Are the 9" cakes any good.

Thad409

They're still Carnival cakes - so they're not as sweet or rich as what many are used to in America. But I do think they're better than the cakes they serve on the evening buffet.

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

They're still Carnival cakes - so they're not as sweet or rich as what many are used to in America. But I do think they're better than the cakes they serve on the evening buffet.

Mine was great.  Not all dessert are sweet

12 hours ago, Thad409 said:

Ordered the red velvet 😃

I got married on the Carnival Fantasy and we ordered the red velvet for our cake. I remember it being good.

6 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We got one one time pre-Covid and it was decent.  We got one post-Covid and it was terrible.  

You seem to have bad luck with Carnival. We have had several, pre and post, and all have been very tasty.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, canes20 said:

You seem to have bad luck with Carnival. We have had several, pre and post, and all have been very tasty.

5 of my 6 last cruises have been amazing experiences and I have left positive reviews.  However, if I had a bad cake and someone asks if the cake is good, I am going to state my opinion.  Is not it possible that with different chefs and different kitchen staff and on different ships at different times that I may have had a terrible cake even though you have always had ones that were very tasty?  People can have different experiences and their experiences all be valid.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

5 of my 6 last cruises have been amazing experiences and I have left positive reviews.  However, if I had a bad cake and someone asks if the cake is good, I am going to state my opinion.  Is not it possible that with different chefs and different kitchen staff and on different ships at different times that I may have had a terrible cake even though you have always had ones that were very tasty?  People can have different experiences and their experiences all be valid.

giphy.gif

I was not trying to dig at anything. I can understand everyone has their opinion. A bad cake is a bad cake.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The 9" chocolate cake is amazing. The filling makes it very moist and delicious. I wish I could bring one home. I only order the small one because we always have so much to eat on Carnival that there is not much room for dessert and the cabin is always too crowded to try to keep it for a few days.

another vote for they’re way better than the lido cake slices! We ordered one our first cruise and then when we had lido desserts we were very disappointed. We expected them to be as good. And especially for the price, I’d totally get one again! 

We l like them very much, ordered a Chocolate one for my hubby's birthday when we cruise in 2 weeks.  Though I will say I like the old chocolate cake better than the new chocolate cakes.