Is The Lamb any good on Celebrity?

ChucktownSteve

I've had it from a number of venues on a number of ships and usually been very pleased. If it's not good, it's typically for the classic reason lamb isn't good--overcooked. Send it back and get that fixed, and you're good to go. 

We've always enjoyed the lamb on Celebrity.  I was convinced I hated lamb until Celebrity when I knew I could order it and get something else if I didn't like it.  Haven't looked back.  That's one of the great things about cruising, trying things you would not ordinarily eat or order in a restaurant.

• Like 3

I've had good and not-so-good on all ships, always in the MDR.  There are some cruises where I ask if I should get "xyz or the lamb (or duck or beef)"  and the waiter advises me accordingly.  One cruise the lamb was the best ever.  On another cruise it was the duck and on yet another the beef never disappointed.  Maybe it depends on the supplier?   

Luminae is always excellent.   Every time I've ordered it has been  cooked to a perfect Medium Rare by request.

I would say the one offered in other venues have also been tender, tasty and cooked properly.    Especially good at the Lawn Club, Murano, Fine Cut and Tuscan.

I am one that prefers Lamb to beef and miss the Lamb Burger they use to have in Luminae for lunch.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I had thought the lamb shank disappeared from the menu. I’ll have to look closer!

It was in Blu so I’m not sure if it’s in the MDR. 🤞🤞

What about using:

Mint Sauce instead of Mint Jelly?

Big difference in taste and flavor.

Ships very seldom have Mint Sauce as it is more expensive. We bring our own.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What about using:

Would you please pass the Grey Poupon ? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

What about using:

How about no sauce, which is how I order it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cbfb said:

It was in Blu so I’m not sure if it’s in the MDR. 🤞🤞

Yes it is, we were on Silhouette last week and had lamb shank in the MDR…cooked to med rare as requested and enjoyed by both of those in our party who ordered it. They also had a lamb in phyllo pastry and a lamb roast on other nights. All were very good. 

• Like 2

We have the Lawn Club grill booked for our first night on the Reflection and I was all set to get the steak.  Now you are all confusing me and I don't know which one to have.  Will they give me a lamb shank to share with my son-in-law?  

I am in agreement with @Jim_Iain I prefer lamb over beef. On the Reflection last year the rack of lamb that was served in Luminae and the Tuscan grill was far superior to any of the beef steaks we had in any venue. One night we had sliced lamb loin in Luminae and it was also very good.