Updated C&A perks

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I realized that we are getting our first crystal block soon. Curious if anyone had this experience - If we don’t actually get it on our 140 pt sailing, and I am persistent with calling C&A, will I get mailed the block for the right ship?

It could take a while. I'm still waiting for allure from dec. I called C&A 2 days ago and was told at least the end of April but it could be later. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Who spotted the laundry offer is now just on one day… so you both have to send it on the same day to get it for free…

30 On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services.

That does suck

• Like 2

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Who spotted the laundry offer is now just on one day… so you both have to send it on the same day to get it for free…

30 On 5+ night sailings only, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive one free $34.99 bag of laundry on Wash & Fold Day. Only valid on the day of the ship’s Wash & Fold laundry promotion. Not valid for any pressing or dry-cleaning services.

Perhaps the wash and fold restriction in only for the shorter 5 nights sailings?    I'll be on Wonder B2B  (7N/7N) soon and will see what happens. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Perhaps the wash and fold restriction in only for the shorter 5 nights sailings?    I'll be on Wonder B2B  (7N/7N) soon and will see what happens. 

M

There is no W&F on sailings under 5n ( not sure if that’s another new “enhancement” or not?) 

20 hours ago, vjmatty said:

That is it.... and new cruisers, with everything new cruisers buy like RC excursions, photographs, art auction pieces and overpriced jewelry.

Hmmm. When we were new cruisers, we wer younger, had less income and with kids had more expenses.  We figured getting to cruise was THE excitement and we spent VERY little beyond gratuities.  We did not buy photos or drinks, we did not do specialty dining.  We didn't go to the spa, etc.

Around about when we hit Diamond on RCI, as the kids were hitting their late teens and our income got better, plus we were getting a little "bored" with the smiliarity from cruise to cruise, we started buying speicalty dining or packages on about half our trips.  I usually go to the spa once or twice. We pay for virtual reality or cupcake decorating or sushi making, etc.  We buy drinks as we ant them once the vouchers run out, or wine for dinner, or the refreshment package, etc.  AND we nearly always bring along friends who are not cruisers, friends who would not quite be up for trying it on their own....most all of whome them continue to cruise after that.

We have cruises this year into January of next booked, things booked from before the prices jumped.  We'll keep those, but based on recent experiences, paired with continued cutbacks, soaring prices and lack of flexibility in booking, we are shifting to more land based trips with some Princess or Disney cruises thrown in for 2024 and beyond at this point.  It's not a threat or a tantrum, etc...just a shift based on RCI slowly but steadily eroding the value and joy we find on their offerings to a point at which it is no longer among our top choices.

That said, on our January cruise on Anthem we had a mix of old and new menus.  Our food was good and we particularly liked the new menus.  We thought they were very good, lots of good choices, well prepared, and the best desserts we have had on RCI....not so pretty but actually tasty.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

“This spring, we're debuting limited-edition crystal blocks while supplies last.“

what happens when supplies run out?!

Where are you seeing that quote?  I saw the one on the OP.

CRYSTAL BLOCKS, NOW IN COLOR
This spring, we’ll debut brand new, full-color crystal blocks! We’ll be saying goodbye to current designs over the next several months as we transition to our new look. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

This spring, we’ll debut brand new, full-color crystal blocks! We’ll be saying goodbye to current designs over the next several months as we transition to our new look. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter.

It’s in the February C&A newsletter received yesterday 

This spring, we're debuting limited-edition crystal blocks while supplies last. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter. We will be transitioning to these new blocks as
we say goodbye to the current designs.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

In the Crown&Anchor Newsletter..

NewBitmapImage(3).jpg.cbcfecd1ee7071dd85c3e6bd9470d006.jpg

So are they 'limited-edition' or not?

Edited by icsys

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If you are lucky.  We made a point of not asking for ice the first day on our last cruise and we did not get ice at any time during the cruise.  

