it "Lobster Up" 😉

Warn Lisa and Owen that if business is good the only lobster they will be getting is an empty shell. 😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gerif said:

My local supermarket has Maine lobster tails (6 oz i believe) on special this week for $5,99. Sure, you need to cook them yourself but I learned how in high school cooking class so doesn’t really require much cooking talent. I’m sure buying them in bulk like Royal does makes them much cheaper. Their upcharge is ridiculous.  I think a $5 upcharge without the extra gratuity (you wouldn’t need to pay that if they were bringing you an extra plate of meatloaf) is much more reasonable. 

There are posters on other social media who acted like it was a contest how many lobster they could order. They cant or wouldn't eat 11 orders of meatloaf, but would eat 11 lobsters and brag. 

I could be wrong but thought I read carnival cut to 2 lobsters. With all the sharing going on, it does seem like rcl wanted to limit this one item. And here we have a thread how to get around it. Amusing to read. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Rather than asking it might be a more comfortable situation if someone offered up what they did not plan to consume. 

As a vegetarian I would be happy to save someone $16.99 by giving up the lobster I am not going to eat.  Hubby who is not a seafood fan probably will also.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Warn Lisa and Owen that if business is good the only lobster they will be getting is an empty shell. 😊

They don't eat sea food so there's an easy $30, but they will take their share of the revenue. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Let's imagine: You don't know the table mate sitting next to you, so...
"Excuse me, I know we don't know each other, but can you get me that extra tail as another entree, so I can eat it?"

Yes.

Uncomfortable. Awkward.

Get it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2