Internet question as diamond

Next month we have our first ever 3 day cruise. My plan is to use my diamond internet day when we set sail, then use my wife's the next 24 hours, leaving us only missing one day of internet. Dumb question, but I've always bought the internet ahead of time, for that one day, basically the last day of the cruise, how do I purchase the one day of internet and use my diamond/prime status discount for the $20 or whatever it is per day?

4 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Yes, you can buy a single day, however, I don't think you can apply the diamond discount if you've already used your free day.

@twangster can confirm.

Correct - you get a free day OR a discount towards a Voom plan purchased onboard the ship. 

• Thanks 1

You might be able to get by with just two days.   Maybe try skipping internet the first night (use cell service until the ship sails and then enjoy the evening unconnected).  Then use free day starting day 2 morning.  Then again on day 3.  When you wake up on you’ll be disembarking so you’ll have cell service again.  Or you could just skip internet on day 2 if you’ll be in port a lot (and it is a Saturday so why not disconnect for a day).   Just a thought.   I’ve never done this, but I probably would if didn’t need Internet the first night or on a Saturday for some particular reason.  

• Like 10

You can use both (1 on the 1st or 2nd day, and the other on the last day) as long as you use a unique user name for each and don't mind being bounced off when your spouse wants to use the internet.

The other option is to use one credit on the first day, the second credit on the second day, and then purchase one for the last day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, topnole said:

You might be able to get by with just two days.   Maybe try skipping internet the first night (use cell service until the ship sails and then enjoy the evening unconnected).  Then use free day starting day 2 morning.  Then again on day 3.  When you wake up on you’ll be disembarking so you’ll have cell service again.

We did this before. If you're up late you can sign up once it's past midnight.

54 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I wonder if my prime discount would work for one day. 

Yes but 30% off cost

Our experience having asked the Voom desk support people.

My DD had to use all her D+ freebie 1st then go to Voom desk and they applied the Prime discount as a credit for the remainder of the journey against what she purchased for one day 

So on a four day cruise

Day 1 (Didn’t use)

Day 2 D+ ($24.99) Free
Day 3 D+ ($24.99) Free
Day 4 Prime 30% Discount ($7.99)

I kind of remember them explaining it can only be done this way when Diamond coupons are also used

That may be old news, but was valid when this occurred Nov 2022

YMMV

Happy Days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Isn’t it 24 hours from login regardless?   I ask cause I thought it was, but I don’t know for sure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topnole said:

You might be able to get by with just two days.   Maybe try skipping internet the first night (use cell service until the ship sails and then enjoy the evening unconnected).  Then use free day starting day 2 morning.  Then again on day 3.  When you wake up on you’ll be disembarking so you’ll have cell service again.  Or you could just skip internet on day 2 if you’ll be in port a lot (and it is a Saturday so why not disconnect for a day).   Just a thought.   I’ve never done this, but I probably would if didn’t need Internet the first night or on a Saturday for some particular reason.  

If you have AT&T you can use international cellular for $10 a day.  Call and talk to them!  Just off Allure and their internet was not great during our cruise.

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Isn’t it 24 hours from login regardless?   I ask cause I thought it was, but I don’t know for sure. 

Correct, the period starts when you first login so it makes no sense to start it at midnight unless you are going to be up all night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topnole said:

Maybe try skipping internet the first night (use cell service until the ship sails and then enjoy the evening unconnected). 

Cruisers might want to be cautious on that. Once you board, HIGHLY advised to go into airplane mode.

I have also encountered a situation where they put the cost of the internet up (quite subtantially) on the last day of the cruise, probably because they knew lots of people would be wanting it to check in for their flights home.
If we had known in advance that they might do this, we would have purchased the second last day (2 sea days on the way back) and used our free day for the last day.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Every cruise its changed at midnight until this one, radiance I got off today. Lol 2 am it changed. Had to wait 2 extra hours. They are on to me. 

I have the price for what 2 days and 2 days discount, diamond plus. 39.99, went down to 15.99 I seem to remember paying for just one day. 

Paying for the one day minus my discount for 2 days. 

20230404_012326203.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

New to Diamond and sorry to hitchhike, but how to you access a free day of Internet on a device?  Is it done through the app?

When you are onboard, go to onboardicafe.com and it will show you your options and your discount. 

I've had to type it in a few times. It's the same place that should come up asking do you want to log in or use the app for free.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jencruzin said:

Cruisers might want to be cautious on that. Once you board, HIGHLY advised to go into airplane mode.

We always use T-Mobile service while in port (sailaway port or others). Never any charges. I just don’t get any internet inside of the ship other than top deck or near windows in restaurants and such. There I apply airplane mode.