Azamara Transition Issues and Flights by Celebrity Air Tickets

JAT0303

We have an upcoming Azamara cruise sailing from Barcelona on May 30th.  We used Flights by Celebrity (before the March split) to reserve airline tickets in October 2022 and they were paid for in January 2023.  I've been getting anxious with all of the problems and tried to track it down this morning.   The Azamara phone message says to call Celebrity Air.  I called them and they have no record of any flights and said all of the information was given to Azamara.  I'm now on hold with Azamara (an hour so far.)  I know that flights aren't usually ticketed until 45 days before the cruise but at this point I would like them ticketed now.  Has anyone dealt with this type of issue since the problems started with the transition?

Edited by JAT0303

2 hours ago, JAT0303 said:

We have an upcoming Azamara cruise sailing from Barcelona on May 30th.  We used Flights by Celebrity (before the March split) to reserve airline tickets in October 2022 and they were paid for in January 2023.  I've been getting anxious with all of the problems and tried to track it down this morning.   The Azamara phone message says to call Celebrity Air.  I called them and they have no record of any flights and said all of the information was given to Azamara.  I'm now on hold with Azamara (an hour so far.)  I know that flights aren't usually ticketed until 45 days before the cruise but at this point I would like them ticketed now.  Has anyone dealt with this type of issue since the problems started with the transition?

Yikes!   We have reservations through Choice Air as well, not paid for, for an October cruise.  I, too, called them and was directed to Azamara.  I do see on the new website our invoice.  It shows the amount we owe for the flights as well as the cruise, so I’m hopeful that the transfer of flights to Azamara control has taken place.  I’m curious as to how your situation resolves.   Please report back and let us know! 

Update - after waiting 6 hours on hold with Azamara, the representative said they'd send an e-mail to the people who are doing the airline tickets now (I don't know who that is.)  He said he should have an answer by Monday and will let me know.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't have to call back. ☹️

Phone Screenshot.jpg

12 minutes ago, JAT0303 said:

Update - after waiting 6 hours on hold with Azamara, the representative said they'd send an e-mail to the people who are doing the airline tickets now (I don't know who that is.)  He said he should have an answer by Monday and will let me know.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I don't have to call back. ☹️

I applaud your persistence! Thanks for keeping us updated. We don’t cruise until August, but we’re still concerned because our Azamara Air flights booked through ChoiceAIR are certainly subject to change. It concerns us not to have a contact in case of scheduling changes.

• Like 1

One of our flights coming home is with Luftstasa from Venice to Frankfurt and when I try to go online to fill out the passport and security info it says that this flight isn't paid for. I have the booking info that says it is paid for. My TA is trying to contact someone with Azamara or choice air and the phone just rings and rings. She has been on the phone for over 10 hours just listening to the phone ring but no one picks up. Where is the customer service people you hired recently. What a shame that Azamara has fallen to this level. Our cruise is on May 6, 2023 for 12 nights, treasures of the Mediterranean. This will be our last Azamara cruise. I've had it. 

Tyler

• Like 3

I'm the OP.  When I try to check and see if my flights have been ticketed with Lufthansa, I now see:

1 error
  • The payment for this booking is incomplete, please complete the payment for this booking.

I can't even access the flight details now except for a little box that has my flight date as 5/26. It's supposed to be 5/27.  I was able to see the flight details yesterday.

This is not looking good.

I'm getting the same error on out flight coming home from Venice to Frankfurt on may 18. I'm letting our TA fix this one. She says that for now she can't get anyone to answer the telephone at choice air or Azamara. 

Original poster here with an update...

I have been trying to get them to ticket my May 27th flights to Europe for a week.  The tickets were paid in full on January 18th.  I waited on hold for 6 hours last week and talked to a representative who said he'd send e-mail to the air department and I should hear back by today (I didn't hear from anyone.)  My flights have disappeared from Lufthansa and my seats are gone from our return flight.  My TA can get into the system which shows my reservations and says they are not ticketed.

I called again Monday morning (4/10) and actually got someone on the phone quickly (6:30 am PST.)  I told her I was having a problem and needed to talk with air department.  She was very nice but said no one can talk with the air department directly anymore and needed to go through customer service.   She put me on hold to go check with them.  I was on l hold about 20 minutes.  She said that my flights are there but they are having to go through every reservation by hand because of their data issues.  She mentioned she is working with a customer who flies in 3 days and doesn't have tickets yet.  She said it's been brought to their attention now and they should work on it now.  I don't have a lot of confidence that there will be a quick resolution.

Today, 4/11, I called Lufthansa to check on my reservations and ask why I couldn't see them anymore on the website.  The rep. confirmed my reservations are still there but didn't know why I couldn't see them and why the part I could see said 5/26 as the flight date. 

On the up side, I did get an e-mail from Azamara in response to my report that I couldn't see my upcoming cruise.  I can indeed see it and it shows paid in full!  Unfortunately, it says that I am doing "independent" air which has increased my concern ☹️.

