New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

2 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I definitely have a sweet tooth, but just looking at these gives me a sour stomach.  But its my opinion, I'm sure this is just what some people want.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to eat this rubbish. Just a diabetes attack in a glass. 

I almost feel like getting one, as it is included on my package,  having one mouthful, and then returning it, so as to make a point to Princess.

If enough people did it, perhaps the Princess marketing department would realise their mistake. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Alaska Lily said:

I appreciate Princess trying to give “added value” to “plus” packages but… is it just me or does this whole “premium dessert “ thing seem like a bad idea?  

Depends from whose perspective you are evaluating the good/bad idea. Great idea for Princess. Bad idea for customers. Provide people with grats, drinks and WiFi for $50 per day—good for Princess. Provide grats, drinks, WiFi and toadstool sandwiches with arsenic sauce coupled with root canals for $60 per day—even better. It looks like the customer is getting even MORE for their money, but if no one partakes in the sandwiches and dental treatments, there is no overhead and the return on investment for Princess is pure profit. Now, more people will bite on the desserts and fitness classes than they would the toadstool sandwiches and root canals. But not by much. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 2/23/2023 at 10:51 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I don't believe the Smize ice cream is counted as the Premium Desserts Princess offers for their packages. According to the website.

Screenshot2023-02-25191905.thumb.png.264e79b69ca7df8090ff4c6d6fa8fe78.png

On 2/23/2023 at 10:40 PM, talkorpi said:

I have no idea where to find these pictures people always mention. Would you be able to provide a link?

Same here. I have yet to see a cruise passenger post an actual photo of them. The only photos I've seen are the dressed up looking ones Princess provides on their website. I would love to see what they actually look like. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 7:30 PM, khaleesi921 said:

Screenshot2023-02-25191905.thumb.png.264e79b69ca7df8090ff4c6d6fa8fe78.png

"Only available during open hours of the venue at which dessert is available."

I wonder what that venue will be.

Ice cream stand on the Lido deck?

Main dining rooms?

International Cafe?

Good Spirits?

other?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We will be on the Ruby in April and will be looking for this new dessert before making our decision as to its quality.

I think we are on the same cruise - planning on doing the same thing.  If nobody has been able to find one of these mystery desserts by then, I might just have to order one and post it here no matter how good it looks just so people can see it! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I think we are on the same cruise - planning on doing the same thing.  If nobody has been able to find one of these mystery desserts by then, I might just have to order one and post it here no matter how good it looks just so people can see it! 😉

The one bit of good news is that up to now the calorie count = 0!

• Like 1

Those deserts look absolutely ridiculous...who in their right mind puts lollipops and mini bottles of Gin into an ice cream Sunday?  Maybe they should have just kept things simple and offered Gelato, warm brownie Sundays, cookie ice cream sandwiches or something along those lines as part of the premium deserts.

• Like 5

I have the premium package on my June Royal cruise to Alaska. Those desserts above are not the least bit appealing, BUT a regular scoop of gelato would be fantastic….since gelato is normally an additional cost (correct)?  would that be considered a “premium” dessert and therefore included in the package or just these ridiculous concoctions that most people over the age of 12 would be embarrassed to eat in public 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, khaleesi921 said:

I have yet to see a cruise passenger post an actual photo of them. The only photos I've seen are the dressed up looking ones Princess provides on their website. I would love to see what they actually look like. 

Probably the same as looking at a hamburger ad on TV and then looking at the actual product. There is never really much resemblance between the two.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I would much rather they offered to make me a good malt. I ordered one on Emerald Princess one time and asked them to put "lots and lots and lots" of malt in it. The guy did as I asked and it was the best malt I have had in a very long time. I don't know if they even make regular milkshakes anywhere anymore on Princess. I'd much rather have a good shake or malt than the abominations in the picture. (I'd take the mini bottle though...😎)

As for the exercise classes... I think I looked at the gym on one or two cruises but it was by accident when we were just wandering around.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Probably the same as looking at a hamburger ad on TV and then looking at the actual product. There is never really much resemblance between the two.

That's because food ads use things like mashed potatoes and other things that don't melt under the camera lights.  Really interesting to see how they actually stage these photo shoots.

• Like 1

I know these aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I think they’re a nice addition.  I’m guessing there’ll be boozy and non-boozy versions.  And I can definitely see sharing a non-boozy one with my 6yo.  I am hoping there will be some way of keeping the lollipop handles from getting sticky, so they can be a treat for later.

These are a little over the top, but not that far from Black Tap’s milkshakes (at $20 each), and they seem to sell okay.

I definitely want to see the final versions though.  Bailey, Amaretto, or Kahlua over ice cream are all pretty good.  Gin, and vodka?  😜

DE912AA3-4A0A-4F1C-A631-DF52C0F760F9.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

I know these aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I think they’re a nice addition.  I’m guessing there’ll be boozy and non-boozy versions.  And I can definitely see sharing a non-boozy one with my 6yo.  I am hoping there will be some way of keeping the lollipop handles from getting sticky, so they can be a treat for later.

These are a little over the top, but not that far from Black Tap’s milkshakes (at $20 each), and they seem to sell okay.

I definitely want to see the final versions though.  Bailey, Amaretto, or Kahlua over ice cream are all pretty good.  Gin, and vodka?  😜

DE912AA3-4A0A-4F1C-A631-DF52C0F760F9.jpeg

I cannot imagine that anyone could eat two of those every day. It reminds me of the over the top Bloody Mary’s that have a whole chicken as a garnish 

• Haha 2

Ok folks! Someone on the Enchanted had posted the deserts on FB with the following to say..... 

"I’m on Enchanted Princess, and today was the rollout of the new “Premium Desserts” menu. If you have the Princess Plus package, it now includes TWO Premium desserts per day.  

The ice cream sundaes are enormous and filled with things like brownies and candy. They have giant lollipops as decorations. I was even given a mini bottle of vodka to pour over it! The cake options are giant slices that are close to a foot high. The slice is too tall to stand on its own without falling!

In my opinion, this new program is wasteful, since you can’t finish the desserts. It is also VERY time consuming for the people making the sundaes, and lines will be crazy. As cool as these things look, and as delicious as they taste, it just isn’t practical."

FB_IMG_1677577804561.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577807755.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577811307.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577813459.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577815840.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577817966.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577820045.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577822249.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6