Live(ish) from Reflection 2/26 - 3/5/2023

DCPIV

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looking forward to following along.   Have a wonderful cruise

Thank you for giving us advice on the Signature Suite before we went. We took to heart that you enjoyed it, and we were so glad we did. Cheers! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, catgirl411 said:

Following along. We are booked into a Sky Suite for our October TransAtlantic. We’ve been on Reflection before but this will be our first Retreat experience. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

I read that you look forward to the retreat Experience. Will Reflection be revolutionized before your TA? We are booked on it too. Thanks.

1 minute ago, JackAms said:

I read that you look forward to the retreat Experience. Will Reflection be revolutionized before your TA? We are booked on it too. Thanks.

Not very likely that the Reflection will be revolutionized this year.  Some here are saying 2025.  No schedule for all of the remaining ships yet.  But you will enjoy Reflection as is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Not very likely that the Reflection will be revolutionized this year.  Some here are saying 2025.  No schedule for all of the remaining ships yet.  But you will enjoy Reflection as is.

Thanks! Not being in a suite, I love acces to the Solstice sundeck, Revolutionized this would most likely become the Retreat Deck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackAms said:

Thanks! Not being in a suite, I love acces to the Solstice sundeck, Revolutionized this would most likely become the Retreat Deck.

I've heard some complaints about this on the threads. I read where most of the upper-forward decks are no longer accessible by non-suite folks on Edge class and Revolutionized ships. Don't know if that is true.

We're on the sailing right after yours and excited to see your updates! 

Haven't been on the Reflection since 2016 in the Mediterranean where we loved it and don't mind it hasn't been revolutionized. 

We were on Summit recently that has been, and while I like some of the upgrades, I kind of missed the older room layouts. Felt like they got rid of a lot of storage. 

• Like 2

Just a quick update. 

Check in and boarding was smooth as silk. We showed up at the terminal around 10:45 and walked in board right about 11. Luggage service has been slow (no bags yet), but that's a port issue. 

The ship is in absolutely brilliant shape!

Lunch in Luminae was wonderful if a bit slow, but we sure as heck weren't in any hurry. We were excited to see Red, our sommelier from last Reflection cruise. He remembered that we enjoyed the tempranillo that went well with the steak frites I had for lunch. 

We had a fun reunion with Cranston before lunch. He's just a terrific guy. He's looking forward to having some family on board while we're at Ocho Rios (crew get to do that, and that's just magnificent).

Internet is out of sight. Very quick. It's quite something! 

For some reason there are around 200 pax who haven't checked in for muster. My mother taught me to say nothing is I can't say something nice.

Mom, I apologize for defying you, but these jack***es are jack***es.

Well, this wasn't so quick, so I guess I ought to post a photo. We finally got around to trying our astrological sign drinks at Sky Lounge. We liked them, even if they wouldn't be our first choice. The fun thing is that we each liked our own sign much more than we liked the other's.

20230226_153704.thumb.jpg.60d5fc8acb4a70c9c842df74ada9e289.jpg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We had a fun reunion with Cranston before lunch. He's just a terrific guy. He's looking forward to having some family on board while we're at Ocho Rios (crew get to do that, and that's just magnificent).

Cranston is terrific.  We have been with him in Michael's Club a few times.  He always makes the cruise better.  😊 

• Like 3

Have a great cruise.  Reflection is the only S class we haven't sailed on so we look forward to your review and pictures.  i am also very jealous as we are dealing with snow right now.  Crazy winter here this year for Vancouverites.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, catgirl411 said:

Following along. We are booked into a Sky Suite for our October TransAtlantic. We’ve been on Reflection before but this will be our first Retreat experience. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

We will also be on the Reflection on the October 19th Transatlantic.

See you onboard🛳

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 10:43 AM, 39august said:

Please advise your experiences in Luminae. I am  concerned about crowding as there are so many more suites on RF than EQ. We never have waited for a table nor not gotten our favorite table by a window on EQ in 4 cruises on her. Service has been great each time.  Also please advise how you find Michael's Club now that it is the Retreat lounge. Is there a bar or just servers there? Any entertainment there in the evening? Special presentations during the day? We have RF booked in a suite next Jan. 

I was on Reflection in Dec.  I never had a problem getting a table but I also eat late.  The same when I dined in Blu over Luminae. I recall at least one day with entertainers.  

On 2/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, DCPIV said:

Michael's still is Michael's on Reflection, and I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't looking forward to it over the Retreat Lounge.  The Retreat Lounge may be less crowded with furniture, and it may be "brighter," and it may have nice nibbles on a buffet, but I just cannot get into the place.  So, yes, the bar is there and tended (very well tended by all reports).  Neither my wife nor I recall live music in there, but we weren't in there every night.  We'll pay a little more attention this time.

I agree 100%.  I prefer Michael's Club and having a bar to the Retreat.  The bar in MC was crowded all evening until it closed.  

• Like 1

Yesterday was a great day! We pretty much bar hopped around the ship, enjoying one space or another. We had a lovely, very relaxing hour just sitting at a table outside the buffet and staring out at a beautiful afternoon. 

