Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

49 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I’ll be following along wishing I was there. 

You will be missed!!  There are several in the group unable to attend and wish all of them were able to join us. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, jk04 said:

You will be missed!!  There are several in the group unable to attend and wish all of them were able to join us. 🙂

To easy. I was dying to use this. Thanks

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 20

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal had all kinds of fun stuff planned for us

New menus in MDR

Once a day stateroom service

Construction Zone in Entertainment Place

5000 Spring Break kids

Well the last is unlikely, but it may seem like that

Forgot 1 bottle of wine per adult vs 2 per cabin.

That's gonna hurt

• Like 4

Just now, The sea calls my name said:

If she wants to come along on this _(adjective TBD)__ adventure I can't wait to see her "beg" face when you begin the packing for your world cruise.

She has a ruff life on the beach when we sail

• Like 5

This group makes me so very happy!  After 18 months of waiting - me too, (and all of us lurkers seldom posting).  I can't even imagine all the fun and silliness that's going to happen.  Thank you,  thank you for taking the time to post, the videos, just all of it.  Much appreciated.  Wishing safe travels for all.

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Forgot 1 bottle of wine per adult vs 2 per cabin.

That's gonna hurt

I'm sure some friends at the dock will help you out.  🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ocean sounds said:

This will be a fun read!  Can we look forward to another Bella Cake?

Bon voyage, everyone! 🛳🥂🏝⛱

Doubtful 

But it did pop up in my FB feed today.

Screenshot_20230309-152654_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6364ab7a1449c5dbf97404fd07326722.jpg

3 years ago😱

• Like 22
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Doubtful 

But it did pop up in my FB feed today.

Screenshot_20230309-152654_Facebook.thumb.jpg.6364ab7a1449c5dbf97404fd07326722.jpg

3 years ago😱

Realy!  That was 3 years ago!  Doesn’t seem that long 

was it your Allure to Barcelona and you and Laura were lucky to fly out before Spain locked down?

• Like 1

Good afternoon. 

To start at the beginning, a little background information. And just a refresher for some who follow live threads. 

I am sure many are familiar with our talented men who came up to the plate to use their skills  in planning this thread. 

A couple years back,  this cruise was in the planning stages by @John&LaLa.  One by one others joined in;  A&L_Ont, lionesss and  Sea Dog. 

Now it took some convincing on my part to join this cruise, because we never traveled in the winter with the possibility of snowstorms.  After some discussions, the spouse agreed and I can happily say I was not going to be on the outside looking in. 

56E321B0-D72C-4EF6-B0DD-84979F996F04.thumb.jpeg.774c78d6b42d009825b6702d27d5d6ee.jpeg

During this time, we got to know one another as well as those who booked this cruise. 

It was somewhere in the last few months it was talked about who would do the live thread. Then it was decided to incorporate the input of cruisers who have shared their travels and talents before. 

To begin with John&LaLa are the most experienced travelers and they have been able to provide great insight. 

Next is A&L_Ont,  it is through his many live threads we all got to appreciate his adventures and reviews of cruise life as well as excursions. 

Next, Sea Dog. Now he has to be one of the best videographers known as his trophy case displays. His videos are top notch. 
He was gifted a remarkable talent. And deserved credit for all his hard work. 

Now me. I have over the last few years presented two live reviews as well as one summary review.  Now when your dealing with “ modern technology” and me - one who used the slide rule in physics, it is hard to learn new trends. So my posts will be old fashioned pictures with dialogue. 

So the three wise men worked diligently to prepare, plan and begin this thread, Deserve the utmost recognition. 

As for me, in addition to the core group of men who will keep the thread exciting. I will be your commercials.

Story  time.

The first dilemma was finding a sitter. 

6A0FC73B-5E1B-480A-8C9A-99C6D3BFCC4F.thumb.jpeg.ef4298f8a105249206260a4dc4021c66.jpeg

Our Lizzy is 9 months old and needed a babysitter. 

So, since it is spring break our DD, SIL and three kids will be house sitting. CDCE4DFD-1430-46BF-8FC2-7F518E4C9453.thumb.jpeg.89cf2d8fc9b3bf2457bef69d28de445b.jpeg

Daughter and son in law

with
Granddaughter above. 

Grand pups below. 

ABA5176C-EF88-4471-855F-8363D1D3867F.thumb.jpeg.04d9aecddaa3e4a4389ddf3439e08de4.jpeg

So now as I write this. I have been following the weather channel. And flying could get interesting. 

CB886AD8-DAF2-4D5B-8491-BFA38F01B0FF.thumb.jpeg.0d1c2d1f270d31d283ea332f99645a8a.jpeg

So hopefully, the flights will be on time. 

So for now. 

Your roving reporter is signing off. 

And to think. If it were not for Miss Bella this  live update would not have happened. 

lionesss 

15:43. 

877F5270-EDCE-442F-BBDB-8E9FD9CD1AD0.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 7

26 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

Realy!  That was 3 years ago!  Doesn’t seem that long 

was it your Allure to Barcelona and you and Laura were lucky to fly out before Spain locked down?

Correct. I think we flew home via London on March 14th

• Like 1

Packing and organizing is continuing. 

Most that know me here know that I have the same gene that @singinalot has and that is one of precision planning and organizing. I'm not OCD, I'm CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order - as they should be. I always make a schedule pre-cruise. Now of course everything is subject to change as I schedule my spontaneity 2 weeks in advance but I like seeing the whole week in front of me. Not to mention when I go to get specialty restaurant reservations on embarkation day.

Here is what the week is looking like for me and Mrs. Sea Dog.

BellaCruiseSchedule2.thumb.png.292a0a2009cc92ecea6ae547388284b1.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3