The Catch by Rudi Menu

Kay.redmann

I have searched and searched and can’t find it.  Does anyone has the menu for the new seafood restaurant? I am so excited that I was able to reserve a dinner there on my Alaska Cruise and I love to read menus and dream….so excited for my cruise 

So, as I've read elsewhere, a US$39 charge for the restaurant and an additional $30 for lobster? We'll pass.

"Opening Gambits?" A term used to mean either an initial risk or a sacrifice for sake of an advantage. Other that trying fugu, I don't want to take risks with seafood. If the appetizer is their sacrifice, what advantage do they want? Perhaps I'm being too literal there.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kay.redmann said:

I have searched and searched and can’t find it.  Does anyone has the menu for the new seafood restaurant? I am so excited that I was able to reserve a dinner there on my Alaska Cruise and I love to read menus and dream….so excited for my cruise 

We were there May 5, on Majestic. Loved it soooo much, we are returning on the last night or our cruise, tomorrow. @Kay.redmann

• Like 3

I have an upcoming Alaska cruise on the Majestic in July. I had already made SD reservations for the Crown Grill and Harmony. I was not even aware Catch was going to be available until I read it on this thread. I tried changing the reservation from Harmony to Catch on the Dine My Way app but couldn’t even find Catch as a possible selection.  I called Princess and they made the change for me. Definitely looking forward to dining in this new seafood restaurant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

This menu is an improvement over Sur La Mer.  I think the surgharge is a bit high, but for seafood lovers, it might be worth it.  Which ships will have this?

Discovery (coming in the fall), Enchanted, Sky, and the Majestic

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Sun in 2024?

So far according to the deck plans on the Princess website they have sabatini's and Crown Grill mentioned I don't know what other surprises they have up their sleeves and regards the specialty dining but nothing is mentioned about the catch by rui

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
32 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Oh I hope that is not going to be the menu fleet wide because it's missing some of the great dishes.  

That menu does not even have half of the items from the other ships! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I think the pictures of The Catch on the Sun show it as a pop up location at a rear part of the buffet, rather than a full standalone restaurant.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leo37 said:

I think the pictures of The Catch on the Sun show it as a pop up location at a rear part of the buffet, rather than a full standalone restaurant.

I’ve seen the same thing and hopefully the limited menu is only for this pop-up location. In a couple of weeks we have a paid reservation for The Catch by Rudi on Discovery & expect to have the complete menu available.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 7:42 AM, mtnesterz said:

So, as I've read elsewhere, a US$39 charge for the restaurant and an additional $30 for lobster? We'll pass.

"Opening Gambits?" A term used to mean either an initial risk or a sacrifice for sake of an advantage. Other that trying fugu, I don't want to take risks with seafood. If the appetizer is their sacrifice, what advantage do they want? Perhaps I'm being too literal there.

The sea & shore entree includes a lobster tail for the price of dining,no up charge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

The sea & shore entree includes a lobster tail for the price of dining,no up charge.

But the Lobster on the sea and shore is 4 oz instead of 12 oz.  

And I really hope this isn’t fleet wide .. that lobster appetizer is gone as is the concerto seafood pasta.  We don’t eat tons of food but would like to see those things that made us book at The Catch back on the menu.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

The whole business of specialty/casual/popups dining is an upcharge.

Someone is going to say, but we bought a package so it is free. Well, they paid for the package.

Some apparently forget, all of us have already paid for dinner (in the MDR) with our fares, it's just if passengers are willing to pay extra for whatever value they hope to receive.

So my joke almost a year ago about the Opening Gambits was to poke fun at the sham of it all. But we reached our limit and now, nearly a year after I posted on this thread, we are sailing on a line with no upcharge for dining, or "Crew Appreciation," admitting that our base fare is substantially higher to compensate.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Thanks 1