Dinner was at Luminae. It was good and busy when we showed up around 6:15, but service was excellent. The food was, too. I had the lamb loin, and it was perfectly cooked. 

A quick update on Michael's. It's still lovely. Olympia is a terrific bartender and is the primary one in there (Cranston relieves her for breaks but works more just outside at Ensemble). She made a fun, smoked Old Fashioned. 

20230226_163813.thumb.jpg.314f994e5f8d4275b7a5a010c0c325eb.jpg

They also moved the furniture around a little, and that made it easier to get around. 

20230226_163009.thumb.jpg.fc7ac8581f9fcbbaa906a9e6eef457e5.jpg

According to Olympia, only the pool bar will be open while we are in Grand Cayman.

We woke up today next to Beyond. 

Now that we've had a bit of breakfast in the room, we'll be off to be Winemakers for a Day at the Greycliff hotel. 

20230227_100703.thumb.jpg.dd31870c28eaa9176e40fc75c7008688.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/25/2023 at 7:57 PM, DCPIV said:

Thank you for giving us advice on the Signature Suite before we went. We took to heart that you enjoyed it, and we were so glad we did. Cheers! 

I really enjoyed that private little hallway.   I initially was concerned that it would be noisy since it was cut out of the Sky Lounge but it was really quiet.

Our hallway was abuzz one evening when the Guest in the Reflection Suite forgot to turn on the the frosted switch in the shower hanging out the side of the ship.   It wasn't pretty.   LOL

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2023 at 5:12 AM, 2chiefs said:

I've heard some complaints about this on the threads. I read where most of the upper-forward decks are no longer accessible by non-suite folks on Edge class and Revolutionized ships. Don't know if that is true.

It is true on Edge Class and Revolutionized M and S Class ships. 

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yesterday was a great day! We pretty much bar hopped around the ship, enjoying one space or another. We had a lovely, very relaxing hour just sitting at a table outside the buffet and staring out at a beautiful afternoon. 

Dinner was at Luminae. It was good and busy when we showed up around 6:15, but service was excellent. The food was, too. I had the lamb loin, and it was perfectly cooked. 

A quick update on Michael's. It's still lovely. Olympia is a terrific bartender and is the primary one in there (Cranston relieves her for breaks but works more just outside at Ensemble). She made a fun, smoked Old Fashioned. 

20230226_163813.thumb.jpg.314f994e5f8d4275b7a5a010c0c325eb.jpg

They also moved the furniture around a little, and that made it easier to get around. 

20230226_163009.thumb.jpg.fc7ac8581f9fcbbaa906a9e6eef457e5.jpg

According to Olympia, only the pool bar will be open while we are in Grand Cayman.

We woke up today next to Beyond. 

Now that we've had a bit of breakfast in the room, we'll be off to be Winemakers for a Day at the Greycliff hotel. 

20230227_100703.thumb.jpg.dd31870c28eaa9176e40fc75c7008688.jpg

Hay, We opened our shade on Beyond this morning and look who was next to us!

E4580EBD-2D2D-4B15-8364-66957672414B.thumb.jpeg.99e2a5755f876e770192c20601cb1b4e.jpeg

We board on Sunday to enjoy one of our favorites for 14 days rounding out the 47 total days we are doing! Great ship to end on!

Any idea who the servers are at the Sunset Bar? We spent 14 days last year on Reflection and they were outstanding!

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, DCPIV said:

We are underway, despite many pleas from our dog to stay home. 

20230225_075408.thumb.jpg.9363acc57ed842f76697a3a0ac83d1f0.jpg

20230225_080908.thumb.jpg.02c289f62a86a72b190b3d64430a7891.jpg

It wasn't easy, but we managed to pull ourselves away so that we could get to that "eat, drink, and be merry" part at the airport. With any luck, we'll be on the plane in about an hour and in Fort Lauderdale just in time to check in at the hotel. 

Cheers! 

20230225_093441.jpg

This Dog looks familiar did we look at photos while making some wine today? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I really enjoyed that private little hallway.   I initially was concerned that it would be noisy since it was cut out of the Sky Lounge but it was really quiet.

Our hallway was abuzz one evening when the Guest in the Reflection Suite forgot to turn on the the frosted switch in the shower hanging out the side of the ship.   It wasn't pretty.   LOL

It is silent. The quietest passageway on board, I suspect. 

And Golly! The other time we were on on here, the folks in the Reflection Suite were rather gregarious and threatened more than once to do what you mentioned! 🤣

4 hours ago, countess5 said:

Hay, We opened our shade on Beyond this morning and look who was next to us!

E4580EBD-2D2D-4B15-8364-66957672414B.thumb.jpeg.99e2a5755f876e770192c20601cb1b4e.jpeg

We board on Sunday to enjoy one of our favorites for 14 days rounding out the 47 total days we are doing! Great ship to end on!

Any idea who the servers are at the Sunset Bar? We spent 14 days last year on Reflection and they were outstanding!

Cheers! 

We can see our balcony! Thanks! I'm sorry we didn't come out and wave!

57 minutes ago, cmaleblanc said:

This Dog looks familiar did we look at photos while making some wine today? 

Small world! Enjoy your sweet wine! 😉🥂

• Like 1