Arvia K308 - All aboard

TigerB

Just eight days after booking and getting a bargain fare, we're on board and eager to get going.

Easy drive down from East Yorkshire, leaving at 07:00 and dropping our bags off at 11:50. Nipped to Asda for a couple of last minute bits, and returned to the terminal and hour before our scheduled check-in time. Waved through and were in the Keel & Cow bar area just twenty minutes later.

I took the advice of others on here and logged onto My Holiday while in the terminal and bagged a couple of 710 club shows.

The ship is rammed full. No chance of an upgrade! 

Whilst sat in the bar, at 13:45, heard the most obnoxious couple being so rude to a waitress. They walked right up to her, and the woman was right in her face. She said on a loud voice so all around could hear, "Why are we here, and not in our cabin"? The poor lass apologised and tried to direct them to Reception. And again, "I'm asking you, why isn't our cabin ready"? I was about to get up and intervene, but our lass looked straight at me and said, "B, leave it".   What a totally self important #@&# (rhymes with cat); the woman, not our lass.

Will check in later, hopefully.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Just eight days after booking and getting a bargain fare, we're on board and eager to get going.

Easy drive down from East Yorkshire, leaving at 07:00 and dropping our bags off at 11:50. Nipped to Asda for a couple of last minute bits, and returned to the terminal and hour before our scheduled check-in time. Waved through and were in the Keel & Cow bar area just twenty minutes later.

I took the advice of others on here and logged onto My Holiday while in the terminal and bagged a couple of 710 club shows.

Whilst sat in the bar, at 13:45, heard the most obnoxious couple being so rude to a waitress. They walked right up to her, and the woman was right in her face. She said on a loud voice so all around could hear, "Why are we here, and not in our cabin"? The poor lass apologised and tried to direct them to Reception. And again, "I'm asking you, why isn't our cabin ready"? I was about to get up and intervene, but our lass looked straight at me and said, "B, leave it".   What a totally self important #@&# (rhymes with cat); the woman, not our lass.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 4

• Host Sharon changed the title to Arvia K308 - All aboard
52 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Fantastic someone on another site has been saying those who turned up early today were made to queue outside until their time . Great you got on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Babybooface said:

Fantastic someone on another site has been saying those who turned up early today were made to queue outside until their time . Great you got on.

Same with Iona yesterday apparently.  My BIL had an early check in but his son and daughter in law had to wait for 1 1/2 hours.

2 hours ago, TigerB said:

Quick question - how did you manage to use My Holiday from the terminal, the last time we tried to use My Holiday from the terminal we needed the last 6 digits from our cabin key to log in so we had to wait until we were onboard. 

I'd like to use My Holiday from the terminal when we go in June so any instructions would be great..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Quick question - how did you manage to use My Holiday from the terminal, the last time we tried to use My Holiday from the terminal we needed the last 6 digits from our cabin key to log in so we had to wait until we were onboard. 

I'd like to use My Holiday from the terminal when we go in June so any instructions would be great..

The same number that is on your cabin key is also on your boarding pass that you print off and take with you to show at check in.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Babybooface said:

In fact, there was a queue snaking outside, but our lass has assistance, and we were directed to one of the attendants; we said we were an hour early and she waved us through.👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Just as majortom says; in fact, I think it was him that put me on to it.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Have a great time!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Where is this cruise going?

Med;

La Coruna

Valencia

Marseilles

Barcelona (overnight)

Cadiz 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TigerB said:

In fact, there was a queue snaking outside, but our lass has assistance, and we were directed to one of the attendants; we said we were an hour early and she waved us through.👍

So were they actively intercepting wheelchair users and allowing them to bypass the queue? Great if they do, as I was concerned about my wife needing the loo if we were stuck in a long queue. 

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

So were they actively intercepting wheelchair users and allowing them to bypass the queue? Great if they do, as I was concerned about my wife needing the loo if we were stuck in a long queue. 

Yes. At the point where they were directing folk to the end of the queue, we were directed to the doors where the second person waved us in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise_Rookie_2010 said:

Have a great cruise, you'll really enjoy Arvia, first day is always mental and tempers get frayed when they really shouldn't (it's a holiday after all).

She's a big girl, no worries about getting your steps in.image.thumb.png.5cba3ea96543c6639fded9e0c5ab8616.png

Thanks 👍

We were on the maiden Transatlantic at the beginning of January, so know our way around a bit. More folk on this one but still doesn't feel busy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerB said:

I would have been far less polite to that passenger. I have a loud voice and being a teacher know how to use it I hate ignorance to members of staff. 

• Like 18

We've just had our first meal of the cruise; in Green & Co, which we really like.

Excellent meal, really well presented and full of both contrasting and complimentary flavours.

I won't yet, but if folk want me to post pics, just vote. Before we left, one of our daughters said, "Dad, if you post food photos on the WhatsApp group I'm blocking you".🤭

Had this tasty little cockertail though...

IMG_20230416_1856369722.thumb.jpg.62d3a39759c45687ca90ab3a31c16a80.jpg

IMG_20230416_1841556282.thumb.jpg.8fcbc1f7dd869d074d9d7547da727870.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, daiB said:

I would have been far less polite to that passenger. I have a loud voice and being a teacher know how to use it I hate ignorance to members of staff. 

I was about to but was told to wind my neck in by the boss🤭

• Haha 5