Sunset Veranda Stateroom

lottee

We are currently booked in a partially obstructed veranda stateroom and have the option to “move up” to either a Sunset Veranda Stateroom or Family Balcony Stateroom. Just wondering if it’s worth bidding for either of these Staterooms? 

6 minutes ago, lottee said:

We are currently booked in a partially obstructed veranda stateroom and have the option to “move up” to either a Sunset Veranda Stateroom or Family Balcony Stateroom. Just wondering if it’s worth bidding for either of these Staterooms? 

as to Sunset Veranda..yes, 

long walk to elevs but large syaterroom and  large balc.. great aft views..on E Class

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lottee said:

Not sure what ship or class you are looking at, but we had a Sunset Balcony on the Millennium and loved it. It was huge with 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a table and still tons of room. It had 1/3 solid overhang, 1/3 sail  type cover and 1/3 open (no cover) so was great if you were looking for or avoiding the sun. 

35 minutes ago, lottee said:

You decide. For us it depends on the price and the bigger factor is location. 

38 minutes ago, lottee said:

You sailing must be on Millennium or one of her sister ships.  It's worth bidding on--depending on how expensive it is.  The Sunset Verandas are very nice and the Family Veranda is awesome because of their oversized balcony.

I posted this photo recently, but it is worth reposting here:

image.thumb.jpeg.da0ee952416183c3d186528

View of sunset, Sunset Verandas, and Family Verandas.  Millennium, Jun 2007, somewhere in the Mediterranean Sea

Edited by mahdnc

26 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Not sure what ship or class you are looking at, but we had a Sunset Balcony on the Millennium and loved it. It was huge with 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a table and still tons of room. It had 1/3 solid overhang, 1/3 sail  type cover and 1/3 open (no cover) so was great if you were looking for or avoiding the sun. 

47 minutes ago, lottee said:

Many thanks for your reply, we are sailing on Reflection in May.

If it is the Reflection it doesn't appear to be a crazy long balcony like the Millennium Sunset balconies (they are almost the same size of the main living/sleeping area of the cabin), but regardless can't beat the views from an aft balcony and I would say consider it if you have never been in one.

We have a Sunset balcony booked on the Edge next year - we are almost in the category of "if it is a balcony, make it an aft!" so perhaps biased -haha.

• Like 1

We had a Sunset Veranda cabin on Apex last year.  It is a bit further from the elevators, but it was quiet.  And the large balcony was wonderful, with wonderful views.  We booked one on Beyond for next year.  I agree, we are almost in the "must be aft, or nothing" category!

1 hour ago, lottee said:

Many thanks for your reply, we are sailing on Reflection in May.

Oops.  Sorry, I was so sure you were talking about M class!  FV balconies on Reflection is not as nice and I wouldn't recommend a move-up bid unless you have 3 passengers or more sharing a single cabin.

I have a SV booked on the Eclipse for Aug.  It'll be my first time on Celebrity, but I've been doing a lot of research.  As far as I can tell for the Solstice-class, all veranda cabins (standard, premium, sunset, concierge) have the same basic balcony size.  But the sunset verandas do have a few that are larger, and a few that are smaller.  You can kind of see that in the photo in this thread...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2748758-aft-balcony-on-reflection/

We like to think we are seasoned cruisers and cant believe we came to the Sunset balcony so late. We had our first one on the Reflection last summer in the Med and loved it. We have 2 further cruises booked and both are Sunsets.. Its the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Is there a good website to search for SV availability? We sailed in one on Beyond, and now I don’t want anything else. But doing a dummy booking for every possible date is getting old, 

I’ve also had difficulty finding Sunset Veranda cabins available. What’s up with that?

35 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’ve also had difficulty finding Sunset Veranda cabins available. What’s up with that?

On E class especially they disappear quickly. I got one for my TA next year on the Beyond, and a week later were gone.  S Class and M class they are around but do go quickly.  If you think of it there are only around 70ish of those types of rooms available and once you sail in them you want them again. They are my default if the price is right.  

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I just experience my first sunset balcony, and I loved it.  We have two more booked for 2024.  I think we were able to find/book those particular rooms because we booked as soon as the cruise was announced (so well more than a year out).

Hope you are able to find a sunset stateroom sooner than later.

• Like 2

Count us among the Sunset forever lovers.  A tip - some of the ships (maybe not E-Class - not sure) now have Sunset Concierge class cabins.  They are on the "higher" decks, same location but considered Concierge class.  We just booked one on Silhouette for next year, and it was actually cheaper than the "regular" Sunset veranda category (which was actually also sold out). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I was wondering if they had changed their classification on E class ships -to Aqua or Concierge or even suite bc they are in demand. i hope not.

I never bid for upgrades. Find I always fare better when there are price drops then I move up from my regular veranda. Twice I've had Concierce through price drop and last cruise got a concierge SV for an extra $100.  That was a 10 night on the Equinox. Views are even better than what you see from the Helipad. 

2 hours ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I was wondering if they had changed their classification on E class ships -to Aqua or Concierge or even suite bc they are in demand. i hope not.

Not that I have seen.  From what I have seen the some of the S class SVs on the higher decks have been reclassified as Concierge.

Might depend on the ship. I had one on the E class. Best cabin we have ever had. The balcony was really large. That said I hated the location because it was inconvenient.  It is a pretty long walk from the elevators back to the cabin so quick trips for coffee or from the pool take extra time.  The walk to the shows covers the whole length of the ship.  For many I am sure this is no issue. One thing for sure is I got my walking in. Guess it is all a trade off.  

• Like 1

Spent a week in a sunset veranda on the Reflection last month. Loved the cabin but I hope yours has the bed next to the bathroom. I didn't care for the bed next to the balcony. The balcony can get hot during the afternoons with barely an overhang. There will be soot specks so be careful and brush off the furniture before you sit down.