Buying drink packages onboard

Peggy Tuten

I am thinking of booking my 1st Celebrity Cruise. (Will get Elite status match from Diamond + on Royal)

What is the difference between Classic and Premium other than price? I am sailing solo and they are looking £1500 for the drinks and wifi for 12 nights!! TIA

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I am thinking of booking my 1st Celebrity Cruise. (Will get Elite status match from Diamond + on Royal)

What is the difference between Classic and Premium other than price? I am sailing solo and they are looking £1500 for the drinks and wifi for 12 nights!! TIA

Here ya go!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

46 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Thank you...but $89 pppd for the classic! Wowzers!!🫣

Yes, it's pricey even when you account for soft drinks (including specialty coffee and bottled water) and the discount you can get as Elite. 

FYI, the "All Included" package can be something of a deal against pricing in drinks, wi-fi, and gratuties individually.

12 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

If you buy classic package on board, can it be purchased by just one person in a cabin?

It says in the fine print all adults in the cabin have to purchase the package.

Highlights

• Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.
Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Thank you...but $89 pppd for the classic! Wowzers!!🫣

By the way, it's almost always on "sale" via the cruise planner before you board.  It's not a big break ($8), but it's better than a kick in the pants.

Also as an aside, I mentioned the Always Included fare.  I look a look at one for another thread earlier today, and the AI package (classic beverage, standard wi-fi, and gratuities) was cheaper than the classic drink package all by itself.

7 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

By the way, it's almost always on "sale" via the cruise planner before you board.  It's not a big break ($8), but it's better than a kick in the pants.

True and you can use OBC pre cruise for the package too.