blue tooth speakers on the balcony

StormySeas

Has anyone had trouble with a neighbor playing music on a speaker too loud on their balcony? I love to hear the ocean. not your music. is there a rule or is it just common courtesy to leave your speaker in your room? if we are disturbed by someone's music, do we report it or try to resolve it ourselves? opinions?

• Like 2

Has anyone had trouble with a neighbor playing music on a speaker too loud on their balcony? I love to hear the ocean. not your music. is there a rule or is it just common courtesy to leave your speaker in your room? if we are disturbed by someone's music, do we report it or try to resolve it ourselves? opinions?

Ok so many people enjoy music while relaxing.    However musical tastes and volume levels are VERY subjective.  If the music is bothering you, you could nicely ask them to turn it down or move it inside.  I hope most people would understand and respect your request.  If they don’t, GS is your next move.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StormySeas said:

Reporting it would be the easy way. Similar thing happened to us a few months ago on Ovation in Alaska.  Some one was on his phone on the balcony talking very very loud. After a few minutes, we heard him say let me put you on speaker. We could hear both sides of the conversation, he was definitely not in the cabin above or along side of ours, we were deck 12 forward.   Me living up to my reputation of being a A-Hole, I yelled as loud as I could that we could all hear you followed by a good thirty seconds of extreme profanity directed at him and his phone mate.... dead silence for the remainder of the cruise. Bad manners on my part but very effective.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Do  it  on  every  trip,doing  it starting monday,if  too  loud say  something and  your neighbors   will  cut  it  down I"m sure. Some  cabins  sometime  request songs  to  play.  Happy sailing!😀

• Like 2

Reporting it would be the easy way. Similar thing happened to us a few months ago on Ovation in Alaska.  Some one was on his phone on the balcony talking very very loud. After a few minutes, we heard him say let me put you on speaker. We could hear both sides of the conversation, he was definitely not in the cabin above or along side of ours, we were deck 12 forward.   Me living up to my reputation of being a A-Hole, I yelled as loud as I could that we could all hear you followed by a good thirty seconds of extreme profanity directed at him and his phone mate.... dead silence for the remainder of the cruise. Bad manners on my part but very effective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had that issue on the Grandeur last September.  We called GS, someone came to their room and it was quiet outside afterwards.  I don’t understand why folks don’t just use headphones.  There are lots of different types of music and not everyone likes your music.

• Like 2

Quiet music that doesn't intrude on another cabin is one thing, subjecting others to your musical taste or lack thereof is another.  This is why Carnival just banned portable speakers.  Beware Royal cruisers,  be conscientious of your neighbors or Royal might follow suit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pittnh said:

we had someone that was intentionally exposing themselves on a Boardwalk balcony.  Called security and never saw the guy again during the cruise.

Yikes! That is one helluva Bluetooth speaker! No thanks-

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@StormySeas Were you expecting different answer in two different threads?

Chill @DaKahuna, this duplication stuff happens around here. The official Mods will rectify it soon enough. 

BTW. turn down those Bluetooth speakers of yours while you're on your balcony .  🔊  😁

3 hours ago, StormySeas said:

Their balcony and they can do as they please. 

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Their balcony and they can do as they please. 

Actually, on my last two sailings, this was in the Cruise Planner each day:

"PUMP UP THE JAMS, NOT THE VOLUME"

"We know you are excited to blast your vacation playlist, however, personal speaker devices are not permitted in public areas and we ask that you be mindful of the volume when in your stateroom."

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 11

We had a neighbor on a 14 night sailing that played music every night while they enjoyed their happy hour on their balcony.     We asked in the beginning of the cruise if they could turn it down and they moved their speaker into the cabin, turned down slightly and then kept their balcony door open to listen to it (that helped a little).  It was okay - but was still annoying sometimes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Chill @DaKahuna, this duplication stuff happens around here. The official Mods will rectify it soon enough. 

BTW. turn down those Bluetooth speakers of yours while you're on your balcony .  🔊  😁

I am chill as chill can be .. This time next week we'll be having dinner at The Boatyard in Fort Lauderdale and looking forward to boarding Harmony the next day. 

At my age, I have to turn the volume up so I can hear it.  Besides everyone needs to listen to "On the Road Again" at full volume. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

At my age, I have to turn the volume up so I can hear it.  Besides everyone needs to listen to "On the Road Again" at full volume. 

LOL. "On the Road Again" needs double full volume!

Gotta love Willie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Super rude. People should wear headphones.

This goes for kids and cell phones/tablets too. I'm so tired of parents giving their kids their cell phone or a tablet to keep them entertained and they are watching videos or playing games with the volume on (sometimes loud). Headphones people! Headphones! 

• Like 11