The only request I make of the cabin steward on every sailing is for the ice bucket to be refilled twice per day. I know if you don't ask for it, it won't happen automatically.  Found this out the hard way once 😉

Not sure how this will work under the new "once" per day service, but I intend to request it anyway.  They don't have to clean my room, just bring some ice.  If they won't, then I guess I'll proceed to the closet bar with my ice bucket and ask for a refill 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

It’s in the February C&A newsletter received yesterday 

This spring, we're debuting limited-edition crystal blocks while supplies last. Members receive their first crystal block at 140 cruise points and earn subsequent blocks for every 70 points thereafter. We will be transitioning to these new blocks as
we say goodbye to the current designs.

I got an email on 2/28 that states the same as the OP.  I didn't get an email yesterday with a newsletter.  I don't get any of the marketing or sales emails, not matter how many times I have tried to have it fixed.  I only get stuff that goes out specifically related to C&A or to a booking.

2 hours ago, icsys said:

If there is only one day per sailing when everyone gets the wash and fold promotion, it could be a very busy day for the laundry staff!

I use the wash and fold service almost every sailing, and I've always sent it on the day it was noted in the cruise planner (usually day 5) on a 7 night sailing.  That's usually when the cabin attendant leaves the wash and fold bag in the room.  I didn't know you could previously request it any time during the sailing.....interesting!

9 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

I use the wash and fold service almost every sailing, and I've always sent it on the day it was noted in the cruise planner (usually day 5) on a 7 night sailing.  That's usually when the cabin attendant leaves the wash and fold bag in the room.  I didn't know you could previously request it any time during the sailing.....interesting!

There’s always a laundry bag in the wardrobe. I haven’t received the little plastic bag for several cruises; just use the bigger paper bag. Get more in. 

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I got an email on 2/28 that states the same as the OP.  I didn't get an email yesterday with a newsletter.  I don't get any of the marketing or sales emails, not matter how many times I have tried to have it fixed.  I only get stuff that goes out specifically related to C&A or to a booking.

All I get are notices related to a booking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

That said, on our January cruise on Anthem we had a mix of old and new menus.  Our food was good and we particularly liked the new menus.  We thought they were very good, lots of good choices, well prepared, and the best desserts we have had on RCI....not so pretty but actually tasty.  

I was on Odyssey the first week of February and feel the same about the food as you on Anthem. In fact I commented one night that RCI has finally learned how to make desserts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

There is no W&F on sailings under 5n ( not sure if that’s another new “enhancement” or not?) 

Thank you BUT I did not write shorter than 5 nights,  I wrote the shorter five-night sailings.    There is a difference in the two.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thank you BUT I did not write shorter than 5 nights,  I wrote the shorter five-night sailings.    There is a difference in the two.  

M

And the original text refers to “On 5+ night sailings only, ”. Meaning 5n and longer.  

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

And the original text refers to “On 5+ night sailings only, ”. Meaning 5n and longer.  

Thanks   - It was just an idea that maybe it pertained to the 5-night cruises with fewer days to have laundry done.    I guess we'll all see soon enough.  

M

3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

They don't have to clean my room, just bring some ice.  If they won't, then I guess I'll proceed to the closet bar with my ice bucket and ask for a refill 🤣

Take the empty ice bucket to Guest Services and ask them to refill it.  See how many times you have to do that before someone gets the message.  

"Hi, I asked my room attended to fill my ice bucket twice a day but he's only doing it once a day.  Can you please fill my ice bucket for me?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Take the empty ice bucket to Guest Services and ask them to refill it.  See how many times you have to do that before someone gets the message.  

"Hi, I asked my room attended to fill my ice bucket twice a day but he's only doing it once a day.  Can you please fill my ice bucket for me?" 

They'll send room service up with ice and you'll have to pay a service charge for the delivery. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/28/2023 at 4:38 PM, PIC33 said:

This is the toiletry bag we got in December as a holiday gift on Jewel. I assume the C&A bags would be the same. Sorry, no dimensions since we already re-gifted them.

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

Thanks, not crazy about those, they look like cloth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

We would be anxious to know that too. Kindly report back 🙂