This is our first time on Azamara (lots of other cruise lines) and I'm feeling pretty discouraged with what I expected to be a positive experience.  Like others, I have been involved with major data system changes and we would never have moved to a new system without making sure the data conversion was complete and the system was functioning well.  This is not reflecting well on Azamara.

I would encourage anyone who reserved flights using Flights by Celebrity for a cruise in the next 60 days to check and see if their booking is still there and whether it is ticketed if less than 45 days to the first flight.

Edited by JAT0303

On 4/7/2023 at 1:51 PM, silkismom said:

I also booked ChoiceAir for Sept, United still shows my flts, of course there have been schedule changes that aren't that great, not sure what to do.

You may have some nice options if the changes to your flights have been significant.  Go over to the Oceania board and read the recent discussion titled "An Air Hack That Just Worked". 

OP, all I can say, is good luck.

Our first Azamara cruise is in Sept, but we tried FBC for one of our Celebrity cruises last year. Short version: total nightmare. Spent over 17 hours on the phone in total, IIRC. I hope you are ticketed soon and have seats together with your traveling party but it seems worrisome at this stage. Crossing fingers for you.

I am unlikely to book another X cruise again soon for a variety of reasons despite having done many in the past; I will never, ever use FBC again.

I’m thinking about booking a backup flight that is fully refundable or at least vouchered for full value.  However, since my inbound flights have been cancelled twice due to nonpayment and learning of so many similar situations, I’m starting to get a very uneasy feeling and wondering if Azamara is about to go “belly up”.  I’m supposed to fly on May 4 for my May 6 cruise….why would they fail to pay yet again after reinstating flight once already??  

20 hours ago, MetravelUtoo? said:

I’m thinking about booking a backup flight that is fully refundable or at least vouchered for full value.  However, since my inbound flights have been cancelled twice due to nonpayment and learning of so many similar situations, I’m starting to get a very uneasy feeling and wondering if Azamara is about to go “belly up”.  I’m supposed to fly on May 4 for my May 6 cruise….why would they fail to pay yet again after reinstating flight once already??  

IMO this has nothing to do with Azamara finances, so no worry about them going belly up.  This is about the process of disconnecting from Royal, every aspect of which has turned into a fiasco.  When it's all finally done [if ever!], Azamara should sue Royal for enough to build a new ship!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

IMO this has nothing to do with Azamara finances, so no worry about them going belly up.  This is about the process of disconnecting from Royal, every aspect of which has turned into a fiasco.  When it's all finally done [if ever!], Azamara should sue Royal for enough to build a new ship!!!

Azamara management's total incompetence would prevent them from doing so.

• Like 2

We are booked for the France Intensive in June 2023. I booked my own flights thru Delta so no problems there. My issue is we paid for our cruise in full. However, it says paid in full on one section, but when I go to another section it says we owe over $400!  Getting thru to Customer Service is impossible. I call in the mornings, I’m on hold forever. I call in the evening, there is no one to answer the phones. 
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated 

17 minutes ago, CurlyT said:

We are booked for the France Intensive in June 2023. I booked my own flights thru Delta so no problems there. My issue is we paid for our cruise in full. However, it says paid in full on one section, but when I go to another section it says we owe over $400!  Getting thru to Customer Service is impossible. I call in the mornings, I’m on hold forever. I call in the evening, there is no one to answer the phones. 

Ignore it, in time it will right itself 

Leave the phone answering agents for those with bigger, more immediate issuesL

Edited by uktog

Well maybe it will. However, in the meantime, since it is my money, I will continue to try and get in touch. 

Because I have gone through several conversions with 2 companies I do understand how “things” fall through the cracks. Just want to make sure I’m not one of them. 

4 hours ago, CurlyT said:

Take a copy of your bank or credit card statement showing your payment(s) with you to embarkation, if it’s still showing that by June.

• Like 2

OP here with update.  After 6 phone calls, I finally got my outbound tickets to Barcelona ticketed.  I've been calling and continuing to follow up with Azamara about ticketing my return flights.  I was told on 4/17 and 4/19 that they had been ticketed.  Last call on 4/19 I was told the systems needed to "sync"

Well, I checked on my flights this morning on AA and they have been cancelled!  On hold now for Azamara.  My patience has now run out!

I have a cruise booked with Silversea, and originally took advantage of their free Coach air and very reasonable Business class upgrade offer – but after reading all the horror stories on that forum I have rebooked without air.  The stories seem very similar to here, and they don't have the excuse of a divorce.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I have a cruise booked with Silversea, and originally took advantage of their free Coach air and very reasonable Business class upgrade offer – but after reading all the horror stories on that forum I have rebooked without air.  The stories seem very similar to here, and they don't have the excuse of a divorce.

My experience with Viking Air a year ago was a nightmare, also.  
Oceania air experience was a bit better, but expensive.

Now I just book my own.  Not sure any cruise air is great.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1