Really needing decision help!

momof4girls

I can NOT decide which cruise to go with. I could really use other cruisers advice. 

Little about us to help decide…We are laid back and easy going. We rarely find anything to complain about and we are just as happy being on a ship that goes “nowhere” as we would be going on a ship that makes “magical stops”. I’ve cruised more than my dh, but either ship/class will be new to us. This will be our first cruise trying an inside stateroom🤞🏻, but we’ve tried balconies, cove balconies, and ocean views.  We LOVE visiting beaches or exploring on our own (i.e. renting a golf cart, etc)

We live far enough away we have to fly. Both leave out of Miami. 

We will be on the Horizon in two years for an 8-day southern Caribbean cruise. Unless we absolutely hate it, we are planning the same kind of stateroom. 

Cruise 1

Horizon 6 Day = Inside Havana Stateroom

• Jamaica = Been there 1x. We ziplined.
  • Grand Cayman = Been there 1x. Lovely beach day.
  • Cozumel = Been here a couple times. We love Cozumel. Went to Paradise both times although we want to try Nachi on our next visit. 

Cruise 2

Celebration 7 Day = Inside Stateroom

• Amber Cove = Never been. Have an upcoming family cruise stopping here April ‘24.
  • San Juan = Never been.
  • St. Maarten = Never been.

The Celebration cruise IS one more day and $100 more but does not have the “private” beautiful Havana area. 

That would be a tough choice for me, definitely like the itinerary with multiple new port stops. Have cruised the Mardi Gras a few times but have also cruised the Panorama and Horizon and prefer that class of ship much more. Just got off the Horizon 6 day with same itinerary and had a real nice time. I’d overall have to go with the 7 day Celebration if you haven’t sailed XL class, it is a beautiful class of ship, many restaurant choices and fun to try at least once. 

Tough choice - I have been on both ships fairly recently, and would definitely choose Horizon Havana area over Celebration. But I like your ports a bit better on #2.  

But I'm in the minority who just didn't care for Celebration all that much.  The crew just seemed to not want to be there (which I don't find typical on most Carnival ships).  In our experience service was very slow in all restaurants.

I usually choose my cruises based on the itinerary, and based on what you've said, if I was in your shoes, I'd go with the second one. I'm always going to choose the trip with more stops I've never been to, unless there is something that is absolutely at the top of my bucket list!

Wouldn’t be a tough choice for me at all. Longer cruise and new ports! 

I will note that I have never had a Havana cabin, but have only ever been on one ship, Vista, that had it. I will also note that I love San Juan, and have booked cruises that depart from there.

5 hours ago, momof4girls said:

I can NOT decide which cruise to go with. I could really use other cruisers advice. 

Little about us to help decide…We are laid back and easy going. We rarely find anything to complain about and we are just as happy being on a ship that goes “nowhere” as we would be going on a ship that makes “magical stops”. I’ve cruised more than my dh, but either ship/class will be new to us. This will be our first cruise trying an inside stateroom🤞🏻, but we’ve tried balconies, cove balconies, and ocean views.  We LOVE visiting beaches or exploring on our own (i.e. renting a golf cart, etc)

We live far enough away we have to fly. Both leave out of Miami. 

We will be on the Horizon in two years for an 8-day southern Caribbean cruise. Unless we absolutely hate it, we are planning the same kind of stateroom. 

Cruise 1

Horizon 6 Day = Inside Havana Stateroom

• Jamaica = Been there 1x. We ziplined.
  • Grand Cayman = Been there 1x. Lovely beach day.
  • Cozumel = Been here a couple times. We love Cozumel. Went to Paradise both times although we want to try Nachi on our next visit. 

Cruise 2

Celebration 7 Day = Inside Stateroom

• Amber Cove = Never been. Have an upcoming family cruise stopping here April ‘24.
  • San Juan = Never been.
  • St. Maarten = Never been.

The Celebration cruise IS one more day and $100 more but does not have the “private” beautiful Havana area. 

How much more would it be to book a Havana cabin on the Celebration?

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

How much more would it be to book a Havana cabin on the Celebration?

Quite a bit more, and I don’t see how it’d be worth it. The Havana area on these class of ships is nothing like the Havana area on the Horizon (or the other two Vista class ships). 

I have been on both ships, the Celebration is beautiful (had a balcony for the TA in November) but i really liked the Havana area on the Horizon (had an interior Havana) that i would take the Horizon over the Celebration even for 1 less day.

But, there are many free food options on Celebration and it is shiny and new with ports you havent been to. Personally, i prefer a smaller ship. Keep in mind if the Celebration should miss any of the ports and you spend more time on the ship, which would you be happier with? 

This is a hard one for me. I love the Havana area on Horizon, but I am NOT a fan of Jamaica. I like Grand Cayman and Coz a lot tho.  I love the Excel class ships for all they offer, and I like that itinerary way better. Their Serenity area is pretty darn nice, but not quite as nice as Havana on the Vista class. That cruise is an extra day though... 

I guess in the end, if I were having to fly in, I would probably go with cruise #2 due to the extra day. 

Personally I would do cruise 2.  If you've been to the other ports before its fun to explore new places.  For my upcoming cruise I tried to find one that didn't stop in Cozumel bc I've been there a few times.  Still ended up going there though.

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

This is a hard one for me. I love the Havana area on Horizon, but I am NOT a fan of Jamaica. I like Grand Cayman and Coz a lot tho.  I love the Excel class ships for all they offer, and I like that itinerary way better. Their Serenity area is pretty darn nice, but not quite as nice as Havana on the Vista class. That cruise is an extra day though... 

I guess in the end, if I were having to fly in, I would probably go with cruise #2 due to the extra day. 

I am not a fan of Jamaica either. We were probably just going to stay on ship at that stop. 

4 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

I have been on both ships, the Celebration is beautiful (had a balcony for the TA in November) but i really liked the Havana area on the Horizon (had an interior Havana) that i would take the Horizon over the Celebration even for 1 less day.

But, there are many free food options on Celebration and it is shiny and new with ports you havent been to. Personally, i prefer a smaller ship. Keep in mind if the Celebration should miss any of the ports and you spend more time on the ship, which would you be happier with? 

I'm actually very surprised with your response! Especially since you had a balcony on Celebration.  I try very hard to not take a cruise for specific ports as I know that can happen. We love being on the ship enough that we are ok if we just cruise around the ocean for 7 days. 

Wow! I did not expect the replies to be so strong on one side. I WISH I could edit my original post to say that we are going on the Jubilee in October of 2024. It is doing the Western itinerary, but it will be the most "shiny, new ship" that Carnival will have to offer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I would go with the Celebration even though we love the Havana area on the Vista Class ships. More days always wins out with us. 😎

If you had the choice between an Ocean Suite midship 7371-7379 starboard...or havana cabana 5209-5223 on the horizon....and you get sea sick easily.....which would you choose both for seasick and perks

25 minutes ago, bluesea4me said:

If you had the choice between an Ocean Suite midship 7371-7379 starboard...or havana cabana 5209-5223 on the horizon....and you get sea sick easily.....which would you choose both for seasick and perks

if you are prone to getting seasick a midship cabin would be better. :classic_cool:

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

if you are prone to getting seasick a midship cabin would be better. :classic_cool:

That's what i figured....but with the wide open space and a door near there that says emergency exit...i have a feeling it will be slamming all day/night if i take the midship...any information on that?