Oasis of the Seas Live - We’ve been Saved by the Bell 🐾🐾 March 12-19, 2023. ​​​​​​​

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Packing and organizing is continuing. 

Most that know me here know that I have the same gene that @singinalot has and that is one of precision planning and organizing. I'm not OCD, I'm CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order - as they should be. I always make a schedule pre-cruise. Now of course everything is subject to change as I schedule my spontaneity 2 weeks in advance but I like seeing the whole week in front of me. Not to mention when I go to get specialty restaurant reservations on embarkation day.

Here is what the week is looking like for me and Mrs. Sea Dog.

BellaCruiseSchedule2.thumb.png.292a0a2009cc92ecea6ae547388284b1.png

My spreadsheet looks very similar.  Although mine is in columns instead of rows.  See you at the Beach Club and Jamie’s. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I'm excited for this cruise.  Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday for Kraken Coladas!

Not sure how many Kraken Coladas we will have,  most frozen drinks are just too heavy for me, but will definitely share one with the group.  Looking forward to meeting everyone, can't believe it's actually here!!

I too have a similar spreadsheet, lots to keep track of and like to have it all laid out on one page.

Hope to keep up with this thread but we will see, try to not do too many electronics onboard.  Bon Voyage all, see you Sunday 😁.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Not sure how many Kraken Coladas we will have,  most frozen drinks are just too heavy for me, but will definitely share one with the group.  Looking forward to meeting everyone, can't believe it's actually here!!

I too have a similar spreadsheet, lots to keep track of and like to have it all laid out on one page.

Hope to keep up with this thread but we will see, try to not do too many electronics onboard.  Bon Voyage all, see you Sunday 😁.

Frozen drinks always give me a brain freeze

Much prefer martini type drinks and old fashioned 

I will do a Dark n Stormy with Kraken if y'all don't drink it all

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This all started on a whim. 18 months ago

I saw Ken and Andrew had it booked, so I invited myself along. Then I casually asked my TA about setting up a group. It all snowballed from there🤣

Both surprised and humbled that so many folks from our little Floataway Lounge thread would be interested in meeting in person.😇

Lol I thought you said you picked this week because it was Laura's birthday. I was wondering if there will be a special celebration onboard. 

Home, but havent started to pack. Tomorrow.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I thought you said you picked this week because it was Laura's birthday. I was wondering if there will be a special celebration onboard. 

Home, but havent started to pack. Tomorrow.  

That was 1 considering factor

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Frozen drinks always give me a brain freeze

Much prefer martini type drinks and old fashioned 

I will do a Dark n Stormy with Kraken if y'all don't drink it all

I’ll usually drink the frozen drinks during the day when I’m outside and it’s hot. At night I’m a cocktail kind of guy.

• Like 3

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who has a spreadsheet with the schedule for the week on it. 😂

I also have a cruise notebook with everything printed out, in sheet protectors with tab dividers.  Luggage tags have been properly laminated before putting inside the tag holders.  🙃😁

Edited by jk04
  • Like 9

We drove down to FL from RI last weekend and have spent the week at Walt Disney World.  Driving to Miami Saturday morning.  So I think we’re the first out of staters to arrive in FL, but not in the Miami area. It looks like that’ll be the 

@A&L_Ont family who are flying down tonight. 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, jk04 said:

You will be missed!!  There are several in the group unable to attend and wish all of them were able to join us. 🙂

We all hope you have a fantastic time! As I slave away at the office, I will be checking in here for the shenanigans! 😁

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just down at the gate and Owen found this. Allie is with us in spirit. 

8E998D38-93C8-4D3E-B754-38FF695009C4.thumb.jpeg.27301391dab342f5d4d1d507705afdcf.jpeg

dinner at…

BB714B12-C5A9-4D9F-8491-A7A32839E318.thumb.jpeg.cfb7d6b9b5863f9f1e302a3e27e1edd5.jpeg

Nothing says classy airport more than a fountain.

@Sea Dogdoes Kansas City have one in the new terminal?

F555CE1F-ED64-4A92-A052-5ABDF4FB811D.thumb.jpeg.86cbc483cb4483fcf95d5a5d728c3edf.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 42
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Nothing says classy airport more than a fountain.

@Sea Dogdoes Kansas City have one in the new terminal?

It has a light fountain that is pretty cool. I’ll take a pic and post it when we leave. We have all these new restaurants but I don’t think any of them will be open that early in the morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

@A&L_Ont Andrew, have a super safe trip.  Are you the first to hit the road ?

By flight I think so.

We originally had flights booked for Saturday at 3pm. Then a snow event started to show up on the weather app for Saturday, so we switched the flight to Friday at 2pm. Well the storm decided to come a day early. Friday morning, early in fact. So now we fly tonight, last direct flight today. We land at 11:45. 

Instead of MIA, we are now going into FLL. We are staying in Hollywood, with Mr Buffett. We fly home from MIA back to Detroit. 

Thank goodness we booked fully refundable. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_8403.thumb.PNG.e2cb1c8e285bc69157f734c0139e3c2d.PNG

Greetings! Sea Dog here as one of your hosts to this review of our FOB cruise. Thank you Andrew for the kind words. I hope everyone enjoys the hype video to get you in the mood to follow our adventure.

As Andrew mentioned there is over 30 of us Cruise Critic members who are cruising together. Wondering who’s with us? Take a look.

Now in order to go on a cruise several things must happen. First and foremost we book our longtime pet sitter to watch our little monsters. 

IMG_0529.thumb.jpg.74db64f3d022a8d68eb29395b7a8a609.jpg

Bella will be home as well as Charlie and Lizzy. I hear they have set up iBark chat so that they can communicate while we are gone.

Here is some of the things they may talk about.

A lot of other things to do to get ready including ironing my Sea Dog apparel.

IMG_0538.thumb.jpeg.2218d2f30e90089757ce3b6370467cd7.jpeg

And then on to packing. Packing a suitcase is like trying to stuff a turkey. You keep shoving things in until you think it's going to explode. 

I actually am a expert at packing a suitcase. I can fit three weeks' worth of clothes into a carry-on bag, but I can't remember where I put my toothbrush. My approach to packing is like playing Tetris with your clothes. Now when packing it’s very, very important to pack your cruise essentials. In an effort to educate and inform, I have put together a little video of the essential things you should pack for your cruise. Please watch this important public service video.

Saturday Linda and I fly out of the brand new KCI terminal. Our flight is at 6:30am so we will be getting up at “0 Dark Thirty” (No stealth choppers) to get to the airport. I’ll post some pics then. Until then I’m glad you will be following along with our shenanigans.

Cheers! Sea Dog

I am loving all these videos.    I see you remembered to put the whip in your case like Capt Lee 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure you all know being super-organized and even super-extremely organized as a personality trait is not OCD. If you have ever had a family member or friend diagnosed with OCD, you will understand. 

I hope all of you have a wonderful and very fun cruise!! 🛳️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1