Are Balcony Foot Rest Going Away?

mike&elena

We've heard a rumor that foot rests are not part of the new balcony furniture being rolled-out on most Princess ships.  Since we have booked a Caribe deck balcony on the Emerald next month, can anyone tell us if we can expect to find foot rests?  (If not, we plan to bring our own.)

Thanks,

Mike & Elena 🌴👨👩🌴

8 minutes ago, mike&elena said:

We've heard a rumor that foot rests are not part of the new balcony furniture being rolled-out on most Princess ships.  Since we have booked a Caribe deck balcony on the Emerald next month, can anyone tell us if we can expect to find foot rests?  (If not, we plan to bring our own.)

Thanks,

Mike & Elena 🌴👨👩🌴

I don't recall a foot rest on our Royal balcony a few weeks ago...just two chairs and table.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

I don't recall a foot rest on our Royal balcony a few weeks ago...just two chairs and table.

We had foot rests on Royal last month but we were in a mini suite. I dont recall them over the last few years with a regular or deluxe balcony cabin.  Last month our little balcony was so crowded with chairs, foot rests, and the large table that we actually moved the table into the room!  Its more managable with a deeper balcony. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Grand in April and had foot rests on our mini suite balcony.  However, we had to be moved to a balcony cabin because of a major electrical issue, and that cabin did not have the foot rests.  I guess they are now provided only in mini suites and above.

3 minutes ago, cpcanuck said:

I suspect the newer ships with much smaller balconies don’t really have the space to extend a footrest in front of the chair. Is that what is happening?

I think so. We’ve had them on Royal class balconies mid ship (the larger angled ones), but not on the regular balconies. No room.

11 minutes ago, mike&elena said:

If anyone on the Emerald right now can confirm that there are foot rests on the Caribe deck balconies, please let us know.

Thank you!

Did you ask on that roll call?  Someone may be on that deck.

The Coral Princess balconies got new furniture in late April.  The mini-suite balconies have the usual 2 chairs and 2 footrests plus a slightly larger table (a couple of inches) than before.

My last two cruises were on the Discovery, large angled mid-ship mini suite, and I had to beg for a foot rest.  Even with a torn meniscus it was ridiculous how I had to elevate my request, and I didn't even get it til mid cruise.

• Like 1

I need a foot stool. 
I hope they don’t remove footstools from Caribe deck and all larger balconies.  
Otherwise, I will be bringing a blow-up beach ball onboard to use as a foot stool (when I get to cruise again one day)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beshears said:

OK, this is a NEW one to me. What are foot rests on balcony's? I can "imagine" what they are, but I have never heard of them before and I have had a balcony room more than once before.

We’ve always had them on the balconies that are larger on ships.

Sometimes, you’ll see them tucked under the chair to get them out of the way.

image.jpeg.548f9e6ca2bc21638423707ddd69e5c8.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Currently on Island Princess and our standard balcony cabin on Baja deck does not have foot stools.  I can see that they have them on the mini suite balcony below us though.   

Edited by Shelly97060

We have always had foot rests on the Grand Class ships in Caribe deck balconies and also have had them in an Aloha deck balcony. On Royal Princess the balcony was far too narrow to allow for foot rests. I'm "expecting" them for our 32 days on Grand Princess this fall but, even though we have a "larger" balcony on Discovery Princess next April I don't count on having footrests on that ship. It would be "nice" but...

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

We have always had foot rests on the Grand Class ships in Caribe deck balconies and also have had them in an Aloha deck balcony. On Royal Princess the balcony was far too narrow to allow for foot rests. I'm "expecting" them for our 32 days on Grand Princess this fall but, even though we have a "larger" balcony on Discovery Princess next April I don't count on having footrests on that ship. It would be "nice" but...

We had them on our “larger” balcony on the Enchanted.  So, there’s hope for you! 😀