MIAMI CRUISE PORT HOTEL

dallascruiser

Last time we sailed from Miami, we stayed here:

https://www.yvehotelmiami.com/

Nice and chic boutique hotel across the street from Bayside Marketplace. It has a cool restaurant and a bar. Our stay included coupons for free drinks at the bar. If you book a high floor looking towards the port of Miami, you’ll get a nice view of your ship sailing in early in the morning (we did). 😃

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Last time we sailed from Miami, we stayed here:

https://www.yvehotelmiami.com/

Nice and chic boutique hotel across the street from Bayside Marketplace. It has a cool restaurant and a bar. Our stay included coupons for free drinks at the bar. If you book a high floor looking towards the port of Miami, you’ll get a nice view of your ship sailing in early in the morning (we did). 😃

+1

That's where I stayed in January.  

• Like 1

We love the doubletree which shares lobby with Marriott, several restaurants and bars in lobby area and live music on weekends, also stores including a liquor store. Can see port and ships from some of the balconies.

My wife and I are back into cruise mode following Covid. We're cruising out of Miami March 2024. The last time we cruised was 2018, again out of Miami. When I checked prices I almost fell out of my chair. YIKES!  I know March is prime season in south Florida, but could this be because it's so far in advance? We've stayed at the Hampton Inn-Brickell in the past, but they are now about $400/night. Actually, most hotels are in that range. I know this post is probably redundant, but would appreciate any information and suggestions.

51 minutes ago, Socal404 said:

My wife and I are back into cruise mode following Covid. We're cruising out of Miami March 2024. The last time we cruised was 2018, again out of Miami. When I checked prices I almost fell out of my chair. YIKES!  I know March is prime season in south Florida, but could this be because it's so far in advance? We've stayed at the Hampton Inn-Brickell in the past, but they are now about $400/night. Actually, most hotels are in that range. I know this post is probably redundant, but would appreciate any information and suggestions.

Book a fully cancelable reservation now at whatever hotel appeals to you and then keep watching its price and those of others you are interested in.

• Like 3

We stayed at Yotel Downtown Miami YOTEL Miami | Downtown hotel | Bayfront views | YOTEL

Rooms are modern but sparse and a bit basic, but fine for one night before a cruise.

Walking distance to Bayside mall for shopping and there are a few bars and restaurants in the downtown area too. Can even walk all the way to the Brickell Mall for a longer Sunday morning stroll before the cruise.

Lyft was under $10 from the hotel to Terminal V.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, capriccio said:

Book a fully cancelable reservation now at whatever hotel appeals to you and then keep watching its price and those of others you are interested in.

When I began researching, I also was shocked by the prices, and the sub-par reviews. Check out the EB Hotel Miami Airport- we booked pre and post stays for our trip next January. A few others on our roll call have also reserved rooms. In addition to their standard rates, they offer: AAA, AARP, and a Cruise Package. Rates are much better than $400/night

https://www.ebhotels.com/miami

11 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we stayed at EB hotel 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2930782-oasis-april-2-9-2023-a-wonderful-cruise/#comment-65200542

glad to hear from a recent guest- I recommended it on our roll call and 3 people booked it soon after.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

I second staying at the YVE.. close to the port , shopping and restaurants, loved it.

We stayed at the YVE for our April 8th cruise out of Miami. Hotel was nice and modern, rooms are very small and bathroom even smaller but for pre cruise hotel it works. Cant beat the location right across the street from Marketplace. I will say the elevators are very very slow and only have two of them. Also Valet Parking was $40 per night

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 8:49 AM, George C said:

We love the doubletree which shares lobby with Marriott, several restaurants and bars in lobby area and live music on weekends, also stores including a liquor store. Can see port and ships from some of the balconies.

Just booked the Doubletree.  Will be there for two nights.  Any other hints for grocery/breakfast, wine purchases, light dining, or a nearby sight to see.

thanks for posting a hotel recommendation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Just booked the Doubletree.  Will be there for two nights.  Any other hints for grocery/breakfast, wine purchases, light dining, or a nearby sight to see.

thanks for posting a hotel recommendation.

Just walk around lobby area , there is a good Italian/pizza place with a bar they also have a nice breakfast , I believe a streak restaurant, we liked the Japanese restaurant we had dinner there, a floor up there is a oyster restaurant that got terrible reviews that’s next to the Marriott , we like all the choices without leaving the building. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

YVE appears to have a number of negative reviews. Not our first choice.

We just stayed there 2 weeks ago, can’t beat the location, little bar restaurant downstairs, rooms are small and elevators slow but was perfect location for pre cruise stay 

• Like 1