Removing Italy on Silversea?

Unibok

1 hour ago, nfcu said:

Thanks, you made me smile.  Many great memories of him.  He was La Terrazzo to us!

Yes i miss him too. I believe he is happily retired. This photo is from 2015. Long ago and far away. It was a lunch and learn with Chef David.

1CA5872F-A2DB-4B75-BCBE-8912B1F2FD45.thumb.jpeg.3666983e3233db012211a418ea630091.jpeg

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still enjoy the little Italian touches:  the daily fresh made pasta, for example, at the buffet.  

It's those bloody Americans that are ruining everything, with the baseball caps and wads of money.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

I still enjoy the little Italian touches:  the daily fresh made pasta, for example, at the buffet.  

It's those bloody Americans that are ruining everything, with the baseball caps and wads of money.

Wow.  What does that really mean?

4 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Although now the Chinese have bigger wads of money which scares me.

Pre Covid I worked in Tasmania. A few of my favourite restaurants completely changed as they sought to chase those Chinese wads of cash.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Although now the Chinese have bigger wads of money which scares me.

Pre Covid I worked in Tasmania. A few of my favourite restaurants completely changed as they sought to chase those Chinese wads of cash.

There are various articles that do suggest the "Ugly Chinese" is taking over the "Ugly American".

• Like 1

As a kid I watched Bugs Bunny remove Florida from the US. But he was really mad, and also had a big saw.

Removing Italy might be more problematic, as you’d be slicing through those very tough Alps and Dolomites. (As a comparison, north Florida in much flatter).

Anyway - blog it, or let us know how it works out.

2 hours ago, tscoffey said:

As a kid I watched Bugs Bunny remove Florida from the US. But he was really mad, and also had a big saw.

Don't give anyone any ideas--there are a lot of people who'd like to see that right now. 😥

If you must have Italian, there's always Costa, but my guess is that ain't happening with SS aficionados. 

Edited by taxatty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:41 AM, dawntrdr said:

I don't think that "Atlantide" is an Italian word; therefore any acceptable English pronunciation would do, including "Atlant-EYEd."  My first SS cruise was on the Cloud in 2018, and the main eating venue there (as on the Wind) is still called "The Restaurant", not the Ristorante, and that ship goes back to 1994.  

That said, an Italian Christmas Eve dinner, or any specialty cultural meal such as a St. Joseph's table, would be a great idea.

I always thought it was Atlantide as in Atlantic ocean and tide, no?

Atlantides, plural.... is defined in various place as a feminine noun referring to Atlantis but elsewhere is a name given to the Pleiades, which were fabled to be the seven daughters of Atlas who were translated to heaven, viewed as the nearest star cluster to earth . They were the inhabitants of the legendary island of Atlantis.

Perhaps it refers to just one of the sisters ... 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:55 PM, Rothko1 said:

Especially the baseball caps, welded on at birth!

• Haha 1

I think I’ll have my final answer if they change the name of the Venetian Society to the Newark Club.

And substitute Voce del’Opera with Jersey Boys.

Thanks for the fun,

• Haha 1